Wolcen Lords of Mayhem update 184.108.40.206 is now available to download on PC(Steam). According to the official Wolcen Lords of Mayhem patch notes, the latest update added controller support, quality of life fixes and more.
Previously, a major update added a new end-game system: the War Table, New monsters, New damage type variations for some skills, and much more.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues since the release. Today’s Wolcen Lords of Mayhem version 220.127.116.11 will fix a few of these issues.
What is fixed in Wolcen Lords of Mayhem Update? – August 4, 2022
Controller support has arrived. Grab a controller, sit back, and enjoy a whole new way of playing Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. You can swap between a controller and keyboard & mouse at any time simply by using your desired input method. While both inputs essentially share the same UI, there are a few bespoke elements for each method that will change automatically.
As of now, official Wolcen controller support is limited to Xbox controllers. However, other controllers can potentially be used with Steam’s controller configuration options. In addition, we will be implementing a few extra features after this patch at a later date: rebinding functionality so you can customise your control scheme and, for those who prefer their shapes to letters, UI icons for Playstation controllers!
When playing with a controller, you will be aided in combat by a targeting system that follows a few basic rules:
- By default, the system automatically selects the closest available target within a cone in front of the player character. If there is no target within that cone, the overall nearest target is selected regardless of direction.
- Whilst attacking an enemy already targeted by the system, the target will ‘hold’ on that enemy for a brief period. The system will not select another target unless a small window of time has elapsed without a subsequent attack from the player and there is another closer target, or the original target is dead.
- The system comes with a target lock button that will continue to override the system indefinitely as long as the button is held.
- Note that some abilities override this system, such as abilities that have a manually placeable area of effect.
With the addition of controller support we’ve taken the opportunity to completely remake large portions of the game’s UI, partly to accommodate controller support and partly to update and generally improve the player experience across the board.
The new UI elements include:
- The Character Sheet
- Two versions of the Player Inventory: one dedicated to keyboard & mouse, and one to controller use. Which UI is visible depends on which input method you are using at that time.
- The player’s Storage Chest.
- Player Cosmetics: dyes, armour skins, and pets.
- Item Tooltips.
- The Loot Filter.
- Merchant Screens.
- A series of Navigation Menus to change screens when using a controller.
- The Main Menu.
- The Options Menu.
- Armour skins, dyes, and pets are now integrated into one menu for easy access.
- The Character Information Screen has been retooled to present more information at a glance within clearly defined categories. Additionally, the Character Information Sheet now automatically opens alongside the Inventory so you can easily track stat changes as you change gear.
- Autosort buttons have been added to the player inventory and storage chests. Pressing the button will automatically organise your inventory or specific storage page.
- Fixed a Skill issue where the ‘Erupting Flesh’ Active Skill Modifier for Plagueburst would not correctly increase the skill’s damage.
- Fixed a Skill issue where the ‘Expendable Meat’ Active Skill Modifier for Plagueburst would show the damage done to the player’s summon when exploding.
- Fixed a Skill issue where the ‘Mortiferous Guest’ Active Skill Modifier for Plagueburst would incorrectly summon rats when allied summons explode.
- Fixed a UI issue where clicking on Zanafer Stark whilst her shop UI is open would cause the current tab to empty.
- Fixed an Item issue where bows were treated as Offhands instead of Weapons when comparing items.
- Fixed an Animation issue where female characters dual-wielding a pistol and a melee weapon would not settle into an animation loop whilst attacking at melee range, causing animations to desynchronise from damage ticks.
- Fixed a VFX issue where the ice-nova visual effect of the Winter’s Grasp Active Skill Modifier, ‘Glacial Blast’, would incorrectly trigger when an enemy was killed by the skill rather than frozen by it.
- Fixed a UI issue in multiplayer where the ‘Return to Last Checkpoint’ button would briefly disappear for all players after one player had pressed it.