[Dead by Daylight] DBD update 6.1.0 will soon roll out on PS4, PC, Xbox, and PS5. According to the official DBD 6.1.0 patch notes, the latest update added 39 perk changes, progression overhaul, and more. Apart from this, DBD patch 6.1 also includes a long list of bug fixes.
Previously, a big update added a new killer(The Dredge), a new survivor(Haddie Kaur), new perks, and much more.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing various issues with the game. Today’s Dead by Daylight patch 6.1 will address a few of these issues.
DBD 6.1.0 Patch Notes – June 29, 2022
- Generators take 90 seconds for a single Survivor to repair (was 80 seconds)
- Killers kicking a generator now immediately cause a 2.5% loss of progress in addition to starting regression
- Bloodlust trigger times have been reduced to 25 seconds for Tier 2, and 35 seconds for Tier 3 (was 30 seconds and 45 seconds)
- The following Killer actions have been sped up by 10%:
- Time to kick a pallet or wall has been reduced to 2.34 seconds (was 2.6 seconds)
- Time to kick a Generator has been reduced to 1.8 seconds ( was 2 seconds)
- Successful basic attack cooldown has been reduced to 2.7 seconds (was 3 seconds)
- Duration of Survivor speed boost when hit has been reduced to 1.8 seconds (was 2 seconds)
- Survivors now have a modified version of Borrowed Time as a baseline ability, no perk required:
- Unhooked Survivors now get a 7% movement speed bonus and Endurance for 5 seconds
- The speed bonus and Endurance effect are removed if the Survivor performs a Conspicuous Action
- Includes: Repairing a Generator, healing yourself of others, cleansing or blessing a Totem, sabotaging a hook, unhooking a Survivor, and opening an exit gate.
- Added a new section and description to the Game Manual.
- New Term – Conspicuous Actions
- Endurance status effect is now cancelled by Conspicuous Actions
- Barbecue and Chilli
- Corrupt Intervention
- Added: Corrupt Intervention deactivates when any Survivor enters the dying state.
- Note: The perk still deactivates after 2 minutes if no Survivor has entered the dying state.
- Added: Healing Skill Checks move 50% faster for Survivors under the effect of this perk.
- Hex: No One Escapes Death
- Increased Generator reduction when a Survivor enters the dying state to 10% (was 6%)
- Increased duration of Incapacitated effect to 15/20/25 seconds (was 12/14/16 seconds)
- Dark Devotion
- Now triggers when the Obsession loses a health state by any means (was just basic attacks)
- Added: Once the Hex’s effect is revealed to the Survivors, its aura is shown to the Survivors at a range of 4 meters. This range increases steadily over the next 30 seconds to 24 meters.
- Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance
- Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain
- Increased Healing and Repairing speed penalty to 10/13/16% (was 7/8/9%)
- Pop Goes the Weasel
- Changed regression to be 20% of current progress (was 25% of total)
- Note: This is calculated after the new baseline 2.5% regression when kicking a generator.
Added: After Overcharge is applied to a generator, its regression speed increases from 100% of the normal regression speed to 400% over the next 30 seconds.
- Monstrous Shrine
- Reworked – This perk is now Scourge Hook: Monstrous Shrine
- Scourge Hooks grant 10/15/20% faster Entity progression if the Killer is not within 24 meters. Basement hooks count as Scourge Hooks.
- Lethal Pursuer
- Added: Any time a Survivor’s aura is shown for a period of time, its duration is increased by 2 seconds.
- Note: This new effect applies to the duration of the normal Lethal Pursuer effect, which means it effectively reveals Survivors for 9/10/11 seconds at the start of the match.
- Knock Out
- Added: Recovery speed is reduced by 25% for Survivors under the effect of this perk.
- Hex: Ruin
- Added: Once any Survivor is killed by any means, the Hex: Ruin Totem reverts to a Dull Totem.
- While a generator is not being repaired by a Survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress repair progress at 50/75/100% of the normal regression speed.
- Removed scream effect on Survivors repairing the exploding generator. Generator will spark to show regression.
- Added: This effect can only be triggered once per Generator.
- Increased individual penalties for repairing, sabotaging, and Totem cleansing to 4.5/5/5.5% (was 4/4.5/5%)
- Borrowed Time
- Reworked to account for the baseline version of the effect
- Survivors you unhook keep their Endurance status effect for an extra 6/8/10 seconds and their movement speed bonus for an extra 10 seconds.
- Botany Knowledge
- Removed Med-Kit efficiency bonus
- Increased healing speed bonus to 30/40/50% (was 11/22/33%)
- Dead Hard
- Dark Sense
Reworked – Each time a generator is completed, Dark Sense activates. While Dark Sense is active, the Killer entering a 24-meter radius around you reveals their aura for 5/7/10 seconds. Once the aura’s duration expires, Dark Sense deactivates.
- Note: The effect triggers if the Killer is already within 24 meters when the perk is activated.
- Calm Spirit
- Increased chance to avoid alerting crows to 100% (was 80/90/100%)
- Added: Allows you to open chests and cleanse/bless Totems silently, but at 40/35/30% reduced speed.
- Removed the dash / dodge element of the perk.
- Activating Dead Hard now grants the Survivor Endurance for 1 second
- An animation plays when activated, so Killers can see when the perk is used without the Survivor being hit
- Iron Will
- Reduced the grunts of pain volume reduction to 25/50/75% (was 50/75/100%)
- Added: Does not function while Exhausted. Does not inflict Exhausted.
- Reduced the starting tokens to 3 (was 4)
- Removed stipulation preventing the perk from activating when in a Killer trap
- Added: Regain a token for each 30 seconds spent inside the Killer’s Terror Radius. Distortion may not have more than 3 tokens.
- Deja Vu
- Added: Gain a 5% repair speed bonus on the generators revealed by Deja Vu
- Decisive Strike
- Added: The perk and its effects are disabled if the exit gates are powered.
The perk is now disabled when the Survivor performs a Conspicuous Action (Defined earlier in the patch notes under the Gameplay section)
- Stun duration is now 3s down from 5s
- Increased reduction of scratch mark duration to 3/4/5 seconds (was 1/2/3 seconds)
- Added: Your scratch marks are spaced inconsistently.
- We’re Gonna Live Forever:
- Reworked – When healing another Survivor in the dying state, your healing speed is increased by 100%. Additionally, performing any of the following actions activates this perk’s secondary function:
- Perform a Safe Hook Rescue
- Take a hit to protect a Survivor
- Rescue a Survivor by stunning the Killer with a pallet or flashlight
- When this perk’s secondary function is active, healing another Survivor out of the dying state grants them Endurance for 6/8/10 seconds and deactivates the secondary function.
- Added: Grunts of pain while in the dying state have their volume reduced by 75%.
- Spine Chill
Reworked – Get notified when the Killer is looking at you with a clear line of sight within a 36-meter range. Additionally, gain a 2/4/6% action speed bonus to repairing, sabotaging, healing, unhooking, cleansing, blessing, opening exit gates and unlocking while Spine Chill is active. The effects of Spine Chill linger for 0.5 seconds after the Killer looks away or is out of range.
- Sole Survivor
- Added: When you’re the last Survivor alive, gain 75% action speed when repairing generators and 50% action speed while opening an exit gate or the Hatch.
- Reduced the self heal speed to 25/30/35% (was 50%)
- Removed Med-Kit efficiency bonus
- Scourge Hooks now have a yellow aura when a Survivor is being carried.
- Now guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit in every chest (was just the first chest opened), when injured
- Increased repair speed bonus to 6/7/8% (was 4/5/6%)
- Added: This bonus is doubled if you cleanse a Hex totem.
- Off the Record
- Added: Now grants the Endurance status effect for 60/70/80 seconds.
- No One Left Behind
- Now triggers when the Exit Gates are powered (was triggered when an Exit Gate was opened)
- Added: When unhooking a Survivor, they gain a 7% movement bonus for 10 seconds.
- Lucky Break
- Added: For each 1 seconds spent healing another Survivor, increase Lucky Break’s duration by 1 second. Lucky Break’s duration cannot increase beyond its starting value.
The Progression and Prestige systems have been reworked.
IMPORTANT: No existing perks, items, or cosmetics will be lost if they are already unlocked on a character, even if having them would contradict the rules of the new system.
- Prestiging no longer removes any items, add-ons, offerings, perks, or perk slots
- Teachable Perks have been removed from the Bloodweb
- Level 51 in the Bloodweb requires the character to Prestige, costing 50,000 Bloodpoints
- Characters can now each be prestiged up to 100 times
- Prestiging a character has the following rewards:
- Prestige 1: The character’s perks are immediately unlocked for use on all other Killers / Survivors at Tier 1
- Prestige 2: The character’s perks are immediately unlocked for use on all other Killers / Survivors at Tier 2
- Prestige 3: The character’s perks are immediately unlocked for use on all other Killers / Survivors at Tier 3
- Prestige 4-6: Bloodied cosmetic items (when available for the specific character)
- Prestige 7-9: Perk Charms for the character’s unique perks
- Existing players will have their characters granted prestige levels in the new system based on the following:
- 1 level per existing Prestige level (maximum of 3)
- If the character has 70 or more Perks unlocked (Counting each tier of a perk separately):
- 1 level for 70-119 Perks
- 2 levels for 120-169 Perks
- 3 levels for 170-219 Perks
- 4 levels for 220-269 Perks
- 5 levels for 270-319 Perks
- 6 levels for 320+ Perks
- Added a Prestige legacy effect to the character portraits that can be toggled in the Settings menu
- Added a unique Prestige Crest artwork for each prestige level
Existing unlocked Teachable Perks will immediately grant access to Tier 1 of that Perk on all characters, even if no other mechanic has already granted access to the Perk
Shrine of Secrets
- Teachable Perks have been removed from the Shrine of Secrets
- Purchasing a Perk on the Shrine of Secrets now immediately unlocks that Perk on all Killers / Survivors at the displayed Tier level
- Tier 1 – 2,000 Iridescent Shards
- Tier 2 – 4,000 Iridescent Shards
- Tier 3 – 6,000 Iridescent Shards
- You must purchase Tier 1 before you can purchase Tier 2, and Tier 2 before Tier 3, unless you have already unlocked the Perk via the Prestige System
- Having the perk already available via the Prestige System discounts the price:
- Tier 1 via Prestige – 2,000 Iridescent Shards for Tier 2, 4,000 Iridescent Shards for Tier 3
- Tier 2 via Prestige – 2,000 Iridescent Shards for Tier 3
- The same Perk may be purchased multiple times on a single rotation of the Shrine of Secrets
- Purchasing a Perk that you already have at Tier 3 will convert the Iridescent Shards to 100,000 Bloodpoints
- This can only be done once per perk per Shrine of Secrets rotation (maximum of 4 times on a single rotation, assuming you have all 4 Perks already at Tier 3)
- Matchmaking Incentives have been added to the game
- Not available to players who have Cross-Play disabled
- When the Survivor:Killer ratio in the active Matchmaking queue drifts too far from the optimal (4:1) ratio, players will receive Bloodpoint bonuses to enter the queue as the needed role
- Note: Players can also expect queues with a large incentive to have faster queue times!
- Matchmaking incentives will appear on the main menu and in the lobby next to the ready butto
- Made UI layout changes to accommodate the new Prestige Crest on multiple screens.
- Character Info button has been moved to the side tabs in the Lobby UI.
- Replaced Character Swap buttons/prompts with a Previous/Next button in the Lobby UI footer.
- Optimized The Doctor’s performance.
Dev Note: The Doctor currently has one of the largest impacts on performance for Killers. These performance optimizations should help improve that on all platforms.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Dredge’s head to clip through the camera when teleporting to a locker.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Hillbilly to be able to use his momentum to reach inaccessible areas.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Artist’s Scanning Crows not to reveal Killer Instinct on Survivors in the dying state.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Lucky Break perk to activate during the camera pan at the start of the match when having the No Mither perk equipped.
- Addressed a bug that caused the extra fatigue duration from chain blinks to be unaffected by the Nurse’s Catatonic Boy’s Treasure add-on.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Built to Last perk to continue recharging the item when interrupted going into a locker.
- Addressed a bug that caused the aura reading effect from the Knock Out perk to apply to Survivors that are downed by other means than the Killer’s basic attack.
- Addressed a bug that caused the skill check wiggle UI to briefly appear after succeeding a Decisive Strike skill check.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Decisive Strike perk to remain active indefinitely if the Killer is stunned when the skill check needle is in the success zone.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Invigorated status effect from The Clown’s Afterpiece Antidote to last longer when exiting a gas cloud as it activates.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Legion’s Feral Frenzy combo not to reset when blinding them mid-lunge attack.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Wraith’s “Shadow Dance” – White add-on to increase the locker opening speed while cloaked.
Fixed an issue that could cause the healing progress bar to remain on screen after the healing action is completed when affected by the Hemorrhage status effect.
- Addressed a bug that caused only one Survivor to grunt when one or more Survivors stopped the healing action while affected by the Hemorrhage status effect when close to each other.
- Addressed a bug that caused cleasning a totem while under the Broken status effect to still activate the Inner Healing perk when the Broken status effect ends.
- Addressed a bug that caused the “Brand New Part” add-on to bypass the Survivors screaming when the Eruption and Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance perks are triggered.
- Addressed a bug that caused Survivors to recover indefinitely with Soul Guard once affected by the Hex: Plaything or Hex: Pentimento perks.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Haste status effect icon to be missing when affected by Hex: Devour Hope.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Hex: Undying perk to reveal Survivor auras when they are near a Boon Totem.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Deathbound perk to not give progress to the Punch Drunk achievement (trophy for Sony platforms).
- Addressed a bug that caused The Pig’s Ambush Dash animation to freeze when hitting an asset.
- Fixed an issue that a missing animation when vaccinating another Survivor.
- Addressed a bug that caused a missing animation when Survivors open an exit gate while injured and contaminated by The Nemesis’ T-Virus.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Nightmare’s Dream Pallet placing animation to be missing.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Hag’s trigger range add-ons (Bog Water, Bloodied Water, Bloodied Mud) to have no functionality.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Cannibal’s Shop Lubricant add-on to hide the auras of downed Survivors when using the chainsaw.
Addressed a bug that caused The Nightmare’s Pill Bottle add-on to not make him invisible to awake Survivors after dropping and picking up a Survivor.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Madness Tier II effect of the Doctor’s “Calm” add-ons not to match the description.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Flashbang and Firecracker items to be unusable when running down stairs.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Streetwise perk to remain active in the area when the Survivor with it was Sacrificed, Killed or disconnected.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Adrenaline perk to give progress to the Generosity challenges.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Heroic Virtue challenge to gain progress when the Killer disconnects.
- Addressed a bug that caused the Kinship perk to not give clear feedback when the perk is activated.
- Addressed a bug that caused The Nemesis’ Prestige outfit to have a hole in the hand.
- Addressed a bug that caused some audio in the Menus to be played twice.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Killer to not be able to pick up a Survivor who’s downed in the basement stairs after using “Dead Hard”.
Related, DBD servers are down. Check DBD server status here.
- Addressed a bug that caused equipped charms to not appear for other Survivors in a Survivor lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the Hillbilly’s chainsaw revving sound effect does not continue for the entire duration of the charge animation.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong audio cue would be called when selecting a Survivor from the Role Selection menu.
- Fixed an issue where the female Survivor voice over would not follow the character’s mouth movement when being hooked.
- Fixed an issue where, in some rare instances, some Killer’s Bloodweb generation sounds would be stuck in an infinite loop.
- Fixed an issue where the Tenacity perk would only reduce grunts of pain after Survivors would move from their initial falling point.
- Fixed an issue where when a Killer would hit a wooden table, the incorrect surface sound would be played.
- Fixed an issue where the small pole Generators would fail to throw confetti and would not play the correct SFX once completed in specific maps.
- Fixed an issue where when changing from the Play As Killer menu to the Store, the Killer’s sound effects would be missing.
- Audio optimization pass on Midwich Elementary School map to prevent audio cuts.
Related: Dead by Daylight update 6.10 release date.
Download free DBD patch 6.1 on PS4, PS5, PC and Xbox.