Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is now available on PC. Unfortunately, since the release, players are experiencing various bugs and online issues. Today, we have compiled a list of Spiderman PC known issues, bugs, and glitches.
Check out more details below.
List of Spiderman Known Issues, Bugs, and Fixes – August 18, 2022
The game freezes and stutters while swinging through the city
- HDD can severely impact the performance of the game. This can result in long pauses, freezes, lag or stutters while traversing through the city at high speeds, especially at higher Graphics settings.
Recommended: SSD drive for better performance.
Unable to take a photo of the Empire State Building
- Some players have reported being unable to take a photo of the Empire State Building, blocking progression. This issue is related to the Intel CPUs. A fix is coming soon.
Spider Man Launch Error or Won’t start properly
- Please make sure that your game files are not damaged. This can be done on PC(Steam), please right -click on the game in your library and then click on properties -> local files -> verify.
- Open Steam parameters (Steam > Parameters)
- Select the tab “Downloads“
- Click on the button “Clear download cache“
Also, disable the Antivirus and run the game.
Black Screen Issue
- If you start a game and only see a black screen, try waiting 10-15 minutes on the black screen, the game may take some time to load on older hardware or high video settings. If the issue persists you can try repairing the game files and/or try restarting your PC.
Spiderman PC crashes after startup
- There is a bug where the game crashes shortly after startup on PC. The fix will be available soon.
Stuck on the Spiderhack Story Mission
Insomniac Games is looking into this issue. There are two known workarounds so you can continue your playthrough. Please read below for more.
- Option #1 – If you are using a 60Hz screen, you can enable V-sync to bring their framerate back to 60. This will not work for users with a high refresh rate monitor (120Hz, 144Hz)
- Option #2 – Switch to Exclusive Fullscreen and then set the Refresh Rate to 60Hz or lower. This should work for everyone, regardless if they have a high refresh rate monitor or not.
After changing these setting restart from the previous checkpoint. The workaround will not work if you do not restart from previous checkpoint.
Video Memory Crash
Players are reporting Spiderman PC crashes with the following warning:
“The game has crashed due to using more video memory than currently available on this PC. Please try lowering your graphics settings, lowering your resolution, and closing any unnecessary background applications before running the game again.”
Workaround: Try the following and restart your computer afterwards:
How to change page file size
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard
- type sysdm.cpl and press enter.
- Go to the Advanced tab and press Settings under the Performance section.
- Press the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window.
- Under Virtual memory, press Change.
- Tick the box for Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
Lower your graphical settings
If you have an older computer, a low-end GPU or laptop, this crash might occur because the available VRAM and system memory is not enough for the selected graphical settings. Choose a lower resolution, or a lower graphics preset.
Windows Version Error in Spider-Man PC
- There are multiple reports from people getting error messages even though they have a newer Windows version, for example Windows 11. Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered uses DirectX Agility SDK, which requires Window 10 version 1909 (Build18363) or newer.
Workaround: This problem might occur when Steam.exe is running in compatibility mode. Please make sure compatibility mode is off:
- Go to the Steam installation folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
- Right click Steam.exe.
- Go to Compatibility and make sure it is not enabled.
Spider Man PC Stuttering/ FPS Drop/ Graphics issues
Please make sure that you are in the range of official recommended system specs. The next step will be to check if your drivers are up to date.
Download the new driver and install it: Nvidia GeForce:
Check if your configuration meets the minimum requirement on the Steam Store page. Also, update your graphics card drivers from the link below.
Update or repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017
Update or repair Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
- Download it from here
If you’re using a laptop, check if the game runs on the graphic card and not the integrated graphic chipset of the processor
Spiderman save files loading issue (Unable to load save file)
- Players are reporting an issue where the game fails to load the last saved file. The game devs are working to address this issue.
Related: Best Spider-Man PC Graphic Settings
Xbox and PS5 Controller Issues
- There are multiple reports of controller issues.
- Try disconnection any other controllers that might be connected to your system.
- Try disabling Steam Input: right click the game in Steam, select Properties, choose Controller and select Disable Steam Input.
No Sound in Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
- There are multiple reports of no sound-related issues in the game. A fix will roll out soon.
Workaround 1: Change the Volume Mixing
You can change Volume Mixing from the default Windows Volume Mixer to address the audio issue.
- Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right on the Windows Taskbar tray.
- Select Volume Mixer.
- Set the volume for “MultiVersus” is set to Max.
Workaround 2: Update Default Speakers Format
- From the lower-right of your Windows Taskbar, right-click the Speaker icon
- Click on Sounds and then go to the Playback tab
- Now select the device you want to output the audio on
- Right-click on the device, and select Properties
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Change the default format to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)
You also need to make sure to have Spatial Sound or Windows Sonic off.
Many of these bugs are known to the developers, who are working hard to fix them.