Dead by Daylight update 5.4.0 is now available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official DBD update 5.4.0 patch notes, the latest update added a new Killer (The Artist), a new survivor ( Jonah Vasquez), and more. Apart from this, Dead by Daylight patch 5.4.0 also includes various bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Previously, a big update was released with various tweaks and fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing various issues with the game.
Today’s Dead by Daylight patch 5.4.0 will address a few of these issues. Read more details below.
What is new in DBD 5.4.0 patch notes?
- Added a new Killer – The Artist
- Perks – Grim Embrace, Scourge Hook: Pain, and Hex: Pentimento
- Added a new Survivor – Jonah Vasquez
- Perks – Overcome, Corrective Action, and Boon: Exponential
- Added a new map – Eyrie of Crows
- Loadout and Customization menus now have Page Markers
- Markers include the number of the page
- Markers can be directly selected to jump to the desired page
- Added a New/Sale badge to the Store
- Added Subtitles to the HUD
- Can be toggled in the options
- Only applies to in-game speech (just The Trickster at this time)
- Re-enabled location restriction when snuffing Boon totems
- Updated the character portraits for Meg, Dwight, Adam, and Laurie.
- Updated the character background images in the Character Info and Store menus for Quentin, Feng, Kate, David, Jake, Nea, Adam, Meg, and Dwight.
- Added input prompts for the Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe, Styptic Agents, and Glass Beads add-ons
- The Store DLC Purchase Popup now specifies the character associated with exclusive items
Cenobite Addon Update
- Liquified Gore: Solving time increased by 1 second (was 2 seconds)
- Torture Pillar: Chain Hunt activation time reduced by 5 seconds (was 10 seconds)
- Larry’s Remains: Solving time increased by 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
- Chatterer’s Tooth: Undetectable status now lasts 25 seconds (was 12 seconds)
- Engineer’s Fang: When hitting an injured Survivor with a possessed chain, only 1 additional chain will spawn
- Iridescent Lament Configuration: Range is now 24 meters (was 16 meters)
- Optimized The Spirit’s performance
Dev Note: The Spirit has the largest impact on performance of any Killer, technically speaking. These performance optimizations should help alleviate that on all platforms.
- Fixed the broken Game Manual tab on the Tutorial screen.
- Addressed a bug that allowed survivors to consume other survivor’s Clairvoyance perk.
- Fixed in issue that caused Boon Totem vignettes to disappear when moving between overlapping Boon ranges.
- Addressed a bug that may cause the Boon Totem vignette to linger when the survivor who applied a Boon leaves the match.
- Addressed a bug that caused a hitch to occur at the end of vaults with the Legion.
- Addressed a bug that caused Hag traps set in the Asylum’s entrance not to get triggered.
- Addressed a bug that let The Nightmare place Dream Snares which would not be seen from below on top of stairs.
- Addressed a bug that may cause the sound notification for the 4th generator completed not to trigger.
- Addressed a bug that may cause the Afterpiece Tonic gas not to match the affected area when the bottle explodes high above ground level.
- Addressed a bug that may cause survivors to attacked by the Chain Hunt while they are solving the lament configuration.
- Addressed a bug that caused a placeholder icon to be seen when affected by another player’s Leader perk.
- Addressed a bug that caused a gun SFX to be heard when entering into the tally screen as The Deathslinger.
- Fixed in issue that caused non-lethal interruptions not to grant progress towards the Quick Draw achievement.
- Addressed a bug where players could unlock achievements when playing on the PTB environment.
- Addressed a bug where sometimes the camera in the Killer lobby would be off center.
Known Issues in DBD Patch 5.4.0
- Some subtitles for The Trickster have not been fully translated into all languages.
- Doors powered by generators appear closed for the player(s) who did not complete the generator. (Visual only bug)
- Players are able to land on top of a generator inside the tower in the Eyrie of Crows map.
- Some facial animation issues for some Survivors when chained by the Cenobite.
- The auras of the Artist’s crow flock is missing when the Artist is very close to the affected Survivor.
- Recovery speed stacks when between 2 Boon Totems affected by perk Boon: Exponential.
Download free Dead by Daylight update 5.4.0 on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One.