Apex 1.40 (The Lost Treasures Collection Update) released for players on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official Apex 1.40 patch notes, the latest update added the Lost Treasures Collection Event as well as a host of tweaks to various Legend abilities and weapons. Apart from this, Apex update 1.40 also includes stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big Season 5 update was released which added Loba as a new legend, new quest, weekly hunts, and more. Map changes were also added with the last update. A minor hotfix was also released which fixed the issue where hits were not registering in-game.
Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game online. Today’s Apex version 1.40 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
What is new in Apex legends update 1.40?
LOST TREASURE COLLECTION EVENT
We’re bringing a ton of exciting changes to the game along with the Lost Treasures Collection Event. In addition to the event, we’ll be making a host of tweaks to various Legend abilities and weapons. Get all the intel here so you’re fully prepared when you drop in.
ARMED & DANGEROUS EVOLVED LTM
The Armed & Dangerous Limited time mode has evolved. In this LTM, only Shotguns and Snipers are allowed. You’ll also start with a Mozambique and Evo armor. All other armor has been removed from the loot pool. But that’s not all. Respawn beacons will also be removed and all players will start with the Mobile Respawn Beacon in their inventory.
MOBILE RESPAWN BEACONS
Need to Respawn on the go? Use the new Mobile Respawn Beacons! In the Armed and Dangerous LTM, players will start the match with one in their inventory. Then from the inventory screen, deploy it anywhere on the map and save your fallen teammates. But beware, calling in a Respawn Beacon takes time, giving your enemies time to find you, take you out, and use that Beacon you just deployed. So find that safe spot before you call it in.
CRYPTO TOWN TAKEOVER
Crypto is taking over and providing some recon to Kings Canyon. Located at the south-east of the map (under Repulsor), lies Crypto’s Map Room. Use his tech to get the location of all Legends on the map and check the screens scattered around the room to see how many enemy squads are nearby.
HEIRLOOM – MIRAGE’S TROPHY
Isn’t that a handsome guy! Yes, it’s true, your man Mirage is getting his Heirloom! The gorgeous statue is one of a kind (sort of) and will ensure you look good in the arena.
- Combat Revive now replaces Combat Medic.
- Deploy D.O.C to revive teammates. D.O.C. will deploy a shield and revive Lifeline’s teammate, leaving Lifeline free to defend or revive someone else.
- This fully replaces Lifeline’s old passive, including Fast Heal
- Lifeline’s Tactical cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Lifeline’s Care Package now contains more items
- Care Package will contain 3x more small healing items, when it decides to spawn small healing items
- Care Package will contain 2x more attachments, when it decides to spawn attachments
- Upon activation, Stim will remove movement impairing effects.
- Stim sprinting speed is increased by 10%
- Players can now double jump in mid-air after using Octane’s Launch Pad
- Players can change direction easily from the double jump.
- Will now cancel:
- Pathfinder mid-grapple
- Wraith mid-Phase Walk attempt (before Phase Walk activates)
- Will now prevent:
- Mirage cloaked revive
- Mirage decoy control activation
- Lifeline combat revive
- Range removed on Death Totem
- Deploying Hack (Crypto’s Drone) now takes 1.5 seconds (from 2.5 seconds)
- EMP will now disable Wattson’s Pylons.
- Burglar’s Best Friend will no longer be intercepted by Watton’s Interception Pylon.
- Black Market Boutique (ultimate) will now only pick up 1 stack of ammo (rather than 1 stack + the amount that was required to fill whatever partial stack you had in your inventory).
- Ultimate Accelerants now give 20% ult charge (up from 17.5%).
- You can now hold the tactical button, and release to auto-control decoys
- Decoys will now say lines when shot
- When cloaked, Mirage’s holo emitters will be visible to players that are less than 5 meters away
- Will now create decoys for the entire squad when skydiving when still diving with your squad.
- Fast Heal granted inside the Dome Shield, slowed down: 25% faster -> 15% faster
- Enemies can cancel Caustic’s barrel by shooting it before it is fully inflated.
The intent of these changes is to create openings where enemies can breach Wattson positions. It is still possible for Wattson players to hold a position with a trophy indefinitely, but that should come at the cost of using Ultimate Accelerants.
- Wattson’s Pylons now last for 90 seconds
- Wattson can now have up to 3 pylons out at a time
- Wattson can stack 2 Ultimate accelerants per inventory slot
Increasing Wraith’s tactical cooldown has proven to be ineffective at curbing her exceedingly high win rate and kill rate. These changes are meant to disincentivize Wraith players from using Phase Walk as a “get out of jail free” card, and move it into more of a repositioning and scouting ability.
- Phase Walk
- Phase Walk now takes 1.25 seconds to enable (was 0.4 seconds). During this time, Wraith will receive a 20% move slow
- This does not affect Phase Walk while placing a Phase Portal
- While in Phase Walk, Wraith now gets a 30% move speed boost
- While in Phase Walk, Wraith can now see other players while in the Void.
- Phase Walk now lasts 4 seconds (from 3 seconds)
- Phase walk cooldown is now down to 25 (from 35 seconds)
- Phase Tunnel
- Decreased distance for portal placement by 25%.
WEAPONS / LOOT
- A cooldown will be applied to re-grabbing Ziplines without touching the ground
- The cooldown will increase with each time a player disconnects and re-grabs the zipline
- The cooldown will reset when the player touches the ground
- Greatly increased horizontal recoil in the initial shots of a burst
- Decreased magazine size from 32 to 28.
- Rechamber time 1.75 -> 1.6
- Energize duration 90 -> 120
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Teammates can now ping a friendly Caustic Trap.
- New health bar for when users are in Revenant’s Shadow form.
- Map rotation times are now even between Kings Canyon and World’s Edge
Bug Fixes in Apex 1.40
- Fixed an issue with some railing not being climbable.
- Fixed an issue with being unable to mute squad before the Legend select.
- Apex 1.40 removed more exploitable spots against Prowlers in Bloodhound TT
- Fixed issues with loot spawning in unreachable places in both Kings Canyon and Worlds Edge.
- Fixed an issue with players being able to move at walk speed when downed.
- Apex 1.40 fixed an issue with Prowlers not killing Mirage Decoys in one swipe.
- Fixed issues with Ninja controller layout and deathboxes.
- Fixed an issue with the “You got a treasure pack” message appearing after each match.
- Fixed an issue with Crypto’s Drone flying without input if the user started to sprint by use of double tap to sprint option.
- Fixed an issue with Lifeline able to drop her care package on a Quest Artifact location, preventing users from picking up the artifact.
- Fixed an issue with Lifeline’s Drone getting stuck in the air after collision with an Octane Jump pad.
- Fixed issues with Loba being able to get to out of bounds areas using Burglar’s Best Friend (tactical).
- Fixed an issue with Loba’s Burglar’s Best Friend (Tactical) being blocked by invisible collision at the entrance of Firing Range.
- Apex update 1.40 fixed an issue with Loba’s Black Market Boutique (Ultimate) not showing the correct range.
- Loba’s Black Market Boutique (Ultimate) now shows correct ammo count for care package weapons.
- Fixed an issue with Loba’s tactical not functioning on certain surfaces. You should now be able to recreate the trailer moment!
- Loba’s Ult is now refunded if it gets caught between two doors.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoy not being able to ping correctly under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage Decoy’s not being able to crouch walk through certain areas.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage Decoys playing the fall animation when the player is falling.
- Fixed an issue where Mirage can still control his decoy after being silenced by Revenant.
- Fixed an issue with Octane bounce pads “deleting” other Legends abilities.
- Fixed an issue with Octane’s Jump Pads disappearing when other legend’s tactical interacts with it.
- Fixed an issue with Octane’s Jump pads falling through the floor on hover tanks
- Fixed an issue with Pathfinder’s Grapple not allowing running if a failed deployed occurred.
- Apex 1.40 fixed an audio issue with Survey Beacons being too loud when used.
- Fixed an issue with Revenant’s death totem not being rendered from over 200 meters.
- Fixed an issue with Revenant’s audio for his tactical cutting off half way through its playback.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to heal after getting knocked and going through a Wraith portal
Apex update 1.40 is now available for download