Rocket League update 1.53 is now rolling out for players on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Rocket League 1.53 patch notes, the new Season 9 Update brings new changes as well as various bug fixes and improvements. The biggest change coming with Season 9 is Ranked Extra Modes — as Dropshot, Hoops, Rumble and Snow Day shed their ‘Casual Playlist’ status and join the Rank-based ‘Competitive’ fray. Apart from this, Rocket League version 1.53 also added stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a big Progression Update was released with new features and changes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play. Today’s Rocket League 1.53 patch is expected to fix all these issues.
Rocket League update 1.53 for PS4 and Xbox One
- ‘Hot Wheels Rivals’ is now available as a playable Arena in Casual Playlists, Tournaments, Private Matches and Offline Matches
- ‘Hot Wheels 50th’ Flag
- ‘Hot Wheels 50th’ Player Banner
- ‘Hot Wheels 50th’ Wheels
- The complete ‘Monstercat x Rocket League Vol. 4’ EP is now available as a music playlist
- ‘Monstercat’ Topper is now available
- New Monstercat Flags have been added
- ‘Infected Mushroom’
- ‘Darren Styles’
- ‘Tokyo Machine’
- ‘Pixel Terror’
- ‘Sara Skinner’
Changes and Update in Rocket League version 1.53
Competitive Season 8
- Competitive Season 8 has ended. Titles and items will be awarded for your highest rank achieved during the season. Season 8 Rewards are custom, non-tradeable Rocket Boosts
- Receiving Season 8 Rewards is also contingent upon successful completion of Season Reward Levels
- Reward Rocket Boosts:
- Bronze I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Bronze’ Rocket Boost
- Silver I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Silver’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Gold I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Gold’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Platinum I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Platinum’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Diamond I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Diamond’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Champion I or higher – ‘Season 8 – Champion’ Rocket Boost + lower Rocket Boosts
- Grand Champion – ‘Season 8 Grand Champion’ in-game Title + all Season 8 Rocket Boosts
Competitive Season 9
- Competitive Season 9 has begun
- Season 9 brings a “soft reset” that requires you to do placement matches in each playlist to recalibrate
- Winning half of your placement matches will land you near your previous season ranking
- League Rankings will be temporarily empty until players complete their placement matches
- Ranked Extra Modes
- Ranked Playlists for 3v3 Dropshot, 2v2 Hoops, 3v3 Rumble and 3v3 Snow Day are now available under the Extra Modes tab in the Playlist Menu
- You will have a unique MMR for each Playlist
- You will be required to complete ten placement matches before obtaining a Rank in each Playlist
- All Ranked Extra Mode Playlists will contribute to your Season Reward Level
- Extra Modes have been removed from the Casual Playlist tab
- You will have the option to hide your Rank in the new Ranked Extra Modes Playlists
- Ranked Extra Modes will not have leaderboards for Season 9
- The post-match XP screen has been shortened and can now be skipped, bringing you right to the End Match screen and lobby
- Consecutive Match Bonus has been increased from 50 XP to 200 XP
- Weekly Win Bonus has been changed from a multiplier to a flat amount of 2,500 XP per eligible win
- Discord button has been added to the News Panel
- Clicking this button will minimize Rocket League and take you to discord.gg/rocketleague, where you can join the official Rocket League Discord server
Bug Fixes in Rocket League version 1.53
- Rocket League update 1.53 fixed issue where focus could be lost when closing party chat panel with controller
- Details window now appears in trades with only one item
- Older Replays recorded on Farmstead no longer crash the client
- Rocket League 1.53 fixed a bug with bot behavior related to air dodge, rolling and ball strikes
- ‘Best of the Bunch,’ ‘Squad Goals,’ ‘New Challenger’ and ‘Together is Better’ Achievements/Trophies now work as intended
- Club invites no longer block a player’s view while trading
- Checking the ‘Friends Only’ League Rankings now shows all friends.
- RLCS Fan Rewards Decals may not show all details in the trade window
- ‘Megabat’ Decal may cover trim on Painted Car Bodies
- Some Competitive pop-up messages may not reference Ranked Extra Modes when they are supposed to
- Titanium White and Grey ‘Binary’ Painted Trails may look similar after Rocket League version 1.53.
- During a trade, selecting, removing and re-selecting an item from an inventory stack may cause the check mark to disappear.
- [macOS] Game may close after startup if a controller is connected and ‘PlayStation Configuration Support’ is enabled after Rocket League 1.53.
- [Switch] Removing and re-adding a splitscreen user to the party will hide the first player in the party roster.
- [Steam] ‘People Person’ Achievement/Trophy may not unlock for some players.
Rocket League update 1.53 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.