A new Valheim update 0.207.20 is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Valheim 0.207.20 patch notes, the latest update added new content, fixes, and improvements. Apart from this, Valheim patch 0.207.20 also optimised the game for the Steam Deck
Previously, a mjaor update added plenty of new content to Valheim, expanding your gameplay options by introducing new mechanics, furniture, building pieces, food, weapons, optimizations, and more.
Unfortunetly, since the last major update, players are facing various issues with the game. Today’s Valheim version 0.207.20 will address a few of these issues. Check out more details below.
What is new in Valheim 0.207.20 Changelog? – March 1st, 2022
- Suddenly… Frost Caves!
- Anniversary drinking horn added. Skål!
Fixes & Improvements:
- Pause function in singleplayer
- Full controller support! (Gamepad legend and alternative glyphs)
- Gamepad text input when running through in steam big picture mode
- UI, settings and Steam Deck fixes
- FPS Limiter and reduced background performance
- Split dialog can take numeric input
- Signs can now be built without a workbench
- Bug fixes and quality of life improvements
- Armour stand now supports atgeirs and shield styles
- Nomap mode tweaks
DETAILED PATCH NOTES
[spoiler]* Frost Caves added as a new dungeon (Will only appear in unexplored areas)
- New enemies: Ulv, Cultist, Bat
- New crafting materials: Red jute, Fenring hair, Fenring claw
- New armour set: Fenris Coat, Fenris Leggings, Fenris Hood (equip all at once for an extra bonus!)
- New weapon: Flesh Rippers (Fists)
- New build pieces: Red jute carpet, Red jute curtain, Standing brazier
- New event: “You stirred the cauldron”[/spoiler]
Fixes & Improvements:
- FPS limiter setting and option to reduce GPU usage when minimised, menu FPS capped to 60
- Various console command improvements and additions, see console ‘help’
- Fixed some dungeon parts not being fully deterministic (ends)
- Nomap mode improvements (vegvisr alternative, nomap is server setting, max distance for shouting, random build/spawn rotation, ‘noportals’ command)
- Resolution now only shows refresh rate when forcing exclusive fullscreen
- Various UI fixes
- Changed name of Unarmed skill to Fists
- Helmets covering the player character’s face should now hide beard
- “Reduce background performance” is available as a setting
- Recipes for Jack-o-turnip + Yule stuff disabled
Quality of Life:
- Building marker is more subtle and indicates piece rotation
- Corpse run gives carry weight bonus to compensate for unequipped belt
- Crafting stackable items while having full inventory now possible if there are are available stack slots
- Fixed a bug where sometimes stackable items won’t be taken when having full inventory and pressing ‘Take All’ in a chest
- Chat can now be closed using esc, mouse or gamepad B
- Full controller support!
- Controller legend visible in pause menu and settings
- Controller text input when running in Steam big picture mode. Chat, characters, signs, pets etc can now be named using the controller.
- Controller mapping of all game features
- Context menus will now always show controller buttons when using controller
- Alternative controller glyph style option
- Skills window scrollable with gamepad
- Crafting can be cancelled if pressing the button again (like with mouse)
- Fixed some missing/misplaced gamepad tooltips
- Steam Deck controller layout shows when playing on Steam Deck
- Loads default settings catered to the Steam Deck
- Improvements for several community translated languages
Download free Valheim update 0.207.20 on PC(Steam).