[Dead by Daylight] DBD update 6.1.2 is rolling out on PS4, PC, Xbox, and PS5. According to the official DBD 6.1.2 patch notes, the latest update brings various tweaks and changes to the game. Apart from this, DBD patch 6.1.2 also includes a long list of bug fixes. Matchmaking Incentives will be re-enabled with DBD 6.2.0
Previously, a big update added 39 perk changes, progression overhaul, and more.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing various issues with the game. Today’s Dead by Daylight patch 6.1.2 will address a few of these issues.
Table of Contents
What is fixed in DBD 6.1.2 Patch Notes?
- Decreased the penalty per injured, dying, or hooked Survivor to 1%/1.5%/2% (was 4.5%/5%/5.5%)
- Added: If there are 4 injured, dying, or hooked Survivors, there is an additional 12% penalty to repair, sabotage, and Totem-cleansing speeds.
- Mettle of Man
- Reworked to use Endurance correctly
- After you earn 2 Protection Hit scoring event, the perk activates. Once activated, you gain the Endurance status effect. As long as you have Endurance, your aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are further than 12/14/16 meters from the Killer.Mettle of Man will deactivate once Endurance is lost.
- Dead Man’s Switch
- Decreased activation duration to 20/25/30 seconds (was 35/40/45 seconds)
- Pain Resonance
- Affected generators now interrupt Survivors that are repairing them (Note: This does not notify the Killer with a scream)
- Re-enabled the Clown.
- Fixed the localization of the Master Challenge “Furious Destruction” in Tome 2, Level 2.
- Replaced the Orange Glyph “Glyph Massacre” challenge for a Red Glyph “Glyph Seeker” challenge in Tome 12, Level 1
- Add-on rarity in low level bloodwebs increases as you increase your prestige level
- Fixed a small visual issue that occurs after pressing the ‘Upgrade’ button in the tally screen.
- Reduce rubber banding occurrences when interacting.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Clown to retain the Haste status from the Afterpiece Antidote.
- Fixed an issue that caused succeeding the Overcharge skill check to grant permanent generator regression when the Call of Brine perk is also equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Haste bonus granted by the Hex: No One Escapes Death perk to be greater than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Dead Hard animation to last longer than the Endurance effect it grants.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Off the Record perk to remain active when the exit gates are powered.
- Fixed an issue that caused generators regressing from the Damage Generator interaction to stop regressing upon ending Feral Frenzy with the Fuming Mixtape add-on.
- Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to not drop their item on the second Feral Frenzy hit when the Legion is equipped with the Stolen Sketchbook add-on.
- Fixed an issue that may cause killers to remain stuck in an animation loop when destroying a pallet with their power at the same time as the Dissolution perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the aura of the illusionary Doctor to briefly flicker in front of the camera.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that caused a loss of progression and cosmetics when linking to a Behaviour account.
- Fixed an issue that caused a bloodweb error when switching characters during the bloodweb level-up animation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the bloodweb level-up animation to be skipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused bloodweb errors to happen intermittently.
- Fixed an issue that caused Attack on Titan charms to appear missing until the application was rebooted.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Orange Glyph SFX to remain despite completing the requirements.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare Clock that can’t be used in the MacMillan Estate realm.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision that allows Survivors to walk along a cage in Gideon map.
- Fixed an issue that caused Killers to be slow down due to collision in the basement.
- Fixed a facial animation bug during Cenobite’s mori.
Following the Mid-Chapter Update, Thanatophobia quickly rose in popularity, and it’s easy to see why. Between the increased numbers on the perk itself and the longer baseline generator repair times, Thanatophobia now slows down generators pretty significantly. Particularly with Killers who have an easier time keeping multiple Survivors injured (e.g. Legion, Plague, etc.), this could make Thanatophobia feel a little oppressive, especially when paired with other slowdown perks.
To address this, Thanatophobia will be receiving a rework in the 6.1.2 Update:Each injured, dying, or hooked Survivor will now provide a 1/1.5/2% action speed penalty. If all four Survivors are either injured, dying, or hooked, Thanatophobia grants an additional 12% penalty to Survivors’ action speeds.
This change will make Thanatophobia nearly as potent as before if all Survivors are injured but will require more effort on the Killer’s part to get full value.
Mettle of Man
With the Endurance status effect updated, Mettle of Man continues to be an outlier. While it provides a similar effect to Endurance, the perk currently does not deactivate when performing a Conspicuous Action. This is by design, which is reflected in the perk’s description not mentioning Endurance: Since activating Mettle of Man is so difficult, it wouldn’t be fair to lose your hard-earned protection so easily. We wanted to clear up this inconsistency and give Mettle of Man a slight rework while we were at it.
Taking 2 protection hits will now activate Mettle of Man, granting the Endurance status effect. While the Endurance effect is active, your aura will be revealed to the Killer when they are further than 12/14/16m away.Like other Endurance effects, performing a Conspicuous Action will cause it to deactivate prematurely, and it will not protect you from entering the dying state if you already have Deep Wounds.
With this change, Mettle of Man will now work exactly like other Endurance perks, forcing the Survivor to make a choice between saving their Mettle of Man and working on generators. Since this will make it a little weaker, we have reduced the number of protection hits required to compensate. The aura reading effect is also active immediately rather than after you heal allowing the Killer to anticipate Mettle of Man and plan accordingly. We believe these changes will make the perk both easier to use and more interesting to play around.
Pain Resonance, Merciless Storm & Dead Man’s Switch
Pain Resonance was changed such that it no longer forces Survivors to momentarily stop repairing the generator. This effectively prevented the perk from activating Dead Man’s Switch on its own; the Killer would need to chase them off of the generator manually.
However, this change caused an unexpected combination to appear. Since this new version allowed the Survivors to continue working on the generator, Merciless Storm would continue spawning an excessive amount of skill checks (nearly 40!) after the generator regresses.
To remedy this, we are restoring Pain Resonance’s generator interruption, though the Killer will still not receive a notification. This will cause Merciless Storm to no longer combo with Pain Resonance.
That said, this would bring back the combo of Pain Resonance and Dead Man’s Switch. Therefore, we’ll be reducing the duration of Dead Man’s Switch to 20/25/30 seconds in order to make the perk combo less oppressive than it previously was.
The Clown is currently affected by a bug which allows him to retain the Haste effect from his Afterpiece Antidote permanently. To prevent this from being exploited, we’ve recently kill switched The Clown, preventing him from being played.
In 6.1.2, this issue is now resolved, and The Clown will be available to play once again.
Tome 12: Discordance includes all-new orange glyph challenges. We’ve seen some reports of motion sickness caused by the swirling VFX after interacting with these glyphs. Alongside the 6.1.2 Update, we will be temporarily swapping out these glyph challenges for a different one while we retool the visuals. If you’ve already completed this challenge, don’t worry; the challenge will remain completed! The orange glyph is expected to return with improved effects in the following update.
Matchmaking Incentives reward you with additional Bloodpoints for playing whichever role is in demand at the time. When the Mid-Chapter launched, these incentives were not working as intended, granting 100% bonus Bloodpoints to Survivors at all times, including when there were more Survivors playing than Killers. This had an adverse effect on matchmaking: While Killer queue times were fairly quick, Survivor queue times skyrocketed. The system needed to be disabled after several hours.
Fixed the following issues.
- Warrior Goddessfor Feng Min has been disabled to prevent a crash
- The Rancor perk activates when the hatch is closed regardless of how many generators were left
- The Nightmare is unable to place Dream Snares in the kitchen in Badham Preschool.
- Bloodweb cap has been increased to 2 million bloodpoint, even though the tooltip still read as 1 million.
- The matchmaking incentives text is present in Play as Killer without having the BloodPoint Bonus.
- Terror Radius feedback onSpine Chillfunctions in reverse (ie Drains as the TR gets louder, instead of filling
Note: The full changelog will be available soon.
Download free DBD patch 6.1.2 on PS4, PS5, PC and Xbox.