The Planet Zoo update 1.7.1 (Oct 12, 2021) is now rolling out on PC. According to the official The Planet Zoo patch notes, the latest update added some social behavior changes. Apart from this, the Planet Zoo patch 1.7.1 also includes various bug fixes.
Previously, a major update added a couple of new Mapping Tools, giving you the ability to create custom heightmaps to alter your starting terrain, and also adding in a range of premade Terrain Type maps for players to use as a base – no more starting with a flat canvas (unless you want to!).
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing several issues since the last major patch. Today’s The Planet Zoo patch 1.7.1 will address a few of these errors.
The Planet Zoo Patch 1.7.1 Notes – Oct 12, 2021
General Bug Fixes and Improvements
- We have adjusted the American Alligator’s social group size based on feedback. Initial group sizes had been chosen based on the aggression potential shown by the species and some zoos only keeping solitary animals
- New group sizes are as follows:
- Mixed: 1 male, 5 females
- Male bachelor groups: 6 males
- Female bachelor groups: 6 females
- As part of this change, we have reduced the additional land, water and deep water space requirements for the American Alligator, so that bigger group sizes do not balloon the overall space requirements
- Addressed a typo in the US-English version of the American Alligator’s Zoopedia referring to the Saltwater Crocodile instead
- Addressed a typo in the US-English version of the North American Beaver’s Zoopedia not properly describing its barrier requirements
- Addressed the fur fading out too quickly on Moose
- Beaver Dam female animation Addressed where previously mud particles were floating incorrectly
- Addressed an issue where some of the Opaque Glass Panel assets flexicolour channels did not function correctly
- Addressed an issue where guest wouldn’t teleport if a Path Barrier is blocking the exit of a Transport Ride
- Animal Talk Seating Improvements:
- Animal Talk Seats now have buttons to link them to an Animal Talk Point
- “Use Seating Room Only” has been replaced with “Allow Guest Standing” with functionality of toggle flipped (existing seating will adjust to reflect this change)
- Improvements to UI text and flow for setting up Animal Talk Seating
- General stability fixes for Animal Talk Seating
- Guest navigation stability fixes
- Game Modes
- Added snow on load to Tundra Sculpted maps to match flat versions
- Addressed the game sometimes becoming unresponsive when switching tabs in Animal Trading
- Corrected translations for the random scenery rotation shortcut key control setting
- Addressed the audio continuing to play through the speaker from the preview, after clicking cancel
- Addressed a potential crash when rapidly switching filters in the Zoopedia
- General stability fixes
- General performance fixes
Download free The Planet Zoo update 1.7.1 for PC.