Valheim update 0.217.28 is available on PC (Steam) and Xbox One. According to the official Valheim patch notes, the latest update introduces seasonal items like the Jack-o-turnip and a new pointy hat into the game, upgrades the game engine to Unity 2022, and includes numerous optimizations and bug fixes. Apart from this, Valheim patch 0.217.28 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a major Valheim update 0.212.7 added Valheim Mistlands update added new contents, a new biome, 9 new creatures and Mistlands boss. Unfortunately, players are still facing various issues with the game. Today’s Valheim game update 217.28 will address a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
Valheim Patch Notes – November 7, 2023
Fixes & Improvements:
- Jack-o-turnip enabled. Spooky season!
- New seasonal item: Pointy hat
- Added a new “Render scale” graphics setting that enables the main camera to be rendered at a lower resolution than the viewport and UI
- Improved automatic input switching so that connected gamepads with stick drift no longer take over control when playing with keyboard and mouse
- Optimized code that determines which objects in the world to instantiate, lowering the baseline CPU time by up to 5%
- Optimized structural integrity calculations, massively decreasing CPU time in areas with large builds
- Optimized enemy AI
- Optimized underwater logic
- Re-enabled objects to have more than 255 KVPs of arbitrary data of the same value type (important for some mods)
- Fixed a bug that could cause traps to trigger multiple times in multiplayer depending on how many players were near it
- Engine upgraded to Unity 2022
- Upgraded Steamworks.NET and PlayFab Party libraries to newer versions
- Engine-side optimizations for dedicated servers
- Tweaked boss spawning to prevent them from occasionally getting stuck when spawning
- Fixed bug that caused clicking sounds when selecting building pieces via controller
- Localization updated
Download free Valheim game patch 0.217.28 on PC(Steam).