If you’re a Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) player, you know that having the best CS2 settings can make a world of difference in your gameplay. High FPS (Frames Per Second) ensures smoother gameplay, which can be a game-changer in high-stakes matches. This article aims to guide you through optimizing your settings for maximum FPS and competitive advantages.
Table of Contents
Why Video Settings Matter
Best Video Settings for High FPS
|Refresh Rate||143 HZ|
|Laptop Power Savings||Disabled|
|Boost Player Contrast||Enabled|
|Wait For Vertical Sync||Disabled|
|Multisampling Anti-Aliasing Mode||None|
|Global Shadow Quality||Low|
|Model / Texture Detail||Low|
Pro Tips for Video Settings
- Brightness: Adjust according to your comfort level.
- Aspect Ratio: Personal preference but affects gameplay.
- Resolution: Again, personal preference but can impact FPS.
How to Optimize Mouse Settings
Best Mouse Settings for CS2
DPI and eDPI: What’s the Difference?
DPI stands for “Dots Per Inch,” and eDPI (effective Dots Per Inch) is your sensitivity multiplied by your DPI. For instance, a DPI of 1000 and a sensitivity of 0.8 means your eDPI is 800.
Turn Off Mouse Acceleration
Mouse Acceleration can mess with your aim. To disable it in Windows:
Windows Key + R.
main.cpland hit Enter.
- Go to the “Pointer Options” tab.
- Uncheck “Enhance pointer precision.”
Best CS2 Resolution and Aspect Ratio
Many pro players prefer a “stretched” resolution, setting the aspect ratio to 4:3 on a 16:9 monitor. This makes enemies appear larger and easier to hit.
Pros and Cons of Different Aspect Ratios
|16:9||Greater visual clarity, see more around you||Lower FPS|
|4:3||Easier to hit targets, increased FPS||Restricted view|
Other Important CS2 Settings
Higher is better. Most pros use 144hz, 240hz, or even 360hz monitors.
- EQ Profile: Personal preference.
- L/R Isolation: Set to 0% for accurate spatial audio.
- Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping: 80
- Max Acceptable Game Traffic Bandwidth: Unrestricted
Windows and Steam Settings for CS2 – September 28, 2023
Windows Graphics Settings
Windows Keyand type “Graphics.”
- Select “Desktop app” from the dropdown.
- Navigate to your CS2 installation folder and select
- Choose “High performance” and save.
- Go to
Steam > Settings.
- In the “Interface” tab, untick “Enable GPU accelerated rendering.”
- In the “Library” tab, tick “Low Bandwidth Mode” and “Low Performance Mode.”
And there you have it! These are the best CS2 settings for high FPS. Happy gaming!