COD Vanguard update 1.09 (1.009.000) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official Vanguard 1.09 patch notes, the latest update various bug fixes and quality of life changes. Apart from this, today’s COD Vanguard version 1.09 (1.009) also includes performance and stability fixes on all platforms.
Today’s Vanguard patch 1.09 will address a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Vanguard 1.09 Patch Notes – December 16, 2021
From fighting Krampus and hunting down Elf Team Six to getting plenty of holiday gifts and Bundles, Festive Fervor is here to spread plenty of cheer across Call of Duty®: Vanguard, Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific, Call of Duty®: Mobile, and more. Plus: Call of Duty Endowment’s involvement in the 2021 Jingle Jam.
’Tis the Season for Festive Fervor
Make your list of squadmates and check those corners twice: Festive Fervor is coming to Call of Duty with plenty of holiday surprises for both the naughty and nice.
Festive Fervor will take over several Call of Duty experiences, including Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone Pacific, with limited-time modes, events, rewards, and features up to the New Year along with plenty of discounts on classic Bundle and new holiday-themed offerings.
Vanguard Multiplayer, Zombies Decked Out for the Holidays, Limited-Time Modes and Features
Also known as Drop Zone in previous Call of Duty titles, this twist on Team Deathmatch brings enough Killstreak Care Packages to stuff a whole chimney.
At the start of a match, both teams will fight for control of a marked area somewhere on the map, where Care Packages will drop in on a set timer until a specific number of them are collected. At that point, the zone rotates to a new area.
Unlike previous iterations of Drop Zone, points are only scored through kills, with bonus points being awarded with kills earned via Killstreaks. That makes ripping open those presents your squad’s main key to victory, so lock down those zones and start reaping those rewards.
Elf Team Six
Outside of that limited-time mode, Operators can also earn Killstreaks through seeking and destroying the elite Elf Team Six.
Hidden around Vanguard’s Multiplayer maps, Elf Team Six are ready to roast Operators like chestnuts on an open fire if they aren’t found before they disappear.
Operators who take down these Elf Team Six members will earn match score and Killstreak progress, a small gift that could help give your enemies something far worse than coal in their stockings.
The folk horror figure Krampus is coming to Vanguard, appearing during Multiplayer matches and targeting whoever has the least impressive objective score, such as a pathetic Hardpoint time or a disgracefully low number of Domination captures.
- Using Daniel’s alternative skin will no longer crash the game
- Progression for Seasonal Challenges is now visible, active, and tracking
- Bug Fixes
- Riot Shield now blocks front-facing damage and bullets will not penetrate
- The Firefight Blueprint has been fixed to remove light coming from the front end of the barrel and parts of the optic
- Kar98K Hunter incentive skin no longer causes the gun to aim down the iron sights instead of the attached scope
- Top Break muzzles no longer jump on reload
- Corrected Loadouts using 7 Round Mags so the total ammo count is divisible by 7
- Addressed multiple issues with charms in a QOL pass
- Weapon animations have been polished and some glitches have been resolved
- Panzerfaust Challenge has been changed from destroying ariel streaks to longshot kills
- Kar98k & Type 99
- When using a lower caliber magazine, these weapons will now retain the ability for One-Shot-Kills when landing chest shots
- Top Break
- No longer reduces damage, but range reduction increased
- Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle
- The default scope will no longer heavily obscure player vision when meleeing with the bayonet
- Kar98k & Type 99
- Melee range has been reduced for Bayonet when Reach Kit Perk is applied
- Double Barrel
- Corrected wording in the Death Artist Challenge to say “16 Gauge Mag” instead of “12 Gauge Mag”
- Assault Rifle Alpha
- Camos now show proper progression
- M1 Garand
- Camos now show proper progression
- Double Barrel
- Master Ribbons data from Cold War will now be imported and reflected in Vanguard
- Getting kills in Warzone now counts toward challenges in Vanguard
- Mortar Barrage
- Increased damage dealt by the Mortar Barrage Flare
- Mortar Barrage has been tweaked to make deployment less difficult
- Fixed several out-of-map exploits
- Fixed instances of unnatural hitching when jumping against ramped walls
- Fixed issue which made some doors indestructible
- Fixed out-of-map spawns and exploits
- Desert Siege
- Spawn tuning to reduce instances of spawning close to enemies
- Fixed a rendering issue that resulted in intense fog for some players
- Blinking texture issues have been fixed in several locations
- Bullet penetration issues for certain walls have been fixed
- MK2 Frag Grenade blast radius no longer affects players who should be protected by walls
- Red Star
- Fixed a bug that resulted in lighting effects following the player like a spotlight around the map
- Distracting and graphically incorrect shadows no longer appear under light fixtures
- Numa Numa
- Removed invisible geo in Numa Numa that blocked bullets midair
- Fixed an issue in which an invisible wall remained after it was destroyed
- Demolition and Tactician Perks now operate as intended
- Sub Pens, Castle, Oasis, Das Haus
- Fixed out-of-map exploits
- Control is now live!
- Champion Hill
- Players will no longer crash out of Champion Hill Duos, resulting in the closure of the entire game
- Players can now access Scoreboard and Spectate Mode
- Users will no longer get errors saying they don’t have Crossplay permission when attempting to add other consoles to a party
- Flairs now appear with every Prestige level-up, and XP bars should reflect Prestige progression
- Duplicate Prestige icons have been fixed
- Fixed a progression blocker in the Lady Nightingale level caused by an unresponsive character
- Visibility improved in low light areas, making it more visually clear when capturing Control Runes.
- The progress bar no longer overlaps various notifications such as Challenge Completions, Rank Ups, Weapon Level Ups, and more.
- Professor Krafft will now acknowledge Purge objective completions.
- Brimstone no longer damages zombies when the player is downed.
- Brimstone has been adjusted to now only deal damage to zombies that are in the player’s line-of-sight.
- Dead Accurate
- Launchers now work as intended with the Dead Accurate Covenant.
- Swift Vengeance
- Updated the description of Swift Vengeance to reflect that only weapon damage is increased with the use of this Covenant.
- Knives now work as intended with the Swift Vengeance Covenant.
- Addressed an issue where weapons obtained from crates briefly displayed the wrong model when dropping.
- Addressed an issue where some Mystery Box weapons would appear with their magazine detached from the weapon.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from loading into a match with their preferred custom reticle.
- Addressed an issue that incorrectly identified some Launcher damages as critical hits.
- Portals will now provide players with an opportunity to visit each destination before giving an option to return to the same location.
- Closed various exploits that prevented players from taking damage from zombies.
- Melee Camo Challenges have been adjusted to count kills, not eliminations with the exception of Sturmkrieger Challenges.
- Zone names have been added in places where they were absent from the map.
- The in-game scoreboard now shows the player in the correct ranking.
- Addressed an issue with overlapping scoreboard UI.
- Addressed an issue in which Operator and Announcer voice communications could compete with each other.
Subtitles / Text
- Multiple fixes for subtitles when players select the English language setting.
- Multiple fixes for voice lines and subtitles when players select the German language setting.
- Multiple fixes for text descriptions when players select the Brazilian Portuguese language setting.
- Multiple fixes for subtitles when players select the Polish language setting.
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes kick a player to the main Zombies menu when Copying and Replacing loadouts.
- Various stability fixes.
Addressed the following issues.
- Operators: Addressed a bug where using Daniel’s alternative skin will crash your game.
- Addressed texture glitch on Desert Siege.
- Fixed Bullet Penetration issues on Bocage.
- Addressed a bug where Riot Shield does not block damage from the front when used
- Addressed a bug where seasonal challenges displaying inconsistently between VG, CW, and Warzone.
- Mortar Barrage – Addressed a bug where sometimes the player cannot place the Mortar Barrage.
- Firebombing Run – Addressed a bug where rlayers are receiving damage while standing outside of the visible flames
Addressed Camo Issues.
– Addressed Fast Loading 12g Mag missing attachment.
Light Machine Gun Charlie (aka Bren):
– Fixed Rifle Exterior Barrel missing attachment.
– Challenge to destroy aerial streaks very difficult.
Download free Call Of Duty Vanguard version 1.09 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One.