Ultrakill update (Patch 8b Lukewarmfix) is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Ultrakill patch notes, the latest update added a long list of bug fixes and gameplay changes. Apart from this, the Ultrakill patch also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big update was released with a long list of quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are facing several issues. Ultrakill patch will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Ultrakill Patch Notes (Patch 8b Lukewarmfix) – August 23, 2021
- Added red soul orb to spawnables.
- Holding space or the dash button will now fast-forward through text scrolls.
- Added a tablet that appears in the Mysterious Druid Knight’s sarcophagus after the fight.
- Added an early access end screen after 4-4.
- Updated the visuals for dual wield orbs that count as secrets and red orbs that don’t count as secrets to have a clearer consistent visual language.
- Skipping a cutscene will now charge your weapons up to the amount where they would be charged if the cutscene hadn’t been skipped.
Sisyphean Insurrectionist changes:
- Sisyphean Insurrectionist parries now heal and give the parry style bonus
- Sisyphean Insurrectionist Cyber Grind special token cost has been reduced back down to 1
- Sisyphean Insurrectionist health has been slightly increased (60 -> 75 normally, 90 -> 110 in 4-2 boss fight)
- Sisyphean Insurrectionists will now instakill enemies they fall on
- Improved nail physics
- Magnets now get automatically destroyed when the enemy they’re attached to dies
- Fixed bug where nails would disappear after 5 seconds even if being pulled by a magnet
- Very slightly reduced blue nailgun’s base damage (0.225 per nail to 0.205)
- If a nail hits a dead enemy, it will no longer attach to it if in the radius of a magnet to stop corpses from ruining nail traps
- Magnets attached to enemies are no longer breakable to avoid accidentally breaking them while shooting at the enemy with a hitscan weapon
- Fixed bug where red explosions didn’t deal double damage to living enemies
- Fixed explosive projectiles (Hideous Mass and Cerberus) not colliding with the environment
- Dual wielded charger revolvers no longer mismatch charge amounts
- Fixed Mindflayers not giving the “BIG KILL” style bonus on death
- The blue skull arena Malicious Faces in 4-2 as well as The Cerberus, Malicious Faces and Hideous Mass in 1-3 are now lit correctly
- Reduced the first 4-2 Stalker’s preparation time from 5 seconds to the previous 3 to avoid unnecessary waiting on replays
- Fixed a bug where a Cerberus’ projectile throw would sometimes hit the Cerberus itself
- Malicious beams (Face and railcannon) will no longer explode on a coin instead of reflecting/chargebacking if the beam just barely misses the coin hitbox
- Fixed 4-4 outro getting fucky if the player dies while V2 is flying off at the end of the second phase
- Fixed the spawner arm preview for Cerberus
- Fixed small gaps in the Sandbox lake geometry
- Fixed a visual bug where the second weapon would be positioned incorrectly if the player picked up a dual wield powerup while holding a book
- Swordsmachines in the Cyber Grind now also become red when enraged
- 0-2 Swordsmachine teases no longer unlock its bestiary entry
- 0-2 classic-style dead husk decorations no longer unlock the Cerberus bestiary entry
- The aura around virtues in their first appearance in 4-1 no longer stops emitting after a couple of seconds
- Fixed the 4-4 to main menu black screen still happening in specific circumstances
- Fixed a culling issue with the Schism and Swordsmachine, causing them to become invisible at the edges of the screen
- Hideous Mass will no longer lose the sandification glow effect when enraged
- Improved performance on 4-4 V2 fight
- Fixed an issue where sliding into the level exit pit in a specific way would cause the player to get stuck
Download free Ultrakill patch on PC.