Wreckfest version 1.20 is now rolling out on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Wreckfest update 1.20 patch notes, the latest update added two new tracks, track voting to multiplayer, player hosted public servers, car customization to multiplayer lobby and visualization for cars that just have been reset. Apart from this, Wreckfest version 1.20 also added support for DLC Modified Monsters Car Pack and more.
Previously. a big update was released which resolves issues related to multiplayer, stability, frontend, and more. Unfortunately, since the release, some players are experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Wreckfest version 1.20 is expected to fix these issues. Check out more details below.
Wreckfest Update 1.20 Changelog (PS4 & Xbox One)
- Added two new tracks: Hellride & Vale Falls Circuit
- Added support for DLC Modified Monsters Car Pack
- (XB1 / PS4) Users can create a public lobby which is visible in the server browser for everyone and has a maximum cap of 16 players
- It’s now possible to change (and purchase) vehicle upgrades and paint job directly in the lobby
- Implemented track voting. If voting is enabled, clients vote on the next event after they’re back in the lobby after event results, choosing from previous event again, or one of two other events from the current rotation
- Wreckfest update 1.20 improved prediction precision of suspension geometry and steering, enhancing gameplay experience especially with high latency
- (PC) Voting can be enabled and disabled in the server config (please see the example config for more information)
- (PC) A dedicated server can be now excluded from being joined by users entering Quick Match by using “exclude_from_quickplay = 0” server setting
- (PC) Client is no longer kicked out of multiplayer when connection to Steam is lost
- Ragdolling no longer results in the player being wrecked; instead, the ragdoll can be reset back in the vehicle by using the reset button
- A vehicle that has just been reset is now visualized in ghost mode
- Limousine car is now slightly weaker
- Chase camera now avoid clipping into vehicles and zooms closer whenever a vehicle is right behind the player to make sure the view is not obstructed
- Camera no longer snaps into a position due to a bottom collision to the car
- Transitioning into and out of camera look-around mode is now seamless
- Backfire pop now works on AI and remote cars as well
- The wheels from Steel & Wheels DLC now have correct physical properties including mass
- The window bars from Steel & Wheel DLC are now correctly hidden when using the cockpit camera
- Roadslayer window mesh now has the correct weight
- Wreckfest update 1.20 improved sofa car handling
- Reset button key is now correctly hidden while holding reset button.
- High ping warning message is no longer stuck on the screen after leaving multiplayer.
- Quit prompt is now correct cleared after the event starts in case it was open in lobby.
- Wreckfest 1.20 added a slight delay to the end of the Last Man Standing so that’s it not as abrupt.
- Wreckfest 1.20 added various stability and performance improvements.
- On Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, the title automatically renders in 4K or HD resolution depending on the resolution of the attached display.
- The game no longer sporadically crashes to “Out of Index Buffer Memory” during multiplayer.
- The game no longer crashes when equipping “Racing Wing” on the Warwagon while trunk lid has been removed by another upgrade.
- (XB1) Steering wheels are now correctly reactivated, making it unnecessary to unplug the device and then plug it back in.
- (PC) The game no longer crashes to “Could not open file for writing: save / settings.conf” when settings file is invalid.
- (PC) The game no longer crashes upon launching when certain input devices are plugged in.
- Implemented wheel hub collisions.
Wreckfest update 1.20 is now available for download.