Wreckfest update 1.008.000 patch notes released for PS5 and Xbox Series X players. According to the official Wreckfest 1.008 patch notes, the latest update added a new tournament mode and various bug fixes. Apart from this, Wreckfest version 1.008 also includes stability fixes.
The tournament is themed around the Wrecking Playground environment, with the monthly event challenging you to score points by wrecking your car, destroying objects and getting airtime. To make sure you can really go to town with vehicular destruction, resetting the car will repair it instantly. The weeklies are timed events in which you need to collect the special Bugbear coins littered around the level as quickly as possible.
And of course, since any tech demo remake wouldn’t quite be the same without the iconic Speedbird with Next Car Game livery we’re bringing it too back as a tournament reward.
Previously. a big update added new cars, free tracks, and more.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Wreckfest version 2.08 will fix these issues.
Wreckfest 1.008.000 Patch Notes
- New tournament: Wrecking Madness
- New free Wrecking Playground environment
- New Speedbird GT tournament reward car
- New Extreme damage mode
- Added a new track: Wrecking Playground.
Server admins note: the internal designation for the track is wrecker01_1.
- Introducing new tournament: Wrecking Madness
- New tournament reward car: Speedbird GT.
- (XB1/XSX) Game no longer sporadically crashes during multiplayer.
- (PS5) Improved Voice Chat reliability.
- (PS5) Improved multisample anti-aliasing.
- (PS5) Improved performance.
- Improved dynamic objects syncing over network.
- Added a new “Extreme” damage mode.
- Improved Bandit and Bandit Ripper handling.
- Improved dynamic dirt for a number of vehicles.
- (PS5) Fixed surface material misconfiguration that disabled some surface sounds and their haptic feedback.
- (PS5) Decreased the effect of in-game physics to haptics intensity of track object and car-to-car collision rumbles.
- (PS5) Added unique dynamic skid rumble for asphalt surfaces (take that Rocket RX for a spin!).
- (PS5) Added unique rumble for barrel and fence collisions, player vehicle gearshift and backfires.
- (PS5) Adjusted rumble style of low momentum collisions with track objects for a sharper/snappier feel.
- (PS5) Lowered center frequency of low intensity car-to-car collision rumbles.
Download free Wreckfest update 1.008.000 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox.