[CP2077] Cyberpunk 2077 update 1.62 (1.620.000) is now available to download on PS4, PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. According to the official Cyberpunk 1.62 patch notes, the latest update brings the technology preview of Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode for high-end PCs. Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.62 download size is around 6GB on PC.
Previously, a big update added various gameplay changes and bug fixes. Recently, a hotfix was also released. Unfortunately, some players are still experiencing issues with the game. CP2077 update 1.62 (1.620) will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Cyberpunk 2077 1.62 Patch Notes
Patch 1.62 for Cyberpunk 2077 is being rolled out on PC. This update brings the technology preview of Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode for high-end PCs.
Together with NVIDIA, we’re bringing a completely new, fully ray-traced, aka path-traced, rendering mode to the game with this patch – Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode. We’re proud of it. It pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in technology. However, because it is so new and fundamentally different from what we’ve been using so far, we know it’s not going to be perfect from the start and players might experience some issues – that’s why we’ve decided to call it a “Technology Preview”. This is a vision of the future that we want to share, and we’re committed to continue working on and improving this feature.
The technology preview of Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode is currently supported on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series (4070 Ti and up) graphics cards. Also, on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (1080p, 30 fps). As this is a cutting-edge feature, it requires the highest-performing hardware available to run it properly. Ray Tracing: Overdrive is very GPU intensive, therefore it’s set to “off” by default.
For other ray-tracing-capable PC graphics cards with at least 8GB VRAM, we included an option to render path-traced screenshots in Photo Mode. This is possible because it means rendering just one frame, as opposed to rendering several frames every second (i.e. FPS), which would happen when playing the game.
You’ll find the list of changes for patch 1.62 below:
- Path Tracing: Technology Preview
Added a Ray Tracing: Overdrive preset which includes the Path Tracing technology. You can enable the Ray Tracing: Overdrive preset in Settings > Graphics > Quick Preset, or just Path Tracing separately in Settings > Graphics in the Ray Tracing section.
Additionally, we included an option to render path-traced screenshots in Photo Mode for other Ray-Tracing-capable graphics cards with at least 8GB VRAM. If your graphics card has more than 8GB VRAM and this option is still greyed out, it means you need to lower your in-game resolution. Note that the higher the resolution and the less powerful the GPU is, the longer it will take to take a screenshot (between a few seconds to several minutes). You can enable Path Tracing for Photo Mode in Settings > Graphics in the Ray Tracing section.
Added NVIDIA DLAA, an AI-based anti-aliasing mode designed to improve image quality. DLAA requires a NVIDIA RTX graphics card. It can be enabled in Settings > Graphics in the NVIDIA DLSS section.
- Intel XeSS
Added support for Intel Xe Super Sampling 1.1, an upscaling technology using machine learning to provide improved performance with high image quality. It can be enabled in Settings > Graphics in the Resolution Scaling section.
- Benchmark improvements
Improved the Benchmark to display more information in the results screen, including PC specs, GPU driver version and selected settings.
The following changes were added previously
- Fixed an issue that could cause wrecked cars or multiple Nomad cars to spawn in traffic when driving fast.
- Fixed an issue where first equip animation could be played repeatedly after recovering a throwing knife.
- The Laminate-armor Media Ballistic Vest can now be found as loot in Japantown.
- Fixed an issue where the recon grenade highlighted non-hostile crowd NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where after using the Take Control quickhack on a device, camera axis were inverted when zoomed in.
- Player won’t be able to purchase again an apartment makeover they already own anymore.
- Added the showering interaction to the Nomad Camp.
- It won’t be possible to hack the Northside apartment before completing Act 1 anymore.
- Fixed an issue where Open World combat events and some scenes could remain disabled after visiting Afterlife until player fast traveled within Watson.
- Automatic Love – Walking into a wall in the elevator in Megabuilding H8 will no longer cause instant death.
- Blistering Love – Fixed an issue where Johnny could despawn if player left the booth before interacting with the projector, blocking progress.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Demons of War – Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to progress past the “Search the area to collect information” objective.
- Epistrophy – Fixed an issue where the quest could reappear in the Journal instead of being marked as failed after player failed to retrieve any of the cabs.
- I Fought the Law – Fixed an issue where River could drive out of the market area erratically and push V out of world bounds.
- Life During Wartime – Fixed an issue where selecting a blue dialogue option twice upon arriving on the crash site blocked progression.
- Path of Glory – Optional objective “Get dressed” will no longer be incompletable if player collected the clothes before it appeared.
- The Information – Fixed an issue where the doors to Lizzie’s were closed during the hours they should be open, blocking progression.
- The Ride – Fixed an issue where Dex’s car was swerving left and right when driving away.
- With a Little Help from My Friends – Fixed an issue where holocalls and text messages could be blocked if player told Saul about Panam’s plan while the Nomads were driving away.
- Fixed an issue where summoned vehicles could be spawned far away from the player.
- Suicidal Corpos in Corpo Plaza will no longer stand up after the fall.
- Fixed an issue where an Assault in Progress in Arroyo wasn’t visible on the map, hindering progress in The Jungle achievement.
- Gig: Goodbye, Night City – Fixed an issue where the quest didn’t trigger after approaching the area.
- Gig: No Fixers – Fixed an issue where the “Park Iris’ car in the garage” optional objective didn’t complete if player stopped in front of the garage.
- Gig: Playing for Keeps – Fixed an issue where all the enemies in the casino were set to Friendly.
- Murk Man Returns Again Once More Forever – Fixed an issue where the Rayfield Caliburn didn’t spawn.
- Added a quest tag to fixer rewards when they’re first found in the stash.
- Opening menus while reading a shard will no longer block the game.
- It won’t be possible to change the position of the marker when a time skip is in progress anymore.
- Fixed an issue where the loot UI could flicker and change before picking up the item.
- Fixed an issue where the English text “A Favor for a Friend” would be displayed regardless of the language version instead of the correct quest name for some tracked quests.
- Fixed animations and missing or displaced objects in various scenes.
- Fixed some issues with animation occurring when performing an aerial takedown using the Hidden Dragon perk.
- Fixed an issue where sandstorms could appear in scenes they weren’t supposed to.
- Fixed an issue where foliage was not affected by different weather conditions.
- Polycarbonate Sport Sunglasses will no longer be visible when switching between Third Person Mode and First Person Mode while driving.
- Memory improvements and crash fixes on next-gen consoles.
- Minor UI optimizations.
- [PlayStation 5] Importing a save while not connected to the PlayStation Network will no longer block the option to continue the game.
- [PlayStation 5] Fixed an issue where a corrupted save was created when player tried to import a PlayStation 4 save when no saves were exported.
- [PlayStation] Fixed an issue where the “Press [Options Button] To Continue” screen registered pressing the button with a delay.
- [PlayStation 5] Wet roads will now be as reflective as on the PC version.
- [PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X] Changing the preset in Video settings will no longer set all the Graphics options to ON automatically.
- [Xbox One/Xbox Series X] Disconnecting the controller and entering the pause menu at the same time will no longer result in player being stuck.
- Enabled aggressive crowds on Stadia.
- [PC] Added support for Steam Deck.
- Added gameplay optimizations.
- Addressed invisible players issue
- Fixed game freezing issues.
- Added fixes for various game crashing issues.
- Added general stability fixes.
- Addressed some glitches.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Download free CP2077 update 1.62 on PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X.