Conan Exiles 1.57 for PS4 and Xbox One is now rolling out for players. According to the official Conan Exiles 1.57 changelog, the latest update added Followers II and Architects of Argos and much more. Apart from this, Conan Exiles patch 1.57 also added the ability to set behaviors for your followers.
Previously, a big update was released which added the Followers Management system. You’ll now be able to get information and manage your followers at a glance from a new tab in your player menu. Apart from this, the last update also addressed issues with Thralls’ AI, extra improvements against undermesh locations as well as general bug fixing.
Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players are experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Conan Exiles version 1.57 is expected to fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
What is new in Conan Exiles 1.57 for PS4 and Xbox One?
New follower behaviors!
You can now give your followers a brand new set of engagement rules and tactical preferences to better suit your playstyle!
Accessed via a new option in the interaction wheel, you can now assign different behaviors to your thralls and pets. Divided into two sections (Engagement and Tactics), this will give you better control than ever on how your armies react to incoming threats.
Please note that these new options are for your thralls and pets who are set as base defenses and not actively set as your follower (to see which new changes apply to active followers, you can skip a few sections and go straight to the new Follower Command System!)
Under this new menu, you can now choose and customize different rules of engagement for each of your followers. These new options are:
Follower will only attack when a hostile engages with them or any friendly presence within their detection radius.
Attack those that directly attack you or those hostiles that you engage with in combat.*
Attack all enemies
When subtlety isn’t part of your master plan, just let your armies know about this option. They will engage with any hostile that enters their detection radius, old-school!
If you want them to know engaging with any threats might be above their gruel pay-grade, choose this option. Any follower with this behavior will not retaliate against hostile activity.
Attack and Chase Distance
You can set at which distance your thrall or pet will detect hostiles (Attack Distance), as well as the distance they might move (together with some new aggro systems) from their designed guard spot while pursuing their target (Chase Distance). These two settings open a new submenu with a range of options, from Lowest (5 meters) to Longest (50 meters).
Within this section, you can set which tactical choices will be preferred by your followers:
Stand and defend
With this option, your followers will stay firm and keep the designated position against any hostile activity.
Followers with this tactic assigned will try to deal with enemies up-close and prioritize equipping the shortest range weapon they have available in their inventory.
This tactic will make your thrall opt for long-ranged engagements, prioritizing ranged weapons in their inventory when attacking an enemy.
New Follower Command System!
By Crom! You can now give direct orders to your active companion. Politely ask them to move, or rudely ask them to annihilate any hostile targets within the press of a button!
Aim and press the interaction button to move your companion to the designated location or attack an enemy. Double press that key to make them stop any activity they’re engaged on (and double press again to make them resume that activity). Press it three times and you will ask your companion to return to your position.
You can also hold the command button to open a new radial menu where you can select any of these settings individually!
Some important Quality of Life additions!
We’ve been listening to the feedback you’ve all been sending us since the release of the mounts update and we’ve integrated the two most requested changes! You can now have an active companion as well as your trusty steed, as horses don’t take the active follower slot anymore! And while you’re out and about on your ride, don’t forget that you can now drag any NPCs you’ve left unconscious!
New cosmetic DLC pack available: The Architects of Argos!
Build impressive cities and temples with the Argossean building set. It includes vaulted ceilings, a new and unique way to build tall pillars (with bottom, middle and top pieces) and special attention has been paid to the insides of buildings with the inclusion of new placeable pieces. You will also get your hands on three stylish new horse armors, three fresh armor sets and nine new weapons, such as the Argossean Great Axe.
- New follower stances!
- New follower command system!
- You can now have a companion and a mount active at the same time!
- You can now drag unconscious NPCs while riding a horse! Yee-haw!
- AI improvements!
- New DLC pack: The Architects of Argos!
- …and more!
Full Changelog Conan Exiles patch 1.57
Performance and Stability
- Deployed a number of optimizations regarding server logs.
- Fixed a number of crashing issues.
- Fixed a number of crashing issues related to AI.
- Added a number of optimizations in regards of characters and AI.
- Fixed an issue that would allow building inside certain locations.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent return of materials.
New Additions in Conan Exiles update 1.57
- Added new follower behavior settings!
- For the first time, you can customize the rules of engagement of your follower defenses as well as their tactics when in combat.
- Added new command system that will allow you to give direct orders to your active follower.
- This can be controlled via a new radial menu (default button is the interaction key), or giving direct input (by single pressing to move/attack, double press to cancel).
- Conan Exiles 1.57 added new animations to provide visual feedback to the command system.
- Added and reworked AI behaviors to deepen and improve the playing experience.
- New DLC patck: The Architects of Argos!
Building and placeables Fixes
- Fixed an issue that would cause the placement brush of placeables to snap to the edges of all assets.
- Fixed an issue where the replacing of ramps and sloped roofs from specific DLCs would work inconsistently.
- Fixed an issue where Riptide light attacks would deal double damage.
AI and Thrall Fixes
- Fixed several instances where friendly and/or hostile AI would become non-responsive towards external threats.
- Reworked several AI components, such as hate list (list of hostile targets) and leash distance (distance they’re allowed to chase their target).
- Resolved several issues where followers would have troubles teleporting to the player.
- Conan Exiles update 1.57 for PS4 resolved a number of issues that would prevent thralls from using weapon combos.
- Improved AI awareness. They can now detect threats and targets visually and via sounds.
- Fixed a few issues that would allow cheesing bosses’ AI using the leash behavior.
- Fixed a number of issues regarding the Warmaker’s Champion AI and attack patterns.
- Conan Exiles version 1.57 fixed an issue that would cause wights to spawn in unbeatable ways during the Wine Cellar boss fight.
- Fixed an issue where followers would not teleport correctly when player characters do.
- Fixed an issue where KO’d NPCs would teleport for a short distance if interacted with no Bindings equipped.
- Conan Exiles 1.57 fixed a targetting issue where NPCs would target the foundation beneath instead of the character.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs with a bow would not retaliate against long distance attacks.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would not attack the player while standing in a particular spot.
- Chilled Godbreaker Plate armor value was inconsistent compared to Godbreaker Plate. This is now fixed.
General Bug Fixes
- Conan Exiles patch 1.57 fixed an issue that would cause player characters to get stuck on a chair if placed on a foundation.
- Falling on spikes should no longer negate fall damage.
- Hearts can now be exchanged for rewards at Hannuman’s Grotto again, as intended.
- Stamina cost for dodging has been reduced for medium and light armors.
- Redesigned the Accuracy 40 perk. It is now called Flattening Shot and will allow your heavy shots to push back or knock down targets.
- Conan Exiles PS4 version 1.57 improved navigation on interaction radial wheels. You can now use key or button inputs to ease your navigation.
- You can now drag unconscious NPCs while riding a horse.
- Mounts no longer take a follower slot. This means you can now have a follower and a horse at the same time.
- Added character animations when issuing commands to followers.
UI and Text Fixes
- Added new radial menu options to control follower behavior.
- Added new follower command menu.
- New key bindings have been added to control the new commands.
- Conan Exiles version 1.57 implemented a smart system on the Interact key when using a controller. Now, if there are valid interact targets, this binding opens the interact menu. Otherwise, the command menu.
- Added tips and hints related to the new Followers systems in loading screens.
- Fixed an issue with the pets’ radial menu.
Conan Exiles 1.57 is now available for download.