The Sims 4 update 1.60 is available to download on PS4, PC, and Xbox One is now available to download. According to the official Sims 4 1.60 patch notes, the latest update added new features and addressed lag and CPU related issues. Apart from this, Sims 4 patch 1.60 also includes general stability and performance improvements.
Previously, a major Pronouns update was released with some minor tweaks and fixes. Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Sims 4 version 1.60 will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
The Sims 4 Patch 1.60 Notes – June 14, 2022
- Lunar Cycles
- CAS Updates
- Small Telescope
The Sims 4
- Why shouldn’t Sims be able to nap in a bush that’s been… partied in? We couldn’t think of a good reason, so we fixed it! Sweet dreams.
- The floors will no longer disappear on Low/Medium graphics settings for 2019 16″ MacBook Pro users.
- It’s a good day for 2019 16″ MacBook Pro users. Potentially more important than the ground not disappearing, the game will also not crash when on Low graphics settings.
You know how when you’d make a picture frame black, then change it to another color, and then change your mind and decide that black really was the right option and you’d try to change it back but it wouldn’t go back to black? Well that doesn’t happen anymore! Your indecision is secure!
- If you looked at the pack preview screenshots on Origin, some of The Sims4 packs had more screenshots than when previewing a pack on the main menu, so we made sure that each pack that had at least four screenshots on Origin also had at least four screenshots in our main menu, because our main menu felt jealous, and now it doesn’t.
- The ymBody_EF01BusinessSuitMed_WarmGray suit was clipping through itself when a Sim would sit in it. Really, the clipping collected a lot of crumbs and got the suit dirty, so it was a problem that needed fixed. Fancy Sims everywhere rejoice!
- I’m not very tech-savvy myself, but our engineers fixed an issue where low/medium settings on Retina displays (which I had no clue were a thing) was causing graphical issues on lots.
- There were some unnecessary blue blocks in the Tutorials section of the Game Options Menu for Xbox, so we got rid of those. They were strange. Strange and blue… and very boxy. Too suspicious for us!
- 3… 2… 1… blast off! Sometimes Sims were unable to build rocket ships, but that is no longer the case!
- The Proper trait now has text in Russian. No longer will players stare at the icon of a person bowing with no guidance as to what it means!
- If a Sim aspiring to be a Self-Care Specialist wants to complete the “Hustle” goal, they should be able to! And now they can. The world needs more hustle.
Russian and Polish translations for one of the new aspirations were being cut off in UI when you went to select a new Aspiration. Now the tooltips say what they should!
Realm of Magic
- Already powerful Spellcasters that seemed “stuck” will now receive additional perk points when the XP bar fills to maximum. Need I warn you all that fixing this was probably a bad idea? Does the world really need more powerful Spellcasters? This is how you get magical super villains!
We fixed an issue where Spellcasters and Aliens were having children with incomplete genetics data. It sort of makes sense, since they are Aliens, but also it wasn’t a good experience because once that child became a teen, they would be missing pants. And underwear. With no censor grid… So yeah.
Dream Home Decorator
- When a Sim with level 10 in the Interior Decorator career does a level addition gig, they can now add additional levels, walls, stairs, and delete items on walls.
- Decorator Sims who attempt to do a Basement Gym Level Addition gig are now able to add basements. Sim afraid of working out underground will not be pleased with this update.
- The ymTop_GP10JeanJacket will now appear in the catalog as a feminine style choice.
My Wedding Stories
- Gloves should accessorize a dress, not change it, and for the yfBody_GP11DressBridePrincess dress this is now true! No longer will gloves have an undesirable texture overlay.
There once was a magical left-handed ring, that when worn, would replace the texture of any other ring put on the same finger of the opposite hand with its own. This was a dark magic, an evil magic, and so The Sims 4 developers put a stop to it! They said, “No more! Stay on your own finger, foul ring beast!” Now you can wear this ring and another ring on the same finger but opposite hand and they will look different! All is as it should be.
- Dmaps have been updated for ymBody_GP11SuitFlowing_Red, which pretty much means that it looks less wobbly. Nobody likes a wobbly suit.
- When you pull the camera in and out for windows windowMISHigh2x1x4_02 and windowMISHigh1x1x3_02, they will now change LoDs as desired. The Laurents won’t be quite so confused now when they come and go from their mansion.
- That awkward moment when a Sim leans in to kiss while Slow Dancing and fails… well it’s even more awkward now because they’re actually touching and their hands aren’t floating. Or is that less awkward? We aren’t sure.
- Addressed CPU related issues.
- Addressed various lag and game crashing bugs.
- Added general stability fixes.
- Added performance improvements.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Download free Sims 4 patch 1.60 for PS4 and Xbox One.