Dead by Daylight (DBD) update 2.40 (5.005.000) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official DBD 2.40 patch notes, the latest update added a new event to the game. Apart from this, DBD patch 2.40 (5.005) also includes performance and stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added a new Killer (The Artist), a new survivor ( Jonah Vasquez), and more. Unfortunately, players are facing various issues with the game.
Today’s DBD version 2.40 will address a few of these issues. Read more details below.
What is new in DBD patch notes? – January 25, 2022
LURKING STRIPES EVENT
- Fixed some specific vulnerabilities that could be abused by cheaters
- Hit feedback has been adjusted to reduce the frequency of visual feedback in the case of a rejected hit (especially for instances of Dead Hard)
Dev Note: This won’t eliminate all instances of VFX / SFX feedback when landing a rejected hit, but it should reduce it for most cases where the players have a decent connection to the server.
- New Feature: Interaction Behavior – Hold / Toggle
- When set to Toggle, you no longer need to hold the interaction button for interaction (Fixing generators, healing, kicking generators, etc.)
- To end the interaction, you will need to press the interaction button a second time (or use the “Run to Cancel” option detailed below!)
- Located in the Options menu under “Controls”
- Available for both Survivor and Killer as separate settings
- New Feature: Run to Cancel – On / Off
- When enabled, survivor players can cancel an interaction by giving a run input (ie the run modifier and a direction to move)
- Located in the Options menu under “Controls”
- Only available for Survivors
Dev Note: Holding buttons for extended interactions isn’t always the most comfortable, so this feature aims to address that. When combined with the Run to Cancel, you can quickly disengage from fixing a generator once you spot Myers stalking you.
A new tab is available in the Options menu: Beta!
- New features will appear here so that we can gain feedback from all players on all platforms
- Turning a feature ON will grant a Bloodpoint bonus for the first 10 matches that you play with it
First Beta Feature: New Wiggle Interaction
- NOTE: THIS BETA FEATURE WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME
- Survivor only
- Replaces the wiggle interaction with a new dual skill check style input
- Default binding for Keyboard: Space
- Default binding for Controller: LB/RB or L1/R1
- When playing on a controller, either button will work for either side of the skill check
- Secondary input can be rebound in the Key Bindings menu
- Bloodpoint Bonus for first 10 matches: 20,000
Dev Note: We’re excited to gather your feedback on the new Wiggle system, and we’ve put it in a Beta tab to allow console players to participate in the fun!
- “Lurking Stripes” Lunar New Year limited-time event (starts Jan 25th 2PM ET)
- “Tome X: SAW” of The Archives (starts Jan 26th 11AM ET)
- New voice for Lisa Garland legendary cosmetic
- New voice for Cybil Bennett legendary cosmetic
- New Cenobite VO lines have been added.
- Add-on – Adrenaline Vial
- Decreased the Rush Turn rate penalty to -0.5 degrees per second (was -0.8 degrees per second)
- Add-on – Carburetor Tuning Guide
- Decreased the Chainsaw Sweep movement speed penalty to 2% (was 4%)
- Add-on – Depth Gauge Rake
- Decreased the Chainsaw Sweep movement speed penalty to 2% (was 4%)
- Add-on – Iridescent Flesh
- Decreased the maximum tantrum duration to 5 seconds (was 8 seconds)
- Add-on – Long Guide Bar
- Increased the chainsaw revving threshold to +2 seconds (was +1 second)
- Add-on – Robin Feather
- Increased bottle throw cooldown to 40% (was 30%)
- Add-on – Flask of Bleach
- Decreased Hindered penalty from Intoxication to 4% (was 5%)
- Add-on – Redhead’s Pinky Finger
- Now reduces bottle count by 2
- Add-on – Amanda’s Letter
- Decreases available Bear Traps to 2 (was 1)
- Last Will
- Decreased time to charge Ambush Attack to +33% (was +66%)
- Add-on – Iridescent Pendant
- Increased Exposed duration when crushing Victor to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Baby Teeth
- Increased Blindness duration when crushing attached Victor to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds)
- Add-on – Madeleine’s Scarf
- Reduced Victor movement speed buff to 0.3m/s (was 0.4m/s)
- Add-on – Toy Sword
- Decreased Pounce charge time modifier to 0.2 seconds (was 0.25 seconds)
- Add-on – Stale Biscuit
- Decreased pounce cooldown modifier to 0.4 seconds (was 0.5 seconds)
- Add-on – Iridescent Umbrella Badge
- Increased Exposed duration when using a vaccine to 60 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Add-on – Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge
- Increased zombie movement speed bonus when a generator is repaired to 150% (was 100%)
- Text now lists the correct duration of 60 seconds (description text said 30 seconds, but the effect already lasted for 60 seconds)
- Add-on – Marvin’s Blood
- Decreased the mutation rate modifier on Tentacle Strike to 25% (was 33%)
- Add-on – Mikhail’s Eye
- Decreased the Zombie movement speed bonus to 35% (was 50%)
- Add-on – Wooden Fox
- Increased Undetectable duration after reloading to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds)
- Add-on – Iridescent Family Crest
- Increased scream radius on missed attacks to 24 meters (was 12 meters)
Dev Notes: Almost all of these add-on changes are “numbers only” tweaks, where we’ve adjusted numerical values and nothing else. The nerfed add-ons were all over-performing and influencing kill rates vs. their baseline kill rates more than we’d like, so they’ve been adjusted downwards slightly. Likewise, the buffed add-ons were all under-performing, so we hope to make them more appealing with larger effects.
- Boil Over
- Increased wiggle strafe intensity to 50/75/100% (was 25/50/75%)
- Increased hook obscure radius to 16 meters (was 10/12/14 meters)
- New effect: You gain 25% wiggling progress when the killer drops from great heights.
- Increased the token count to 4 (was 3)
- Buckle Up
- Increased aura reveal duration to 6/8/10 seconds (was 4/5/6 seconds)
- Wake Up
- Increased Exit Gate speed boost to 15/20/25% (was 5/10/15%)
- Power Struggle
- Decreased the activation threshold to 25/20/15% wiggle progress (was 35/30/25%)
- Circle of Healing
- Decreased healing speed bonus to 65/70/75% (was 90/95/100%)
Dev Notes: We will continue to monitor the performance of Circle of Healing, and may adjust it again in the near future.
- Gearhead – Reworked
- New Description: After a Survivor loses a health state, Gearhead activates. While Gearhead is active, the next time a Survivor completes a Great Skill Check while repairing, their Aura is revealed to you for 6/8/10 seconds. Gearhead then deactivates.
- Remember Me
- Trigger condition changed to the Obsession losing a health state (was triggered on basic attack only)
- Coup de Grace
- Increased lunge distance modifier to 70/75/80% (was 40/50/60%)
- Furtive Chase
- Effect Removed: “You lose all your tokens if the Obsession is sacrificed or killed.”
- Dead Man’s Switch
- Removed the Obsession mechanic, the perk now triggers when hooking any survivor.
Dev Notes: Gearhead was seeing very little use and was a bit too complicated to trigger reliably. The rework aims to make it simpler and more appealing in a wider variety of situations.
What is fixed in Dead by Daylight 2.40 patch notes?
- Addressed a bug where a missing sfx for the Nemesis’s Zombie and Survivors when a Zombie hit a survivor.
- Addressed a bug where the Trickster’s voice line to be missing when closing the hatch.
- Addressed a bug where some generators sfx to be muffled when repaired by Survivors in the Midwich Elementary School map.
- Addressed a bug where a loud noise SFX to be played when survivors disturb crows beyond the range of the Spies From The Shadows perk, when this perk is used by the Killer.
- Addressed a bug where Xbox controller prompts to be displayed when using a DualShock controller (Steam only).
- Fixed an issue that allowed the “Out isn’t an option” archives challenge to be completed by disconnecting from a trial.
- Fixed a rare issue that could sometimes make it impossible to spend bloodpoints in the bloodweb.
- Addressed a bug where the back button in the killer lobby to be disabled upon matchmaking failure.
- Addressed a bug where first match bonus player XP to be granted after every match.
- Fixed a global issue that caused The Nurse not being able to blink past multiple locations.
- Addressed a bug where the Survivor to be able to climb on top of a rock using a sand mound in The Eyrie of crows map.
- Addressed a bug where the Killer to be able to completely block a hook in The Eyrie of crows map.
- Addressed a bug where the players to get stuck when interacting with a totem at the top of the Coldwind Farm hills.
- Addressed a bug where a generator in Eyrie of crows to not be able to be repaired from one side.
- Addressed a bug where The Nightmare’s Dream World appearing too dark in Raccoon City map.
- Addressed a bug where one hook in front of the Rancid Abattoir can’t be sabotaged.
- Addressed a bug where the Ormond Map being darker.
- Addressed a bug where the Spirit’s hair to disappear before the rest of her body when she phase in and out.
- Fixed an issue that caused breakable wall’s debris to float when getting destroyed by Nemesis in Eerie of crows.
- DBD patch 2.40 addressed a bug where a desync for the Trapper when dropping a survivor while stepping into a bear trap.
- Addressed a bug where the Grim Embrace perk not to block already blocked generators even if the block duration would be longer.
- Addressed a bug where the blessing sound to continue playing after a survivor is interrupted while blessing a totem.
- DBD version 2.40 addressed a bug where the dissolving SFX of Victor when dying or being crushed to sound muffled.
- Addressed a bug where the countdown for the Built to Last perk to deactivate when a different survivor exits a locker.
- Addressed a bug where the Premonition perk not to activate when looking in the direction of the killer.
- Addressed a bug where the Hex: Blood Favor perk to activate when a survivor is sacrificed or killed.
- Addressed a bug where the Cannibal’s power to recharge superfluously after reaching the maximum number of charges.
- DBD patch 2.40 fixed an issue with the Loadout menu title appearing incorrectly as “Inventory”.
Several issues affected the Nurse’s power that required a large part of the code supporting her, especially the networking, to be re-done, which is what we did in this release. This allowed us to fix the following issues.
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused the Nurse not to be able to trigger a blink.
- Dead by daylight patch 2.40 fixed a bug where a blink started right when the charge is ready or when fatigue starts to be cancelled.
- Addressed a bug where the Nurse’s vault to be slower than intended.
- Addressed a bug where the Nurse to go into fatigue after the stun when stunned during a chain blink. Now she will only go through the stun.
- Fixed a bug where the Nurse to get stuck when blinking into a pallet dropped during the blink.
- Fixed a bug where the Nurse’s animations to briefly be static after interrupting a Survivor.
- Addressed a bug where the Nurse to be unable to blink through some hills.
- Fixed a bug where the Nurse to sometimes fall out of world after blinking.
- Dead by daylight version 2.40 fixed a bug where the Nurse to become stuck when a Survivor disconnects while being interrupted.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for the Nurse to use the Return Blink ability during fatigue when equipped with the Jenner’s Last Breath add-on.
- Addressed a bug where the blink charge sound to be heard even if no charge is added after hitting a Survivor after a blink when using the Spasmodic Breath add-on.
- Fixed a bug where the Nurse to be able to do a slash attack while charging a chain blink.
- Addressed a bug where the Nurse to be able to climb on chests and small assets after blinking.
- Addressed a bug where an overlapping between the winding SFX and the Fatigue State SFX when the Nurse is Stunned by a Pallet after a Blink.
- Fixed a bug where the Nurse’s hand not to appear for spectators cycling through spectated players during a blink.
- Addressed a bug where a stutter during the Nurse’s post blink animation when turning the camera.
Fixed from PTB
- Dead by daylight update 2.40 fixed an issue that prevented you from escaping the killer’s grasp when reaching 100% progress while falling.
- Addressed a bug where successful Overcharge skill checks to remove generator progression.
- Fixed a bug where the tutorials to be impossible to complete with the Interaction Toggle activated.
- Fixed a bug where survivors with the Run to Cancel setting activated to become stuck after the Cenobite teleports to them.
- Addressed a bug where the Nurse not to be able to blink inside several buildings.
- Addressed a bug where the Nurse add-ons Kavanagh’s Last Breath and Heavy Panting not to increase maximum Blink range.
- Addressed a bug where the Lightborn perk icon to show for survivors attempting to blind a killer equipped with the perk.
- Dead by daylight update 2.40 fixed an issue in the Keybinding menu where the Keyboard and mouse inputs appear on Consoles after changing the value of Beta Tab Setting.
- Fixed an issue on Stadia in the Keybinding menu where the Xbox prompts are shown by default when opening the Options menu for the first time.
- Fixed a systematic crash when closing the application.
Download free DBD update 2.40 on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One.