Smite update 8.8 details are now available on PS4, PC, and Xbox One players. This patch will be available on August 24, 2021. According to the official Smite 8.8 patch notes, the latest update added a new god, bug fixes, and gameplay optimizations. Apart from this, Smite patch 8.8 also includes a long list of bug fixes and changes.
Previously, a big update added new features and a long list of bug fixes.
Unfortunately, players are experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Smite update 8.8 will fix a few of these issues. Read full details here.
What is new in Smite Patch Notes 8.8?
New Greek God
- Charybdis’ attack speed increases as her Tide increases. Successful Basic Attack hits increase her Tide. Charybdis deals less damage with item effect procs.
- Tide Attack Speed : Attack speed increases up to 10 + 0.75% per level, at max Tide
- Reduction : Item damage reduced by 35%
- Basic Attacks : 2% Tide on Hit
- Charybdis reveals The Maw as it fires large spikes for a short duration dealing Basic Attack damage. These projectiles pass through minions and are wider and faster than normal Basic Attacks. On hitting enemy gods and walls, the spikes splinter dealing additional damage.
- Minion Damage : 60/70/80/90/100% scaling
- Splinter Damage : 10/15/20/25/30 (+10% of your physical power)
- Splinter Tide : 2% Tide per hit
- Duration : 4s
- Cost : 50/55/60/65/70
- Cooldown : 14s
- Charybdis absorbs water from around her before firing a quick blast from The Maw. Enemies are hit by a rapidly decaying Slow and Physical Protection debuff. This ability can be channeled for longer, consuming Tide on fire, to become wider, strengthen the debuff effects and deal more damage. Up to 40% Tide consumed.
- Damage : 80/130/180/230/280 (+85% of your physical power)
- Extra Scaling : 30%
- Slow : 40% on max Tide
- Physical Protection Reduction : 40% on max Tide
- Duration : 4s on max Tide
- Cost : 60/65/70/75/80
- Cooldown : 16/15/14/13/12s
- Charybdis dives into a whirlpool she creates, expanding and revealing the terrifying Maw. Charybdis moves faster and deals damage to enemies caught in the area. This ability can be amplified by toggling it again and spending 30% Tide. Doing so increases the damage dealt and movement speed as well as providing extra damage and a knockup on exiting. While submerged, Charybdis is untargetable and immune to damage for up to 3s.
- Damage : 10/15/20/25/30 (+5% of your physical power) every 0.5s
- Amplified Damage : 20/30/40/50/60 (+10% of your physical power) every 0.5s
- Exit Damage : 60/100/140/180/220 (+65% of your physical power)
- Movement Speed : 20%
- Amplified Movement Speed : 40%
- Cost : 70/75/80/85/90
- Cooldown : 17/16.5/16/15.5/15s
The Maw Hungers
- Charybdis reveals her true nature, becoming immune to Crowd Control for the next 6s, and gaining movement speed. She may make one powerful attack as The Maw charges forward, damaging and carrying back enemies hit before chomping down, damaging again and stunning. If she kills an enemy god with the attack, she gains another 6s and may attack again.
- Charge Damage : 60/90/120/150/180 (+20% of your physical power)
- Bite Damage : 300/400/500/600/700 (+150% of your physical power)
- Movement Speed : 35%
- Stun Duration: 1.3s
- Cost : 100
- Cooldown : 90s
- Ranked leaderboards are undergoing a series of backend engineering changes and fixes. This is not ready to be deployed to live in this update but will continue to be a priority for future updates.
- Role Trade
- Addressed a bug where role trades could sometimes not swap when accepted, and could sometimes still swap even when declined
- Neo Olympia Loading Frame
- Addressed a bug where this would not properly load the card art
- Addressed a bug where spectating arena games would not show the ticket counts
- Addressed a bug where the Drauger’s knockup ignored knockup immunities.
- Ah Puch
- Fixed texture issues on the Galactic Invader skin
- Zhong Kui
- Necomancer skin will no longer T-pose in lobby
- Addressed a bug where certain skins would have animation problems on victory/defeat screens
- Addressed a bug where the Presedential Punisher skin would sometimes not show portal targeters on very long range portals
- Addressed a bug where Bone Rush could deal more damage than intended when used on minions and jungle monsters.
- Leather Cowl
- Addressed a bug where the range of the passive said 66 units, it is intended to be 55 and should now read as 55
- Manikin Hidden Blade
- Updated the text to correctly describe the health damage as % Maximum Health.
- NOTE: This was always how it functioned and given its balance state if felt like keeping it working as it was rather than making it match the text was the most appropriate fix.
- Addressed a bug where this item was dealing incorrect % health damage to jungle bosses and minions.
- Charon’s Coin
- Addressed a bug where this item was providing 15 HP5 rather than the intended 7.
- Seer of the Jungle
- Addressed a bug where the FX despawned before the duration of the buff ended.