Destiny 2 update 1.27 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is now rolling out for players. According to the official Destiny 2 1.27 patch notes, the new update brings Festival of the Lost as well as various fixes for issues related stuttering, framerate drop, lag, client bugs, crashing, and UI bugs. In addition, Destiny 2 version 1.27 also contains stability and performance improvements.
Bungie previously released a hotfix with various fixes and changes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Destiny 2 version 1.27 update is expected to fix these issues. Check out more details below.
Destiny 2 update 1.27 patch notes
- Now Throwing Hammers can be picked only if your own Throwing Hammer ability is not fully charged
- Fixed an issue in which Burning Maul’s slam attack was unintentionally triggering melee-based perks
- Banner Shield can no longer be overpenetrated by weapons with perks such as Armor-Piercing Rounds
- Resupply can now also benefit allies behind obstacles
- Fixed an issue in which Kill Clip would not trigger if players reloaded their weapon using Marksman’s Dodge while having the Dragon’s Shadow Exotic chest armor equipped
- Fixed an issue where Healing Rift and Well of Radiance could prevent weapon perks such as White Nail and Magnificent Howl from working properly
- Note: This introduced a bug where White Nail may occasionally activate after 2 hits. This will be addressed in a future update.
- Fixed an issue where Handheld Supernova could deal damage to allies
- Fixed an issue where Handheld Supernova kills would sometime appear as “Killed by the Architects” in the obituary and where the ability was inconsistent in triggering the Dark Matter perk
- Players will no longer perform the Atomic Breach melee ability when using the heavy attack of the Escalation Protocol Sword
- Fixed an issue in which using the Phoenix Protocol Exotic chest with Well of Radiance could result in weapons not rendering
- Casting Chaos Reach with your back up against a wall will no longer block the beam
- Fixed an issue in which Chaos Reach was dealing less damage at lower framerates; as a result, players may now notice an increase in total damage output
- Lucky Pants will no longer reload Hand Cannons that are not stowed
- Fixed an issue where ammo scavenger perks would give certain weapons less ammo than intended
- Prodigal Grasps and Dragonfly Regalia Grasps will no longer block the player’s view when they are using a Bow
- Increased Scout Rifle damage against combatants
- Repositioned the scope on the Fighting Lion’s Lupus Visage ornament for better visibility while players are aiming down sights
- Decreased Fighting Lion damage to be brought in line with other breach-load Grenade Launchers
- Reduced aim assist on Sleeper Simulant
- Buffed aim assist on Linear Fusion Rifles (not including Sleeper Simulant)
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Sway Reduction and Zen Moment perks would not function properly when combined with Lunafaction Boots or Rally Barricade
- Fixed an issue where the Taken Spec mod description was displayed twice in weapon tooltips
- Fixed an issue where the Between Breaths ornament for Whisper of the Worm would not display properly
- The charge bar on compound Bows now fills in two stages to directly reflect the two stages of the drawing animation
- Fixed an issue where visual effects on some weapons were sometimes still visible next to a character using Super abilities
- Fixed an issue where being shot by an allied Guardian’s Telesto could result in a crash
- Fixed an issue where One Thousand Voices would sometimes speak at the volume of One Hundred Thousand Voices
- Fixed an issue where Bows were not equipped properly when characters were sprinting
- Fixed an issue where the Badlander Shotgun was missing reload audio
- Updated the ATC Rex Häkke scope to align with other weapon scopes
- Fixed an issue where parts of Borealis did not display the correct element
- Fixed excessive perk activation audio for Redrix’s Broadsword when players activated the Desperado perk
- Fixed excessive perk audio for Trinity Ghoul’s Lightning Rod perk when the weapon is stowed
- Updated the draw animation on Trinity Ghoul
- Updated the description of Ionic Return on Borealis to more accurately reflect its bonus damage behavior
- Fixed an issue where Gambit clan engrams were not functioning properly
- Fixed an issue where shield walls would not spawn at the beginning of a match
- Fixed an issue where matchmaking for Gambit would sometimes take longer than intended, sometimes resulting in players being removed from the match
- Gambit Quitter Penalties have been reenabled
- Fixed an issue where the invasion portal would sometimes not open throughout the match
- Fixed an issue where Iron Engram displayed a higher Power level than intended
- Fixed an issue where Iron Banner token rewards from matches were doubled
- All Iron Banner bounties will now reward powerful gear
- Iron Banner bounty requirements have been reduced:
- Lightbearer: Super kills reduced to 20 from 25
- Iron in the Blood: Match completions reduced to 15 from 30
- Shine On: Orbs generated reduced to 50 from 100
- Iron Victory: Match wins reduced to 7 from 10
- To Be Precise: Precision kills reduced to 50 from 100
- All in a Week’s Work: Kills reduced to 150 from 250
- Fixed an issue where the kill feed would no longer display under certain circumstances
- Capture Zone waypoints no longer pulse when progress state changes or when in a Power Play in Iron Banner
- Fixed an issue that prevented audio cues from playing when players are revived in Countdown
- In Breakthrough, fixed an issue where the “Quick Strike” medal could be awarded for a short time after deploying the Breaker
- Fixed an issue where the Survival medal “Lone Gun” was firing for all players when winning a round
- Corrected an issue where the new “Perimeter Control” medal in Control did not properly replace the deprecated “I Live Here Now” medal
- Updated quest step “The Candidate” in “Forging the Broadsword” to new requirements: “In the Crucible, rapidly defeat opponents in groups of two or more.”
- This step will now track individual players defeated in a multikill instead of counting only “Double Play” medals
- Before, “Triple Play” rewarded +1 progress for 1 Double Play. Now, “Triple Play” will award +2 progress for “Double Play” and +1 for “Triple Play.”
Items and Economy
- Fixed an issue where powerful gear could sometimes drop at the same Power level as a character or below
- Raised the low end of powerful gear, which slightly increases the average Power upgrade per powerful drop
- Edge Transit has some company; added Through Fire and Flood, Zenobia D, and Crooked Fang-4fr to world Legendary pool
- Fixed an issue where Prime Engrams were going straight to the postmaster at the end of Crucible matches; they will now show alongside other end-of-match rewards
- Fixed an issue where the Cataloguer emblem was repeatedly sent to postmaster for some players
- Fixed an issue where Offering to the Oracle was not being properly consumed on use for some players
- Fixed an issue where the Last Wish Ghost and Sparrow were not dropping at the intended drop rates
- Fixed an issue where some weapons did not dismantle into the proper materials
- Removed “Trace Rifle Mastery” Crucible Triumph for players on all platforms
- Added Triumphs for completing Exotic badges in Collections
- “Trusted Right Hand” Triumph is now possible to complete
- It no longer requires more weekly bounties than are available in a week
- Triumphs to find all Ascendant chests in the Dreaming City no longer lose progress on the weekly reset if players have completed, but not yet claimed them
- Transmat effects added to Collections, under the Flair category
- Transmat effects gained (inventory or postmaster), used, or dismantled after September 4, 2018 will be unlocked in Collections
- Transmat effects are unlocked when added to player inventory, NOT when gaining ships that have them pre-socketed
- Added event Ghosts to Collections
- Added Forsaken emblem variants to Collections
- Added missing emblems to Collections
- Source updated for the Grenade Launcher Through Fire and Flood: Obtained through Legendary drops and rank-up packages
- Fixed an issue where bounties could expire in a players Post Master and cause WEASEL errors
- Fixed an issue where Korean IGR bounties did not have an Abandon option
- Added a recovery state for players who abandoned IGR bounties to acquire a weekly rotating IGR bounty for 250 Glimmer
- This recovery state persists until the next weekly reset
- Fixed an issue where the Eververse Bounty “Rise to the Challenge” did not have an Abandon option
- Players who Abandon “Rise to the Challenge” will be able to recover it from Eververse for 250 Glimmer until the weekly reset.
- Fixed an issue where boosted players could not receive Destiny 2 achievements for the boosted class
- Players will now receive the achievement when unlocking the first node of a new subclass
- Fixed an issue where players could not receive credit for the Destiny 2 achievement for completing the weekly Flashpoint
- Sturm quest will now increment when picking up Legendary and Exotic engrams
- Pinnacle wanted bounties from Spider will now complete for all members of the fireteam
- Bakken, the Relentless can now be summoned in the Divalian Mists
- Fixed an issue where the Blind Well could become locked if multiple players tried to activate it at once
- Heroic completion on the Rift Generator public event now consistently grants the appropriate rewards and properly counts toward Heroic public event completions
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to access the Strike playlist
- Fixed an issue where enemies would not spawn during Kalli, the Corrupted raid encounter
- Added Festival of the Lost – Amanda Holliday will serve as your host, offering bounties, masks, and rewards for all to partake in. Guardians will be invited to confront their Nightmares in the Haunted Forest, a limited-time activity exclusive to Festival of the Lost.
Iron Banner bounty objectives and rewards changes in Destiny 2 1.27.
- Each bounty will now offer a powerful reward
- Bounty objectives have been updated to the following:
- Lightbearer: Reduced Super kills to 20 from 25
- Iron in the Blood: Reduced match completions to 15 from 30
- Shine On: Reduced Orbs generated to 50 from 100
- Iron Victory: Reduced match wins to 7 from 10
- To Be Precise: Reduced precision kills to 50 from 100
- All in a Week’s Work: Reduced kills to 150 from 250
Bug Fixes in Destiny 2 1.27
- Added fixes for stuttering and framerate drop issues.
- Destiny 2 1.27 added fixes for crashing and freezing issues.
- Added performance and stability performance.
- Added minor UI changes with Destiny 2 version 1.27.
- Other minor changes.
Destiny 2: Forsaken Known Issues
- BrayTech RWP Mk. II: We are investigating reports where the BrayTech Scout Rifle doesn’t appear in Collections for some players.
- Ascendant Challenge Emblem: We are monitoring reports of the Ascendant Challenge emblem not updating correctly.
- PC FPS: We are investigating an issue where some players are experiencing low FPS, which impacts their gameplay sporadically.
Destiny 2 update 1.27 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.