Baldur’s Gate 3 update 8 (Hotfix 26) is now available to download on PC(Steam). According to the official Baldur’s Gate 3 patch notes, the latest update added various improvements and fixes. Apart from this, Baldur’s Gate 3 patch 8 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big update added various quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, since the last update, players are facing various issues with the game. Read more details below.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 26 Release Notes – July 20, 2022
CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
- Party members now appear correctly at camp regardless of how many times you go there.
- Addressed a major blocker causing a permanent black screen if the game had just loaded after you went to camp.
- Addressed a major multiplayer issue causing you to get blocked if you gave a fellow player control of an Origin character.
- Addressed an issue that would block you in the Active Roll UI if you were interrupted by an NPC’s crime interrogation dialogue.
- Addressed a crash related to the bibberbangs’ explosion VFX.
- Addressed a crash that would occur after loading a savegame.
- Addressed a crash that would occur if you had created the Vision of the Absolute spear and saved in camp.
- Addressed a blocker that would occur if you took a Long Rest after defeating Bernard and the automatons atop the Arcane Tower.
- Addressed cinematic issues related to Barcus and Beldron at Grymforge.
- Addressed a cinematic issue related to missing water VFX when speaking to Gauntlet Dain at Waukeen’s Rest.
- Addressed the myconids freezing during their cinematic dialogue.
- Addressed a cinematic issue causing party members to have jittering heads during the cinematic dialogue with the deep rothé.
- Addressed female halflings and gnomes not looking at the correct speakers in a cinematic dialogue during the introduction to the camp area.
- Addressed cinematic issues in the conversation with Nettie involving drinking the antidote.
- Addressed a continuity issue where the bard dialogue options with BOOOAL wouldn’t proceed correctly.
- Addressed several cinematic issues related to camera angles, animations, depth of field, popping, lighting, and clipping.
- Addressed an issue related to the new combat cameras causing the gold dice overlay and vignette to go missing after the first critical camera shot.
- Added missing weapon damage resistance to the resistances’ update.
- Addressed an issue causing the inventory to appear empty if a character was looted as a soul and then revived.
- Addressed an issue causing spells in the custom Hotbar to be removed after Wildshaping.
- Addressed a UI issue where searching for filtered names did not display the relevant items.
- Addressed spell options becoming greyed out if you moved around in-game whilst the Variant Hotbar was open and active.
- Addressed some global inventory filters not working if your character wasn’t Proficient.
- Addressed the visibility of the Options screen when applying any Interface option while in a dialogue.
CONTINUITY AND OTHER BUGS
- Addressed corpses standing upright after you leave a region and go to camp. This was also affected by Autosave.
- Addressed an issue causing druids to lose all their prepared spells if they had used Dismiss Wild Shape or if they dropped to 0 HP.
- Addressed an infinite loop of entering and exiting combat when only one character and one in-world item remained.
- Addressed the Short Rest SFX.
Download free Baldurs Gate 3 patch 8 on PC (Steam).