Valheim update 0.209.5 is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Valheim 0.209.5 patch notes, the latest update added gameplay tweaks, changes, and improvements. Apart from this, Valheim patch 0.209.5 also includes performance fixes.
Previously, a major update added plenty of new content to Valheim, expanding your gameplay options by introducing new mechanics, furniture, building pieces, food, weapons, optimizations, and more.
Unfortunately, players are still facing various issues with the game. Today’s Valheim version 0.209.5 will address a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
Fixed a bug where trolls would not get staggered correctly sometimes
* Map key legend fixes and remove map icon gamepad mapping set to LB
* Various small fixes to Frost Cave rooms
* Fixed a bug related to pausing after being in debugmode and changing server
* Upgrade function will now remember the selected object when upgrading
* Fixed a bug where the split stack number sometimes would not be visible on high resolutions
* Fixed a bug where sometimes smelters would not always use the correct amount of coal
* Fixed some items not being covered in snow
* Hotbar selection marker now more visible on light backgrounds when using gamepad
* The ‘resetsharedmap’ console command added and various devcommands improvements
* Buying items from the trader on gamepad no longer buys twice, plus some interface tweaks
* Keyboard & gamepad hints for inventory screen
* Picking up your tombstone will now try to stack items
* Fixed an issue where tombstones sometimes would be unreachable in Swamp trees.
The bug with Valheim saves would cause players to lose progress if they were playing on multiple accounts on the same PC. To solve this, we have done some changes to how the game saves:
From now on cloud saves are saved under the Steam userdata folder. Local save files for dedicated servers and multi account machines will be stored in a new “_local” folder next to the old save file location, and the old save file location will still be there but nothing new will be saved there. You will be able to see which characters and worlds are located on the Cloud and which ones are locally stored or not yet moved out of the old folders. When starting a local save with Cloud saves enabled in Steam, the file will be moved to the Steam Cloud and a local backup will be kept. Dedicated servers will still only use the local folder though, as this can be started outside of your steam login.
Download free Valheim update 0.209.5 on PC(Steam).