Dead by Daylight update 5.5.0 is now available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official DBD update 5.5.0 patch notes, the latest update added various quality of life changes, gameplay adjustments, and more. Apart from this, Dead by Daylight patch 5.5.0 also includes various stability fixes.
Previously, a big update was released which added a new Killer (The Artist), a new survivor ( Jonah Vasquez), and more.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing various issues with the game. Today’s Dead by Daylight patch 5.5.0 will address a few of these issues. Read more details below.
What is new in DBD 5.5 patch notes?
We noticed that the default rating was placing first-time players against some fairly experienced opponents. So, to remedy this, we lowered the default rating for new players so they would be more likely to play amongst each other. We’re regularly making changes like this behind the scenes to find the best balance of fast queues and quality matches.
If someone leaves a lobby, the matchmaker needs to find a replacement (a.k.a. backfill). Right now, it heavily favours a quick replacement over a quality one. This can lead to some matches where one (or more) players are outside of their normal skill range.
Currently, the SBMM system doesn’t handle disconnects as well as it could. We’re looking to make adjustments to handle them better and make sure disconnects are treated fairly when altering someone’s rating.
When someone takes an extended break from the game, their rating does not change. This isn’t ideal since you’re bound to be a little rusty after not playing for a while, and returning to difficult matches is a recipe for a frustrating night. We’re introducing a mechanic that adjusts your rating(s) when you’ve been gone for a while to ease you back in when you return.
The game will detect which server you have the best connection to and match you with other players who are close to that server. This works well enough, but if you’re right between two servers, you’ll only be matched with one set of players. For players who have good connections to more than one server, we’d like to open up matchmaking and allow them to find matches with either set of players. This can help balance out queue times at off-peak hours and even improve the quality of the matches made.
Instead of mashing buttons, you’ll see a skill check while being carried- only this one has two zones and doesn’t go away when you hit it. Instead, hitting the skill check successfully will cause it to switch directions and gradually fill your wiggle meter. Keep hitting those skill checks to keep wiggling!
This interaction keeps wiggling interactive while requiring far fewer inputs and is much easier on your joysticks, making it more accessible to players with repetitive strain injuries. Additionally, each side of the skill check can optionally be bound to a different button to further increase the gap between repeated button presses.
On the topic of accessibility, another feature that will be debuting with this update is a toggle mode for interactions. This new option, which can be enabled in the Settings, makes holding a button for long periods of time a thing of the past. Simply press the button to start the interaction and press it again to stop it.
To go with it, you’ll also find a new option to cancel interactions by sprinting. Enabling this will automatically cancel actions and cause you to start running whenever you sprint.
The Cannibal can unlock the faces of the four original Survivors by sacrificing them 25 times. We are removing The Cannibal’s unlockable faces in Mid-Chapter.
Anyone who has ever played The Cannibal by the release of the Mid-Chapter update will be awarded 6,000 Iridescent Shards to compensate for their removal.
In our last Mid-Chapter, we made some tweaks to a bunch of different add-ons. We were thrilled to see such a positive reaction, so we’ve decided to make it a tradition. We hope to make add-on tweaks like these a more regular part of our updates in the future.
Please keep in mind that just because you don’t see a particular add-on on the list below doesn’t mean it’s not on our radar. We’ll rapid fire through the add-ons we’ll be adjusting this time:
- Adrenaline Vial: Reduced the rush turn rate penalty to 55%
- Carburetor Tuning Guide: Reduced movement speed penalty to 2% (was 4%)
- Depth Gauge Rake: Reduced movement speed penalty to 2% (was 4%)
- Iridescent Flesh: Lowered the maximum tantrum duration to 5 seconds (was 8)
- Long Guide Bar: Increased time before tantrum by 2 seconds (was 1)
- Solvent Jug: Increased duration of Invigoration by 2 seconds (was 1)
- Robin Feather: Decreases cooldown by 40% (was 30%)
- Flask of Bleach: Increases Hindered effect by 4% (was 5%)
- Redhead’s Pinkie Finger: Reduces bottle count by 2
- Amanda’s Letter: Reduces available RBTs by 2 (was 3)
- Last Will: Increases time to charge Ambush attacks by 33% (was 66%)
- Iridescent Pendant: Increased Exposed duration to 45 seconds (was 30)
- Baby Teeth: Increased Blindness duration to 30 seconds (was 15)
- Madeleine’s Scarf: Increases Victor’s movement speed by 0.3m/s (was 0.4m/s)
- Toy Sword: Decreases Pounce charge time by 0.2 seconds (was 0.25)
- Stale Biscuit: Decreases Pounce cooldown by 0.4 seconds (was 0.5)
- Iridescent Umbrella Badge: Increased duration of Exposed effect to 60 seconds (was 30)
- Shattered S.T.A.R.S Badge: Increases zombie movement speed by 150% for 60 seconds (was 100% for 60 seconds)
- Marvin’s Blood: Increases mutation rate by 25% (was 33%)
- Mikhail’s Eye: Increases zombie movement speed by 35% (was 50%)
- Wooden Fox: Increased Undetectable duration to 30 seconds (was 15)
- Iridescent Family Crest: Increased range to 24m (was 12m)
The effects of wiggling have been increase to 50/75/100%, and the aura blocking range for nearby hooks has been increased to a nice round 16m. Additionally, Boil Over now has a new effect: If the Killer drops from a height while carrying you, you’ll instantly get a 25% wiggle progress bonus.
With all the things that can read your auras these days, those tokens can disappear sooner than you’d like. So we’re upping the number of tokens that you start with to 4.
Remember Me can have a lot of potential, but the basic attack condition could make it an unpopular choice on some Killers. So it’s gone: Remember Me will now get a token whenever the Obsession loses a health state.
On that note, it seems only fitting to revisit Wake Up. We’ve increased the gate opening speed bonus to 15/20/25%. This should make the perk more impactful when it comes into play and offer some counterplay in the event that Remember Me catches on.
Simply put, the conditions for Gearhead are too strict for the payoff, so we’re giving it a small rework. Any time a Survivor loses a health state, Gearhead activates. The next time a Survivor hits a great skill check while repairing, their aura will be revealed for 6/8/10 seconds. Gearhead then deactivates. These changes will make the perk more appealing on Killers that rely more heavily on special attacks and make it activate far more often while also providing more detailed information.
This one released with pretty safe values so it wouldn’t get out of hand, but we’re now comfortable with reducing the activation conditions. Power Struggle will now activate once 25/20/15% wiggle progress has been reached. This should make it a little easier to pull off with some planning.
Another small tweak: The aura reading duration has been increased to 6/8/10 seconds.
Coup de Grace
This one’s a bit of a rollercoaster: It was originally toned down because it was too strong, but then that made it a little too weak. We’re bumping the lunge increase up to 70/75/80% (also shortening the gap between different tiers of the perk, woo!)
Furtive Chase has found its way into some niche builds and can be a lot of fun to experiment with. However, losing all your tokens when the Obsession is killed leaves you without a perk for the rest of the match. So, we’re getting rid of the restriction: You’ll no longer lose your tokens if the Obsession dies.
Dead Man’s Switch
The Obsession condition of this perk makes it very inconsistent to use, and also severely limits the number of times it can activate in a match. So it’s gone! Now, Dead Man’s Switch will activate whenever any Survivor is hooked.
Full Patch Notes
- Fixed some specific vulnerabilities that could be abused by cheaters
- Hit feedback has been adjusted to reduce the frequency of visual feedback in the case of a rejected hit (especially for instances of Dead Hard)
Dev Note: This won’t eliminate all instances of VFX / SFX feedback when landing a rejected hit, but it should reduce it for most cases where the players have a decent connection to the server.
- New Feature: Interaction Behavior – Hold / Toggle
- When set to Toggle, you no longer need to hold the interaction button for interaction (Fixing generators, healing, kicking generators, etc.)
- To end the interaction, you will need to press the interaction button a second time (or use the “Run to Cancel” option detailed below!)
- Located in the Options menu under “Controls”
- Available for both Survivor and Killer as separate settings
- New Feature: Run to Cancel – On / Off
- When enabled, survivor players can cancel an interaction by giving a run input (i.e. the run modifier and a direction to move)
- Located in the Options menu under “Controls”
- Only available for Survivors
Dev Note: Holding buttons for extended interactions isn’t always the most comfortable, so this feature aims to address that. When combined with the Run to Cancel, you can quickly disengage from fixing a generator once you spot The Shape stalking you.
- A new tab is available in the Options menu: Beta!
- New features will appear here so that we can gain feedback from all players on all platforms
- Turning a feature ON will grant a Bloodpoint bonus for the first 10 matches that you play with it
- First Beta Feature: New Wiggle Interaction
- Survivor only
- Replaces the wiggle interaction with a new dual skill check style input
- Default binding for Keyboard: Space
- Default binding for Controller: LB/RB or L1/R1
- When playing on a controller, either button will work for either side of the skill check
- Secondary input can be rebound in the Key Bindings menu
- Bloodpoint Bonus for first 10 matches: 20,000
Dev Note: We’re excited to gather your feedback on the new Wiggle system, and we’ve put it in a Beta tab to allow console players to participate in the fun!
- Add-on – Adrenaline Vial
- Decreased the Rush Turn rate penalty to -0.5 degrees per second (was -0.8 degrees per second)
- Add-on – Carburetor Tuning Guide
- Decreased the Chainsaw Sweep movement speed penalty to 2% (was 4%)
- Add-on – Depth Gauge Rake
- Decreased the Chainsaw Sweep movement speed penalty to 2% (was 4%)
- Add-on – Iridescent Flesh
- Decreased the maximum tantrum duration to 5 seconds (was 8 seconds)
- Add-on – Long Guide Bar
- Increased the chainsaw revving threshold to +2 seconds (was +1 second)
- Survivor masks have been removed from the game. Please refer to the developer update on our forums for more information.
- Add-on – Solvent Jug
- Increased duration of Invigoration to +2 seconds (was +1 second)
- Add-on – Robin Feather
- Increased bottle throw cooldown to 40% (was 30%)
- Add-on – Flask of Bleach
- Decreased Hindered penalty from Intoxication to 4% (was 5%)
- Add-on – Redhead’s Pinky Finger
- Now reduces bottle count by 2
- Add-on – Amanda’s Letter
- Decreased available Bear Traps to 2 (was 3)
- Last Will
- Decreased time to charge Ambush Attack to +33% (was +66%)
- Add-on – Iridescent Pendant
- Increased Exposed duration when crushing Victor to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Baby Teeth
- Increased Blindness duration when crushing attached Victor to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds)
- Add-on – Madelein’s Scarf
- Reduced Victor movement speed buff to 0.3m/s (was 0.4m/s)
- Add-on – Toy Sword
- Decreased Pounce charge time modifier to 0.2 seconds (was 0.25 seconds)
- Add-on – Stale Biscuit
- Decreased pounce cooldown modifier to 0.4 seconds (was 0.5 seconds)
- Add-on – Iridescent Umbrella Badge
- Increased Exposed duration when using a vaccine to 60 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge
- Increased zombie movement speed bonus when a generator is repaired to 150% (was 100%)
- Text now lists the correct duration of 60 seconds (description text said 30 seconds, but the effect already lasted for 60 seconds)
- Add-on – Marvin’s Blood
- Decreased the mutation rate modifier on Tentacle Strike to 25% (was 33%)
- Add-on – Mikhail’s Eye
- Decreased the Zombie movement speed bonus to 35% (was 50%)
- Add-on – Wooden Fox
- Increased Undetectable duration after reloading to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds)
- Add-on – Iridescent Family Crest
- Increased scream radius on missed attacks to 24 meters (was 12 meters)
- New Cenobite’s VO lines have been added.
- Boil Over
- Increased wiggle strafe intensity to 50/75/100% (was 25/50/75%)
- Increased hook obscure radius to 16 meters (was 10/12/14 meters)
- New effect: You gain 25% wiggling progress when the killer drops from great heights.
- Increased the token count to 4 (was 3)
- Power Struggle
- Buckle Up
- Increased aura reveal duration to 6/8/10 seconds (was 4/5/6 seconds)
- Wake Up
- Increased Exit Gate speed boost to 15/20/25% (was 5/10/15%)
- Decreased the activation threshold to 25/20/15% wiggle progress (was 35/30/25%)
- Gearhead – Reworked
- New Description: After a Survivor loses a health state, Gearhead activates. While Gearhead is active, the next time a Survivor completes a Great Skill Check while repairing, their Aura is revealed to you for 6/8/10 seconds. Gearhead then deactivates.
- Remember Me
- Trigger condition changed to the Obsession losing a health state (was triggered on basic attack only)
- Coup de Grace
- Increased lunge distance modifier to 70/75/80% (was 40/50/60%)
- Furtive Chase
- Effect Removed: “You lose all your tokens if the Obsession is sacrificed or killed.”
- Dead Man’s Switch
- Removed the Obsession mechanic, the perk now triggers when hooking any survivor.
Several issues affected the Nurse’s power that required a large part of the code supporting her, especially the networking, to be re-done, which is what we did in this release. This allowed us to fix the following issues.
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused the Nurse not to be able to trigger a blink.
- Fixed an issue that may cause a blink started right when the charge is ready or when fatigue starts to be cancelled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse’s vault to be slower than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to go into fatigue after the stun when stunned during a chain blink. Now she will only go through the stun.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nurse to get stuck when blinking into a pallet dropped during the blink.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nurse’s animations to briefly be static after interrupting a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to be unable to blink through some hills.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nurse to sometimes fall out of world after blinking.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nurse to become stuck when a Survivor disconnects while being interrupted.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for the Nurse to use the Return Blink ability during fatigue when equipped wit the Jenner’s Last Breath add-on.
- Fixed an issue that caused the blink charge sound to be heard even if no charge is added after hitting a Survivor after a blink when using the Spasmodic Breath add-on.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nurse to be able to do a slash attack while charging a chain blink.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to be able to climb on chests and small assets after blinking.
- Fixed an issue that caused an overlapping between the winding SFX and the Fatigue State SFX when the Nurse is Stunned by a Pallet after a Blink.
- Fixed an issue that may cause the Nurse’s hand not to appear for spectators cycling through spectated players during a blink.
- Fixed an issue that caused a stutter during the Nurse’s post blink animation when turning the camera.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that caused the wrong surface SFX to be played.
- Fixed an issue than caused the Trickster’s VO lines to be missing when closing the hatch.
- Fixed an issue that caused the end of the Nemesis tentacle cooldown audio to play on Survivor side.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ghost Face to be able to lean when standing behind low cover objects.
- Fixed an issue that caused the protection hit to be missing when a survivor is lacerated by the Trickster’s knives next to an injured Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cannibal not to lose his tokens when hitting an obstruction during Chainsaw Dash.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Killers to be able to prevent unhooking by standing close to a hooked Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused the cooldown of the Diversion perk to affect all Survivors equipped with the perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Dead Hardy challenge not to gain progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Deathbound perk to trigger when a Survivor is 8m away from the Killer rather than from the player being healed.
- Fixed an issue that caused a Survivor that disconnects during a Memento Mori to disappear before the animation has ended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the outline of the Trapper’s trap to be visible during an attack.
- Fixed an issue that caused some player Cloud IDs to be displayed in the friend list menu.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to switch roles while loading into a custom game match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare’s Dream World to be too dark in RPD map.
- Fixed an issue that caused projectiles to pass through the Thompson’s House window.
- Fixed audio events when navigating Settings and Key Binding menus
- Fixed an issue in Custom Game where some loadout items disabled by the Match Leader were still selectable by other players
- Fixed an issue with input text fields in Redeem Code and Search Friends popups to focus them by default
- Fixed an issue in the Onboarding menu where it was not possible to receive invite notifications
- Fixed a navigation issue in the Store where the player could be automatically redirected to the Featured page after the Shop data is loaded
- Fixed an issue in the Onboarding menu where the Charm’s tooltip size was not affected by the UI scale setting
- Fixed an issue to remove David King from part of the “A Lullaby for the Dark” DLC description if the user would like to buy this content
- Fixed an issue in the Loadout Menu where we could have an inconstancy between the Perk selected and the Inventory page displayed
- Fixed an issue in the Customization Menu where an equipped Charm will appear as not equipped after closing and re-opening the menu
- Fixed an issue that caused the Overcome perk to incorrectly activate when hit by the Nemesis tentacle or zombie
Download free Dead by Daylight update 5.5.0 on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One.