The Sims 4 update 1.59 for PS4, PC(18.104.22.1680), and Xbox One is now available to download. According to the official Sims 4 1.59 patch notes, players can now add custom pronouns to their Sims in Create A Sim. Apart from this, Sims 4 patch 1.59 also includes other bug fixes.
Previously, a big update added fixes for My Wedding Stories and some other fixes.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues while playing the game. Today’s Sims 4 version 1.59 will fix a few of these issues.
The Sims 4 Patch 1.59 Notes – May 24, 2022
Customizable Pronouns Now Available in Create A Sim
We’re happy to announce that as of today, you will be able to customize your Sims’ pronouns in Create A Sim (CAS) in The Sims 4 if your game client is set to English.
To change the pronouns for your Sim, simply click on the ‘Hello, my name is…’ tab next to the plumbob. You’ll see the ‘Custom Pronouns’ drop down menu where you’ll be able to select from They/Them, She/Her, He/Him, and Custom Pronouns.
If you’ve chosen to use custom pronouns the feature will automatically change pronouns that show up when referring to the Sim to match what you’ve chosen. While the feature has been fully tested, there may be instances where the incorrect conjugation of pronouns or the default pronoun of the assigned gender may still appear due to the intricacies of grammar in English. We’ll be working to improve the feature over time, so please let us know if you run into instances where the incorrect pronoun is displayed on this Answers HQ thread.
Initially, the customizable pronouns feature will only be available in English, however we plan on rolling out the feature to all 18 languages over time. At launch, custom pronouns can be uploaded to the Gallery and used in English only.
For this first iteration of the feature we focused on pronouns. While pronouns are a very important piece when it comes to greater inclusivity for The Sims 4, we understand that customizable pronouns will not make the game 100-percent gender neutral. You will still see instances of gendered language in the game such as mother, father, policeman, policewoman, etc.
Making The Sims 4 more inclusive of gender neutrality is an ongoing learning and development process for us and we will continue to update this feature over time. For now, we hope the ability to choose your preferred and custom pronouns for your Sims will make your game feel more welcoming and kind.
The Sims 4
- We’ve reduced clipping around the ears while using the braided hair with the red bow.
- The ‘Change Game’ interaction should now appear when interacting with the “Don’t Wake the Llama” table game.
- Added the Customizable Pronouns to the game.
- Added stability and performance improvements.
- Pulling a prank and breaking the toilet is all fun and games, until you can’t repair it which is exactly what happened to the Sweet Escapes Country Toilet. The toilet is now repairable by your skilled Sims or by calling in a repair service.
- While planning an event, jumping between Invite Sims and Select a Place tabs will be accurately reflected in the tab icons.
- The Origin In-Game overlay on PC should resize to the correct resolution if it was open during game client resolution changes.
- Selecting the button on a video window before the video finished playing was leaving some players with a gray screen. This should no longer happen.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Download free Sims 4 patch 1.59 for PS4 and Xbox One.