Warhammer 40k Darktide patch 7 is rolling out on PC(Steam). According to the official Darktide patch notes, the latest update brings changes for aim assist for controllers. Apart from this, Warhammer 40,000 Darktide patch 7 also includes a long list of bug fixes and balancing changes.
Previously, a big update 1.0.14 was released which added quality-of-life improvements. Unfortunately, players are facing several problems when trying to play the game on the consoles. Today’s Warhammer 40,000 update 7 will solve a few of these problems.
Check out more details below.
Table of Contents
Warhammer 40K Darktide Update 5 Patch Notes – April 4, 2023
Updated aim assist for controllers with four settings:
- Full(DEFAULT) – Our latest Aim Assist code. Faster and easier to use with a slowdown when close to aiming at enemies. This applies to melee and ranged and will follow the target in a rotation if you aim and strafe.
- Light– The same as “Full” but with some features disabled, including the rotation lock when strafing.
- Legacy– The classic Aim Assist code used in Vermintide 2 and previous Darktide versions.
- Off– Turn off Aim Assist.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Covering Fire’ sometimes didn’t trigger correctly.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Deimos Mk IV Blaze Force Sword and the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword to block ranged attacks without the Deflector Blessing.
- Fixed an issue where the Achlys Mk VII Twin-Linked Heavy Stubber had partially unlocalised texts for stat details.
- Fixed the graphical effect for wounds caused by the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword’s activated special attacks
- Shortened time between firing and reloading weapon special while aiming down sights for Shotguns.
- Fixed a bug where the Deimos Mk IV Blaze Force Sword and the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword had made you move faster than intended when swapping weapons.
- Fixed a bug where stats weren’t applied correctly to 4th light attacks on the Deimos Mk IV Blaze Force Sword and the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Swords.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds, for example, from Force Staff projectiles, always played as if the listener was in a first-person view.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Exorcist’ Blessing triggered on all hits, not only weak spot hits.
- Fixed an issue where the Agripinaa Mk VII Combat Shotgun couldn’t shoot through thin walls and covers when using the special shell.
- Weapon special attacks on activated weapons (Chain swords, Thunder hammers, Force swords, Chain axes) now always stop on Elites, Specials, Monsters, and Captain regardless of cleave.
- Fixed issue where Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword weapon special attack did not activate the Psykinetic feat ‘Warp Absorption’ correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Artemia Mk III Purgation Flamer and the Rifthaven Mk II Purgatus Force Staff where crits would not apply correct damage and/or burn stacks on burned enemies.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause a server crash when using the Nomanus Mk VI Surge Force Staff and attacking enemies dropping down from ledges.VFX / SFX / Animation
- Fixed issue where shotguns hitting Carapace Armor played incorrect vfx/sfx.
- Ogryns have been instructed by Hadron in proper auspex handling, and no longer cover the display with their thumb.
- Fixed issue where Achlys mkVII Heavy Stubber braced reload had no sound.UI / HUD
- Resolved an issue with the crosshair alignment for the new shotgun marks when using the special attack.Other Fixes and Tweaks
- Fixed issue where dead players could receive health from medical crates and drain medkits resources.
- Some work to try and reduce the amount of disconnects caused when players join games.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t deploy an Ammo Crate while sprinting.
- Fixed issue where the player indicator on the auspex scanner was not rendered correctly when scanning in a scanning event.
Artemia Mk III Purgation Flamer
- Lower clipsize range from 30-50 to 20-40, reserve from 90-250 to 80-200.
- Lower alt fire spray armor mods:
- damage vs Flak mod near-far from 175%-75% to 100%-50%
- impact vs Flak mod near-far from 100%-25% to 75%-10%
- damage vs Carapace mod near-far from 25%-0% to 10%-0%
- impact vs Carapace mod near-far from 20%-10% to 10%-1%
- impact vs Maniac mod near-far from 150%-125% to 100%-50%
- Lower burst armor mods:
- impact vs Flak mod near-far from 100%-100% to 100%-50%
- impact vs Carapace mod near-far from 20%-20% to 10%-1%
- impact vs Maniac mod near-far from 150%-150% to 100%-50%
- Reduce initial impact on alt fire spray, ramps from impact range 1-2 to 10-15, was 5-9 to 10-15
Munitorum Mk III and Mk IV Power Swords
- Reduce number of attacks per weapon special activation from 2 to 1.
- Removed the extra weapon special attacks when using heavy attacks.
- Power Cycler blessing: Reduce the number of extra attacks per weapon special activation from 3 to 2
- Fixed an issue where chaining attacks would sometimes not count toward the number of activations properly.
- Summary: Powerswords get 1 activation default, total of 3 if running Power Cycler. (Down from 2 default and 5 with blessing)
Crucis Mk II and Ironhelm Mk IV Thunder Hammer
- Reduce action lockout time from 1.1s to 0.6s on activated hit stun.
- Increase headshot/crit configuration of light attacks, from 2.5%-7.5% bonus to 15%-45%.Shotguns and Ripperguns
- Fire Frenzy blessing fixed and rebalanced across the tiers:
- From 4/6/80/10% to 7.5/10/12.5/15% per stack (still max stacks of 5)
Dev Note:“Tier 3 was bugged and could stack up to 400% damage bonus!”
Other Fixes and Tweaks
- Deployed Medical Crates now last for 5 minutes instead of 1 minute.
- Lower burning DoT damage from all sources vs. Flak armour from 200% to 100%
- Added missing finesse boost to Munitorum Mk VI Power Sword’s activated push-followup so that it does the proper amount of damage compared to the regular push-follow-up.
- Surgical: shortened stack gain durations overall from 1 second to around 0.25-0.5 seconds per stack, depending on the weapon.
Download free Warhammer 40k Darktide patch 7 on PC.