Astroneer update 1.42 is now available to download on PS4, PC and Xbox One. According to the official Astroneer 1.42 patch notes, the latest brings a new Rails System, Rail items, new missions, and much more. Apart from this, Astroneer version 1.42 also includes various quality of life fixes.
Previously, a big major update added new switches, new platforms, updated modules, and more. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues.
Today’s Astroneer version 1.42 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Astroneer 1.42 Update Patch Notes – July 12, 2022
EXO Dynamics is proud to introduce the brand new Rails System! The Rails System brings a new mode of transportation to Astroneer that excels at efficiency and convenience. Place rail posts to build out your rail lines, and then board the new railway vehicles for a hands-free transit experience. And unlike other vehicles, railway vehicles can travel autonomously, perfect for extending the reach of your automation network. But that’s not all: rail lines themselves carry both oxygen and power, making them an excellent way to connect together distant bases and excavation sites like never before!
The Catalog has been updated with two new vehicles custom-built for the Rails System. Railway vehicles can be used individually or chained together into trains up to six vehicles long. Just make sure you have enough power to run them; each vehicle in a train increases its power draw!
Basic railway vehicle with a medium storage slot. Slower than Rail Engines, but can be chained together in either direction.
- Printed on: Medium Printer
- Resource Cost: 2 Resin, 1 Aluminum
- Byte Cost: 1500
- Power Draw: 1 Power per second
Specialized railway vehicle used for personal transportation and faster trains. Provides a built-in seat, 2x small auxiliary slots, and a headlight. Can only be placed on the front or back of a train.
- Printed on: Medium Printer
- Resource Cost: 1 Resin, 1 Aluminum, 1 Copper
- Byte Cost: 1000
- Power Draw: 3 Power per second
Your new railway vehicles won’t do much good without rail lines to ride along! Fortunately, the Catalog has also been updated with a range of railway items for building out the rail network of your dreams.
Rail Posts (Standard & Tall)
The backbone of every rail line. Like tethers, they chain together automatically as they’re dropped. And don’t worry if you left your train back at base; the nearest train can be called to any rail post, at any time!
- Printed on: Small Printer
- Resource Cost: 1 Resin, 1 Aluminum
- Byte Cost: 750
- Bundle Count: 10
Rail Junctions split rail lines in two, forming a 3-way connection.
- Printed on: Medium Printer
- Resource Cost: 2 Aluminum
- Byte Cost: 1000
- Bundle Count: 5
The Rail Station offers powerful automation tools to assist in advanced rail logistics, including automatically loading or unloading trains.
- Printed on: Large Printer
- Resource Cost: 2 Titanium, 1 Copper, 1 Quartz
- Byte Cost: 2500
Updates and additions have been made to existing automation systems to take advantage of the Rails System.
Rail Posts and Stations are equipped with reaction slots that activate in response to railway vehicles.
Rail Junctions are equipped with a pin slot for each of their three connections, giving you precise control over when each one is active.
Rail Stations are equipped with pin slots that will start a docked train moving in the desired direction.
Storage Sensors and Railway Vehicles
When placed on a railway vehicle, the Storage Sensor will monitor storage state across the entire train.
Adventure Mode Story + Missions
New missions have been added to the mid-game which send players down a path of logistics investigation and exploration. Travel to the icy wastes of Glacio, the mysterious caves of Calidor, and the whimsical depths of Sylva to learn about the importance of railways within EXO Dynamics. Along the way, players will discover new characters who have stumbled upon a mystery that may have greater ramifications for the overall mission of Astroneers.
(Players who have completed “Talking Tungsten” will automatically receive the new starter mission “Digging Deeper”.)
Quality of Life Improvements
- Rover tooltips now display train length status
- The VTOL now responds properly to local gravity zones
- All Data Logs now track seen/unseen entries per player
- Bundleable items will no longer snap to the backpack while held, making it easier to place them near the character
- Item bundles in the backpack’s auxiliary slots will automatically replenish from bundles of the same type in the backpack
- The camera has been improved to better handle tight spaces, without taking zoom control away from the player
New SKU: Starter Bundle!
We’re introducing a new Bundle available for all players as a one-time purchase.
- 750 QBits
- Starter Bundle Suit
- Starter Bundle Palette
Store – New Items Available Now!
- Quick Thinking
- Exhaust Port
EXO Automated Mass Production Protocol
The Automated Mass Production Protocol returns! Astroneers are asked to undertake the creation of large quantities of valuable resource nuggets to send off via the EXO Request Platform in exchange for useful goodies and stylish customizations.
EXO Dynamics has changed up the resource requests this year and upgraded their transfer rocket to accept any of the following resources for varying points (per nugget):
- 1 Point – Compound
- 3 Points – Aluminum
- 5 Points – Tungsten Carbide
- 15 Points – Nanocarbon Alloy
All Astroneers present are awarded points when a rocket is launched – cooperation is encouraged for efficiency!
EXO Dynamics rewards contributions with:
- 160 Points – “AMPP Throwback” Bundle –
Contains cosmetics rewarded from the previous year:
- “Cogpiece” (Mask)
- “Copper Plate” (Palette)
- 480 Points – NEW “Dot Com” Palette
- 960 Points – NEW “Thoughtful” Emote
- 1920 Points – NEW “Forge Ahead” Mask
- Useful incremental rewards along the way and randomized recurring rewards at the end of the event – including QT-RTGs, EXO Chips, and useful resources!
Tether posts have been updated to get your automation vibes cranking – log in to experience these temporary decorations that are sure to turn heads!
The following is still a known issue as of version 220.127.116.11:
- AS-17846 U25 | Rails | Dedicated Server – Rail anchors can be attached to some plants and end up bundled to the plant underground
- AS-17954 U25 | Rails | DS – Player is able to stack multiple cars in the same slot of the Rails Station
- AS-17911 Rails | Multiplayer | Caravans are often in the wrong location or invisible from client’s perspective on join and rejoin
The following bugs have been fixed as of version 18.104.22.168:
- AS-17772 Item Pads | Power meters on the cable slots of Item Pads are no longer broken
- AS-17748 Packager | Proximity Repeater | Placing multiple packagers on a single item will no longer cause the item to duplicate into that amount of packagers attached when activated by a proximity repeater
- AS-17485 Camera | There is no longer strange behavior with the camera’s max zoom distance when exiting tight spaces and loading saves
- AS-17736 2022 Automation LTE | Players are now awarded a Splitter when passing 280 points if they had a Medium Resource Canister slotted to the T2 slot when it was launched
- AS-16983 Intro Cinematic | Intro cinematic no longer replays if a new player exits their new session to the main menu before the persistenplayerdata file is created
- AS-15876 Atmospheric Condenser | Output Slot | Players and AutoArms can no longer place any resource into the Atmospheric Condenser and cause it to stop functioning.
- AS-9497 Atmospheric Condenser | Station | Using an atmospheric condenser on the Gateway Station the condenser no longer displays white squares
- AS-8700 Small Solar Panels no longer become disconnected when flying between planets with them.
- AS-17391 Furnace Output Slot | Players/ AutoArms can no longer place a resource into the Furnace output and cause it to stop functioning.
- AS-15697 VTOL now properly changes orientation in the different gravity volumes in and around the gateway engines
- AS-9458 Keybinding | UI | Semicolon and backquote no longer lack glyphs in tooltips, tutorial prompts, and Astropedia icons
- AS-16847 Mouse & Keyboard | Dying no longer causes Left Mouse Button to behave like Right Mouse Button
- AS-8951 Controller | Soil Centrifuge proximity tooltip will now appear from different angles
- AS-17876 Achievements | Localization | Trophy text for “Encounter With the Infinite” no longer has a typo in Japanese
- AS-17758 Localization | Several T1 Storage Items Are now correctly Translated to Chinese
- AS-11273 Multiplayer | Clients are now unable to deploy extenders from AUX slots
- AS-7441 Multiplayer | Gateways | Client will no longer die unexpectedly when stepping off power puzzle pillars in completed chamber
Download free Astroneer update 1.42 on PlayStation 4 and PC.