Warframe update 2.05 and 2.06 (Update 31) is now available to download on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official Warframe 2.05 and 2.06 patch notes, the latest hotfix brings some minor changes and fixes to the game. In addition, Warframe version 2.05 and 2.06 (1.014) also includes backend stability fixes.
Previously, a major update added various quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues while playing the game.
Today’s Warframe patch 2.05 and 2.06 will fix a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Warframe Update 31: The New War Download Size
The New War is ~7.5 GB on PS4 and ~7.9 GB on PS5 (size variations are to be expected based on the ways in which the different systems operate).
What is new in Warframe 2.05 and 2.06 Patch Notes? – December 15, 2021
NEW QUEST – THE NEW WAR
We are seasons, all of us.
Growing in the light, fading in the dark.
At once the same, yet… ever changed.
Prepare yourself, Tenno. The New War is here and no one is safe. Old enemies have returned to the Origin System… will the factions unite against Ballas, Erra, and the advancing Sentients, or will they buckle under the weight of a full-scale invasion?
Players can prepare for The New War quest in the following ways:
- Have “Prelude to War” complete
- We have renamed the former “The New War’ Codex section to “Prelude to War”, players must have this complete to participate in The New War Quest.
- Own a Necramech
- Necramechs can be earned by playing Deimos content or bought in the Market for Platinum.
- Own a Railjack
- A Railjack can be earned by completing the Rising Tide quest or bought in the Market for Platinum.
The New War will take several hours to complete and will prevent normal Warframe activities from taking place for the duration of the quest. Plan accordingly!
Access to your loadouts will be limited. We encourage you to not only prep your Warframe, Necramech, Operator and Railjack Loadouts but also your Fashion Frame. And as always: CRANK THAT AUDIO!!
You may notice your Operator sounds a bit different while playing The New War Quest. We hope you enjoy the updated Operator voices. Pre and Post-New War Operator voices will be the familiar ones you’re accustomed to.
Additionally, a new Accessibility setting has been added titled ‘Hold Button for Struggle Action’. This allows you to choose either ‘Hold’ or ‘Tap’ when confronted with a struggle context action, where typically mashing of a button would be requested. We recommend that you put this setting to your preference before initiating The New War Quest to ensure you have the best experience. Players can turn this on in the Controls options menu at any time in the quest, just above the Archwing section.
A significant amount of effort has gone into leveraging new graphics technologies for the levels seen in The New War. The Playstation 5 already uses this setting.
***You cannot Replay The New War Quest once it has been completed in this Update. It is a potential 2022 addition. Take your time and we hope you enjoy it!
NOTE: There are 5 New Weapons Available after The New War. We will not be denoting them here for spoilers, but seek them out once you’ve done the Quest! Additionally, some Booster top-ups occur at the end of The New War.
NEW WARFRAME – CALIBAN
This is Caliban, the survivor, the adaptor, and heir to the twin kingdoms of biological and Sentient life. Free him from the aberrant path he was consigned to by his creator: Erra.
*Caliban’s base Blueprint can be found in the Market with his Component Blueprints acquired via new Bounty missions unlocked after the completion of the New War Quest. Caliban’s Prex Card can also be found after completion of The New War Quest at a new location.
(PASSIVE) ADAPTIVE ARMOR
Allies within Affinity range gain up to 50% resistance to the types of damage they are currently taking.
- Note that this does not stack additively with the Adaptation mod
Become a spinning vortex of death. Hold the Attack button (left mouse default) to accelerate the maelstrom, increasing damage or target an enemy by tapping the Attack button (left mouse default) to dash toward them. Hitting enemies inflicted with Sentient Wrath creates a destructive blast.
Smash the ground sending out a radial wave of destruction. Those not killed by the initial blast are helplessly lifted into the air, where they take amplified damage for a short time.
*Sentient Wrath is Caliban’s Helminth Subsume ability.
Call on Caliban’s Sentient aspect to produce up to three Conculyst comrades to fight by his side, and repair his shields.
Converge three streams of raw energy upon a single point, causing a massive reactive blast. The fallout from the blast will strip the armor and shields from all enemies that touch it.
**Don’t miss Caliban’s Noble & Agile Animations! Featuring our first male-presenting Warframe with a floating animation!
Caliban’s signature scythe, forged from a limb wrenched off a fallen Eidolon centuries ago. 50% increased Melee Combo Counter Chance when wielded by Caliban.
A Sentient spinal symbiote that functions as Caliban’s signature Syandana.
A docile Sentient entity that can be used as a weapon decoration.
CALIBAN CRANION HELMET
A fearsome alternative helmet to give Caliban a look he has not worn since the Old War.
POST-NEW WAR VAGUE SPOILERS: Review after completing Quest.
HARROW PRIME HAS ARRIVED!
The inquisitor eternal arises, hallowed by the Void, preaching a gospel of iron and flame.
Smite the unrighteous with Harrow Prime’s signature speargun.
Ring a funeral toll upon enemy skulls with Harrow Prime’s signature pistol.
NAVE PRIME SYANDANA
Invest Harrow Prime with this golden Syandana of holy office.
TEMPLAR PRIME SUIT
The dress uniform worn with pride by Harrow’s faithful legions.
PLUS! As an added Harrow QoL change, we’ve made some tweaks to his kit.
Harrow and Harrow Prime now have the ‘Preparation’ style Mod behaviour as a Passive, meaning Harrow now has +100% Maximum Energy is filled on Spawn.
- Radius growth now scales with Range.
- Added a (non scaling) area-of-effect around Harrow that gets hit by it, similar to Proteas Blaze Artillery, to address hitting enemies that are right on top of you.
- Added an initial burst of healing based on sacrificed Shields.
- Increased Charge Rate.
Ivara Prime, Baza Prime, and Aksomati Prime have entered the Prime Vault!
With the Prime Resurgence Event currently running, these Prime items will not be added to this run of the Resurgence schedule as we are not including 2021 Vaulted items in the event.
Prime Resurgence is our first stab at a larger scale Event to the Vaulting program in lieu of The New War. We’ll have lots to review during and after Prime Resurgence ends to dictate how we move forward.
With this Vaulting comes the shift of the following Syndicate Sacrifices:
- Replaced Perrin Sequence Sacrifice of Baza Prime Stock with Panthera Prime Receiver
- Replaced Perrin Sequence Sacrifice of Ivara Prime Systems with Octavia Prime Chassis
- Replaced Red Veil Sacrifice of Ivara Prime Chassis with Nezha Prime Chassis
Riven Disposition Changes:
If you already wield the power of these Primes or have their Relics in your Inventory, they will remain after the Vaulting.
Legendary Rank 2 Notice:
- While we have enough content to achieve Legendary Rank 2 in this Update, we are postponing the ability to perform the Test until 2022. This decision was not made lightly, we simply did not feel we could perform the necessary testing to release it in this build.
Available in the in-game Market for Platinum! Featuring a new evolving cosmetic set, the Protovyre. A first-of-its-kind cosmetic that permanently evolves as you complete the required tasks.
PROTOVYRE ARMOR (CHEST, SHOULDER & LEG)
An evolving armor set that draws upon Sentient technology. Defeat Sentient enemies with this Armor equipped to unlock two additional looks.
An evolving Syandana that draws upon Sentient technology. Collect Relics and Aya with this Syandana equipped to unlock two additional looks.
An evolving Ephemera that draws upon Sentient technology. Earn Focus with this Ephemera to unlock two additional looks.
How the Protovyre Cosmetics work:
Each cosmetic tier is permanently unlocked and available in your Arsenal as its own unique attachment once the required task is complete. Starting at the Protovyre tier, followed by the Protovyre Emergent tier and the final Protovyre Apex tier. Progress towards each tier is saved and can be returned to at any point. Progress can be tracked through the Arsenal description of the cosmetic, and in-mission UI pop-ups.
MESA PROJECTILYST SKIN
Mesa reimaged as the Sentients would have designed her.
VOLT ELECTROLYST SKIN
Volt as he would have been, had the Sentients created him.
KERULYST SENTINEL SKIN
Give your Sentinel the appearance of a Kerulyst, diminutive Sentients that evolved to become robust laborers in the Tau System.
[SPOILERY DESCRIPTION IN THE IN-GAME MARKET- READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!]
NEW PLAYER / EARLY PLAYER EXPERIENCE CHANGES:
In a continued effort to increase the accessibility of main Quest related items (Amp, etc) we’ve reduced Vox Solaris Sacrifice requirements. Those starting out on their Vox Solaris journey should find this allows them to progress through the Syndicate faster to reach the higher tier Offerings:
- Rank 5 (Shadow)
- Crisma Toroid from 5 to 3
- Repeller Systems from 5 to 3
- Rank 4 (Instrument)
- Sola Toroid from 10 to 5
- Repeller Systems from 5 to 3
- Rank 3 (Hand)
- Calda Toroid 10 to 5
- Atmo Systems from 10 to 5
- Rank 2 (Agent)
- Vega Toroid from 10 to 5
- Gyromag Systems from 15 to 8
- Rank 1 (Operative)
- Calda Toroid from 2 to 1
- Vega Toroid from 2 to 1
- Sola Toroid from 2 to 1
- Optimized the Railjack HUD.
- Optimized performance related to Noggles.
- Made multiple micro-optimizations to the memory footprint.
- Made systemic micro-optimizations to level loading.
- Optimized several aspects of Transmission updating.
- Made system micro-optimizations for Playstation.
- We’ve changed the “SKIP CINEMATIC” confirmation when playing Quests to a “HOLD TO CONFIRM” instead of clicking OK. This is aimed to save players (like myself) who accidentally skip cinematics from button mashing, which could heavily hinder the Quest storyline experience.
- This change does not affect regular gameplay cinematic skipping (mission fly-in / drop-down, etc).
- Companions will now receive 100% of the Affinity from kills you make. This matches shared Affinity functionality (you receive 100%, Companion receives 100%).
- Moved the Ghoul Bounty Aya drop to the Final phase as opposed to being in a majority of the Phases. As indicated here.
- Updated the Operator Voice icons to better reflect their titles.
You may have already noticed this upon login, but emails displayed on the Login screen will now always be censored, regardless of having Creator Mode enabled or not. Your email will display only the first and last two letters before the domain, with the letters in between censored as asterisks. Additionally, we have updated the login email lock icon hover text to read ‘Unlock and clear Email’ to clarify its function.
- Creator Mode still censors your email to be all asterisk.
- The email domain is not censored by default, so if you wish to hide your entire email, please use the Creator Mode toggle in your Gameplay settings.
- Moved the K-Drive Race objective markers down closer to the actual K-Drive instead of floating many meters above.
- Increased back away distance for Grineer Lancers finding cover, so that they can shoot for longer.
- Enemies are now more likely to throw grenades at a target in cover.
- Removed Tenet Livia, Primary Kitgun beam-based weapons, Cadus, and Volnus Prime from the Conclave.
- These new weapons slipped into the Conclave without a proper balance pass.
- Set max instances on Mirage’s Eclipse loops so they don’t multiply out of control when Hall of Mirrors is used.
- Adjusted the Grineer Rampart context action offset to prevent clipping with the mesh.
- AI cover positions have been tweaked to be more consistent.
- Brachiolysts will now take damage when disarmed instead of equipping electroprods.
- Decals on Harrow’s Condemn now uses Deferred Rendering for better performance.
- Made slight adjustments to the Spritsail Prime Chest Plate when equipped on Nidus.
- Rescue Targets are now far more unlikely to go after an AFK player over an active player.
- Juno Geminex Moas’ projectiles’ AOE damage now respects line-of-sight and won’t deal damage through cover.
- Changed the Dojo Orokin Lab description to “Void focused research” to remove outdated Solar Rails indication.
- The Quest Codex section is now ordered based roughly on intended order of progression! The Quests you have yet to complete will remain at the top of the list for ease of access.
- Shading improvements have been made to older hair materials to add more depth!
- Fixed Companions not receiving shared Affinity from other players when you are in Necramech or Operator.
- Fixed a script crash in The War Within Quest when Transferring to Operator.
- Fixed inability to proceed in the Junction Specter fight if you died at the exact moment the Specter also perished.
- Fixed a spot-load that could occur shortly after an enemy Kuva Lich spawned.
- Fixed Steel Path Hijack escort object having normal level Health.
- Fixed enemies struggling to target the Hijack escort target.
- Fixed Junction Specter being of normal level when attempting to complete it in Steel Path.
- Fixed Client players seeing “Mission Failed” screen after leaving Railjack between missions.
- Fixed Transferring between Operator and Warframe in The Index would duplicate the Financial Stress debuff.
- Fixed an issue with spot-loading Archwing, K-Drive, Necramech, etc. when returning to the Orbiter (i.e. loading screen when returning to ship would “freeze” while fading out).
- Fixed being able to ragdoll yourself through Cambion Drift doors using the K-Drive.
- Fixed Titania’s Solstice skin missing the ‘Prime Details’ toggle.
- Fixed the hit effect missing from the Hek and Sobek.
- Fixed Aya dropped in Open Zone Bounties having stretched icon images.
- Fixed players not taking damage over time outside a Purifier bubble if Armor is 0% in Infested Salvage missions (Oestrus, Eris).
- Fixed Yareli being able to enter Orphix fields by riding into it on Merulina.
- Fixed the Operator energy circle in the bottom right of the screen being greyed out.
- Fixed being unable to install the Forma you purchase from the Arsenal Warframe upgrade screen.
- Fixed locked Nightwave Acts showing how-to instructions for completing the Act. Only unlocked Acts will show how-to instructions to avoid spoilers.
- Fixed script error when opening Prime Resurgence schedule from Varzia’s wares.
- Fixed Mind Controlling a Thrall as Nyx preventing it from being killed by a melee finisher.
- Fixed missing button callouts to move mouse/joystick left/right while rotating a decoration.
When the left button rotates a decoration, you now get a hint to move the right stick left/right, similar to when scaling, you get a hint to move the stick up/down.
- Fixed Clients joining Host missions not seeing pickup resources after a Host Migration.
- Fixed Gauss’s gauge in Redline having a puffy smoke effect around it.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the plus icon in the squad panel while in Solo mode would give two error popups.
- Fixed the Vacuum-type mods (either Sentinel or Companion based) not working all the time if Clients playing Yareli are riding Merulina.
- Fixed being ejected from K-Drive and falling through when driving into the map border of the Plains of Eidolon when over water.
- Fixed script error with the Teralyst.
- Fixed issue with Transmissions sometimes being inaudible.
- Fixed script error with the Aerolyst’s projectiles.
- Fixed issue where boss fights can be triggered while the player is out of room as Operator, locking them out of the fight.
- Fixed animation issues where enemies would switch back and forth if you shot at the ground near them.
- Fixed being able to dodge Trading zone restrictions in Maroo’s Bazaar around Varzia by jumping.
- Fixed spot-loading from generating Kuva Lich weapons from Larvlings in-mission.
- Fixed Dojo Decorate Mode HUD legend only showing two options if opened through the Dojo console rather than the menu.
- Fixed missing Tenno Guide prompts after some Quest stage completions.
- Fixed script error when duplicating Decorations.
- Fixed several Armor attachments clipping through Nidus’ Kuvael Scrounger Skin.
- Fixed a harmless script error that could occur when fighting the Exploiter Orb.
- Fixed a script error that could occur if you caught a Fish soon after a Host migration.
- Fixed Deimos Claws Skin appearing incorrectly in mission when equipped to Keratinos.
- Fixed the Archwing loadout preview not functioning after changing your Necramech weapon.
- Fixed Juggernaut’s stomp attacks no longer spawning new enemies.
- Fixed inability to place Decorations properly on the Codex table in the Orbiter.
- Fixed a flickering glass texture in one of the Corpus Outpost Spy windows of the central tower when viewed from the doorway into the room.
- Fixed Chains of Harrow Quest mission on the Corpus Ship tileset being overly dark.
- Fixed inability to view the Railjack Mods Worm’s Torment and Granum’s Nemesis in the Codex.
- Fixed Stalker spawning in a Junction and pushing you outside of the level.
- Fixed Disarming an enemy who is held by Xaku Gaze, Loki Radial Disarm, Baruuk Desolate Hands & Serene Storm, Naramon Disarming Blast, Mag Magnetized Discharge Augment, or Kubrow Neutralize results in them counting as a required kill for mission progress.
- Fixed multiple issues when rapidly clicking Quests in the Codex.
- Fixed Syndicate Relic Pack incorrectly stating a “guaranteed Rare”, as it was pulling the description from the Market Relic Pack.
- Fixed Nightwave Act description for Day Trader claiming only 1 win is required when in fact it’s 3.
- Fixed Titania’s Razorwing kills in normal ground missions counting toward the ‘From On High’ Challenge progress.
- Fixed seeing “Ungilded Moa” instead of “Ungilded Hound” when attempting to Polarize.
- Fixed Landing Craft Skin hover information always saying you don’t own the respective Landing Craft even when you do.
- Fixed Augments not being properly marked as owned in the Syndicate Offerings.
- Fixed a handful of Syandanas not sitting properly on Railjack Crew Members.
- Fixed seeing “Bounty Failed” UI and “Rounds Complete 1” if a Host and Client complete 2 full rounds of an endless Bounty in the Cambion Drift, start the 3rd round but then extract to the Necralisk.
- Fixed the hoops attached to the waist of base Equinox Skin clipping through the leg when equipped on Equinox prime.
- Fixed overly aggressive UI shake while standing within Vome residue hotspot in the Cambion Drift.
- Fixed inability to duplicate Ayatan Statues in the Dojo if available in the Vault.
- Fixed normal Star Chart nodes being locked after an Event expires (e.g. Necralisk after Night of Naberus).
- Fixed Mods marked as “NEW” throughout the mission not having the “NEW” tag on the End of Mission screen.
- Fixed one of Vor’s taunt Transmissions playing twice in two different missions during Vor’s Prize Quest.
- Tyl Regor’s Shield now has a Shield Regeneration delay of 2 seconds, compared to how it instantly regenerates currently, to provide newer players more of a fighting chance.
Download free Warframe update 2.05 and 2.06 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.