We Happy Few update 1.04 is now rolling out for players. According to the official We Happy Few 1.04 changelog, the new update addresses performance optimization, crash fixes, progression blockers, some gameplay bugs, and a couple of small balance issues. Additionally, We Happy Few version 1.04 also includes various stability and performance improvements.
Recently, an update was released to fix various issues. However, many players are still experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s We Happy Few patch 1.04 update is expected to fix all these issues. Check out more details below.
We Happy Few Update 1.04 Changelog
- Performance Improvements: CPU/hard drive optimizations implemented, meaning that there will be improved framerate and fewer textures and objects showing up at the wrong level of detail.
- Performance Improvements: Memory leaks fixed meaning that the game should crash much less frequently on console.
- NPCs will no longer teleport/attach directly to you during combat.
- Fixed black screen transitions on weather changes when travelling through the world.
- The VO line ‘Arthur Hastings! I thought you’d turned into a– oh, never mind, here you are!’ no longer occurs when playing as Sally or Ollie.
- Fixed rare cases where players reported seeing duplicate assets (Doors, and even cinematic characters).
- Crashes fixes for a wide range of issues.
- Fast Traveling to a hatch farther than around 200m after interacting with the package no longer crashes the game.
- Fixed game occasionally crashing when a loading screen occurs after reaching the Parade District and going back to the Garden District.
- We Happy Few update 1.04 fixed frequent crash when reloading a saved game in the parade district a few seconds after loading is over.
- Fixed crash caused by save/loading in Apple Holm station before point of no return.
- Fixed crash caused by reloading the autosave created every time Arthur crosses from Barrow Holm to Eel Pie Holm when Arthur has progressed a good distance from the bridge.
- Fixed the game occasionally crashing at the end of the unlock animation when acquiring the documents portraying Faraday’s whereabouts in the Bobby HQ.
- Fixed crash when giving NPC a quest item and immediately fast traveling.
- We Happy Few 1.04 fixed crash in Malpractice of Doctors caused by save/loading inside the encounter
- Fixed crash when moving into combat while on the Plassey Bridge.
- Fixed crash caused by fast traveling or streaming in/out after dropping the possibly heinous package.
- Fixed occasional crashing during the loading screen when fast traveling to the Barrow Holm Track Access Hatch from another island.
- Fixed occasional crash when answering the door and skipping the cutscene as Sally.
- Fixed occasional crash after Arthur’s Hostile Takeover/document control checkpoint.
- We Happy Few version 1.04 fixed crash in The Still Of The Night when rapidly filling bottles with strange alcohol.
- Fixed many small / one off crashes.
- Weapon “The Staff” appears in English when playing in another language.
- Dark Linen can now be found in Arthur’s playing, allowing him to craft the Fab Threads.
- Fast Travel: Removed the non-functional/misleading “Travel” prompt when interacting on the map with a controller.
- Skill Tree: Fatal food poisoning status effect will now not go away when unlocking the Iron Stomach skill.
- Skill Tree: The Tireless skill now works as intended
- Map markers for shops will now show up from further away.
- Power cells, empty power cells and canteens will no longer be auto stored in the stash. Now, they live in the gadgets/gadgets/survival categories in the inventory menu and you will have to store them manually.
- Teacups now appear in the crafting components category of the Inventory, and will be stored as part of the “Place All” crafting components option.
- Player will no longer be stunned by bees while wearing a Padded Suit or other thick suits.
- The Bee Cannon no longer loses all its bees after reloading the game.
- Lead Pipes wrongly classified as Heavy weapons, now just regular weapons.
- Ollie: Can no longer fast travel to Parade District without opening the hatch in the Parade District.
- Loading the Last Shelter Visited Save after completing a safehouse quest, will no longer cause it to become stuck in the journal.
- Sally: Dexipam recipe can no longer be found systemically, which could lead to duplicate recipes being awarded.
- Arthur/Ollie – Honey from the Bee Tree now lootable in all situations.
- The Germany memory will now appear in the Theatre after collecting it.
- When using a save from 1.0, Arthur would be unable to complete Track Access Hatch quests. Now he can.
- WorldGen: Bobby HQ will now spawn in all cases.
- A Malpractice of Doctors: The effect of coconut joy no longer stays until save/load.
- Band of Brothers: Closing the door and going to the main menu right after unlocking the door to the dump can no longer create a progression break.
- Britannia: Sometimes, infinite loading would occur after watching the last cutscene.
- Cub Reporter: Dying while in Gemma’s house could lead to infinite loading.
- Finding Faraday: Ask the Duty Officer: Running around the Bobby HQ could cause a freeze.
- Finding Faraday: Wellington Wells Constabulary becomes shuttered in at night, players can now leave if they don’t want to wait.
- Hostile Takeover: The cutscene outside of Hostile Takeover that gives the player Future Perfect will now play in all cases.
- House of Curious Behaviors: The red bobby will now always open the gate if the player save/loads after entering the House for the first time.
- Malpractice of Doctors: Returning to main menu while deactivating quarantine protocols no longer can lead to a loss of functionality.
- Malpractice of Doctors: Returning to the main menu during the experiment saves the game despite the message saying it won’t, leading to multiple save/load issues. Now correctly does not save.
- Malpractice of Doctors: Fighting in the Joy Detector beam no longer causes the game to freeze.
- Mother’s Little Helper: You can now pick up the notes by the table after all save/load conditions, no longer blocks quest progress.
- Mystery House: NPCs now react to Arthur when returning to the encounter, after performing a save/load during the objective “Neutralize the cultist”.
- Possibly Heinous Package: Easier now to pick up the package.
- Superb Meat Boy: Killing the Plough boys before they leave the alley no longer results in a blocker.
- The Slaughterer’s Apprentice: Getting shocked while in a trashcan no longer breaks progression.
- Slaughterer’s Apprentice: The broken eviscerator part now won’t fall through the floor after using the machine the first time.
- You Can’t Beat The Odds: The Plough Boys will now always enter the shop, allowing the progress to continue.
- A Model Citizen: Doing a save/load before taking the reward no longer causes the player to be unable to move.
- A Model Citizen: Going away from the quest location during the objective “Help the Models” no longer blocks progression.
- In the Still of the Night: Player can now progress by filling a bottle with the strange alcohol.
- Plough Boy’s Lunch: Placing Ed down then performing a save/load no longer causes Ed to be buried alive (spawn underground).
- Future Perfect: The lever for rotating the machines in the DSIR will now always be rotated correctly.
- The Faraday Cage: It is now possible to load a saved game that was created during the Faraday Cage questline while using a save from 1.0.
- The Great Stink: Performing a save/load after picking up the “Jubilator Grand Derby” note no longer causes the lore to be placed in notes twice.
- Arthur: The Great Stink: The Jubilator in the tunnel no longer gets stuck in place.
- The Two Musketeers: Fixed occasional infinite loading when going back to main menu before and after the last cutscene.
- Point of Departure: Fixed saving and quitting after the flash back causing Arthur to respawn stuck on the camp island, depending on world generation.
- A Malpractice of Doctors: Fixed missing subtitles for the announcer when arriving at the Wellington Health Institute top floor.
- Britannia: Final cutscene now has subtitles.
- We Happy Few update 1.04 addressed lines during the talk in the bunker appearing in English when playing in another language.
- Fixed lines during the talk in the Train Station Tower appearing in English when playing in another language
- Two lines during the talk between Arthur and Ollie in the train station appears in English when playing in another language.
- Cult of Jack: Subtitles, objectives and descriptions were in English when playing in another language.
- Turning the subtitle option on at the military base entrance no longer displays a full page of dialogue obstructing the player’s view, even though that was kind of funny.
- Two strings when entering into the Odds and Ends appear in English when playing in any other language
- Manned Flight: Performing a save/load at the back of the room on the right side at the objective “Get in Cannon” no longer blocks progression.
- Pomaceous Puzzle: The gas masks will now always spawn when reaching the quest for the first time.
- The Truth Shall Set You Free: After credit cutscene now has subtitles.
- The Truth Shall Set You Free: Using a bobby whistle before triggering the cutscene of the executive committee no longer causes the game to freeze once the cutscene starts.
- Bad Dreams: The quest no longer automatically completes after the first cutscene.
- Doing a save/load or dying on Wednesday’s hill no longer leads to a permanent death loop.
- Version number increased to 1.4.
- Localization fixes all over the place.
- Custom Game option difficulties are now correctly translated.
- Curfew #1 broadcast now has subtitles.
- Added missing name in credits
- We Happy Few version 1.04 fixed weapon blood VFX not displaying on PS4.
- I Sing the Body Electric: The alleyway leading to the underground has a color gradient displaying over the floor on PS4.
- Brown, black and green checkered/corrupted texture now no longer appears over wet mud, behind Sally’s House, and in other locations.
- Fixed crash when taking out the peeing headboy in the Hooligan Camp.
- Fixed crash when entering the Broadcast Tower as Arthur.
- We Happy Few 1.04 fixed occasional GPU hang.
- Fixed shelters occasionally failing to complete on PS4 Pro
We Happy Few update 1.04 for PS4 is now available for download.