WWZ update 1.15 is now rolling out on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official World War Z update 1.15 patch notes, the latest update added crossplay, various gameplay changes and quality of life improvements to the game. Apart from this, World War Z game version 1.15 also includes stability and performance improvements.
The Crossplay Update is now available, expanding the matchmaking pool across both PC and Xbox One. PS4 will also be joining the fray at some point in the future. For anyone who prefers to turn crossplay off, this option is available in the settings.
A new mission objective has also been added. In every mission, a Virus Sample canister will spawn in various locations, which the player must loot and bring to the end of the mission. They can also be looted from a Bomber if it’s taken down correctly. The longer you hold on to the Virus Sample, the more negative effects it will apply to you.
Horde Mode Z has received a host of balancing tweaks based on community feedback. More xp and currency rewards, fewer special zombies in normal mode, and a long list of further changes visible below.
Previously, a big Proving Grounds update was released with the new “The Undead Sea” Tokyo mission and the six-skulls extreme difficulty setting for all chapters. Unfortunately, since the last update, some players are still experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s World War Z game version 1.15 is expected to fix these issues. Check out more details below.
World War Z PS4 update 1.15 patch notes
- Added Virus Sample functionality in Campaign
- AI Director will randomly spawn containers with Virus Sample that players can pick up
- Virus samples can spawn from Bombers that are taken down without them exploding.
- The containers are fragile and they will begin to apply negative effects to players as they break.
- If players will manage to finish the mission with containers intact, they will get increased rewards
- AI Director can spawn several Virus Samples, Bomber will also drop them
- World War Z update 1.15 added 4 new weapon variants with unique perks
- Pistol – Increased penetration and damage vs special zombies.
- Machine Pistol – Full auto variant, reloads primary weapon after a special zombie kill.
- Classic Battle Rifle – Semi auto variant, no penetration but deals a lot of damage.
- Battle Rifle – Full auto variant.
- Thumper Grenade Launcher – Incendiary grenades.
- War Heroes character skin pack (included for Season Pass owners)
- Slightly reduced difficulty in Hard mode
- Significantly reduced difficulty in Normal mode
- Less Special Zombies will spawn in Normal mode
- Increased preparation timer between waves by 20% in Normal mode
- Supply points rewards will begin to scale down later in Normal mode
- Added significantly more random pickups in Normal mode
- Increased Auto Turret maximum ammo
- Capped by 10 the amount of Auto Turrets that could be placed simultaneously
- World War Z update 1.15 fixed one of the shops not spawning items
- Reduced the amount of ammo secondary weapons drain from ammo boxes by 50%
- World War Z version 1.15 reduced ammo crate cost from 100 to 70
- Significantly increased both XP and currency rewards
- WWZ update 1.15 tweaked Extreme difficulty settings to restore pre-patch balance (it was changed to support crossplay)
- AI Director will spawn less secondary weapon pickups
- Reworked Bomber drop, he will spawn better Primary and Heavy weapons when killed
- World War Z 1.15 fixed several issues with perks stacking
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- WWZ update 1.15 fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed issue that allowed players to clip through geometry in some places
PC Specific Fixes
- Added crossplay between Xbox in PvE
World War Z update 1.15 is now available for download on for PS4 and Xbox One.