Starfield update 4 (v1.8.86) is available to download on PC and Xbox. According to the official Starfield patch notes, the latest update introduces Nvidia DLSS support, enhancing graphics on compatible Nvidia cards. A new feature allows players to ingest food and drink items found in the game world. Apart from this, Starfield patch 4 also includes various performance, gameplay, graphic, and quest-related fixes.
Recently, a major update 1 added various tweaks and changes. Unfortunetly, since the release, players are experiencing various bug fixes and errors. Today’s Starfield update 1.8.86 will fix a few of these issues.
Read more details below.
Starfield Patch 4 Notes – November 21, 2023
- Nvidia DLSS Support:
- Added support for Nvidia DLSS.
- Compatible Nvidia graphic cards can now use features like DLSS Super Resolution, Deep Learning Anti-aliasing, Nvidia Reflex Low Latency, and DLSS Frame generation.
- Let Them Eat!:
- Introduced the ability for players to ingest food and drink items found in the environment.
- Players can choose to consume these items immediately or save them for later use.
Fixes and Improvements
- Performance and Stability:
- Addressed memory issues and leaks.
- Implemented GPU performance optimizations, especially beneficial for higher-end cards.
- Improved renderer threading model to enhance CPU usage on higher-end systems.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Added the ability to eat food placed in the world.
- Adjusted stealth mechanics for more forgiveness.
- Resolved visual issues like Andreja’s cloaking bug, weapon firing issues, NPCs without clothes, and skill challenge progression problems.
- Fixed camera shake issues and issues related to the home ship and ship services technician.
- Fixed ambient occlusion issues in ultrawide resolutions.
- Optimized shader compilation on start-up.
- Added Brightness and Contrast adjustments in the Display Settings.
- Added HDR Brightness adjustment (Xbox & Windows 11 only).
- Addressed material, lighting, shadows, terrain, and vegetation visual issues.
- Improved the appearance of crowd characters’ eyes.
- Fixed issues related to DLSS and new FOV slider options.
- Fixed specific issues in quests like “All That Money Can Buy,” “Blast Zone,” “Echoes of the Past,” “Eye of the Storm,” “Grunt Work,” “No Sudden Moves,” “Operation Starseed,” “Sabotage,” and “Short Sighted.”
- These fixes include resolving issues with NPC interactions, quest item availability, and control locks.
Download free Starfield patch 4 on PC and Xbox Series X/S.