Smite update 11.17 patch notes is now rolling out for PS4 and Xbox One players. According to the Smite 11.17 patch notes, the latest update resolve issues related to the stuttering/lag, server performance, game crashing, and more. Apart from this, the latest Smite patch 11.17 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Previously, an update was released with new god (Yoruba) and various bug fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game. Today’s Smite 11.17 is expected to fix all these issues.
Smite Update 11.17 Patch Notes
- Added the following Gods to AI matches and Custom bots:
- Ah Puch
- Baron Samedi
- Erlang Shen
- Hou Yi
- Ne Zha
- Nu Wa
- Xing Tian
- Zhong Kui
- New skins rotating into the Mixer Store
- Chef’s Special Khepri
- Shadowclaw Bastet
- Hun.Bat Hun Batz
- Fixed and issue where a player can start a Gamepad only console match, then switch to their PC and complete it
- Fixed issues with friend referrals not working properly on console
- Fixed Godlike Chests giving Boosters even if you didn’t own everything
- Fixed if a player closes the store after purchasing a chronos pendant and re-opens it, the undo button won’t work.
- Fixed Assault Phoenixes displaying incorrect colors for Order and Chaos
- Updated Learn/Glossary to include ‘Hard Displacement’
- Fixed the Clan Store Chest not updating properly after purchase is made until the player navigates away from the Clan tab and returns
- Fixed end of match lobby “Online Stats” button taking you to incorrect website
- Fixed Ranked queue timer displaying ‘SOO’ instead of timer when in Safemode
- [Switch] Fixed some Coupons from not being able to be selected in Rewards/Coupon UI
- Fixed purple crystals and large rocks in collapsed view experiencing LOD pop ups while flying over solo lane
- Fixed the Pyromancer cauldron disappearing in collapsed view and also causing VFX to float
Fixed an issue where the 2nd fire of this ability was going on cooldown earlier than intended
- Hotfix previous to this patch
- Updated multiple audio effects on the Power Surge skin for better gameplay clarity
- Fixed upper body sometimes remaining stiff after using ability
- Decreased the percentage chance that Cernunnos will make a sound while firing his basic attacks
- Fixed Heretic voice lines playing default skin voice for the intro, abilities, and death
- Fixed passive meter from calculating a +15% mana to health conversion, rather than 20%
- Fixed missing sound for fists closing on Royal Assault with Crimson Queen and Mastery skins
- Fixed ability running out of time and snapping back in some edge cases
- Updated description to state that Allies who are in the landing area also receive a shield
- Hotfix previous to this patch
- Updated multiple audio effects on the Howler Demon skin for better gameplay clarity
- Fixed an issue where Janus could be perma-silenced if Xing Tian uses his Ultimate before entering Portal
- Fixed issues where this ability could be used to get out of bounds on the Joust map
- Fixed Deathbringer skin from using Pendragon grunt sound when performing Twin Cleave (Bladestorm)
- Fixed sword not glowing based on his Energy State when not using High Shader settings
- Hotfix previous to this patch
- Fixed an issue where Blizzard would continue damaging targets after they left the area
- Fixed an issue where lock would stay on Ymir if he was casting Ultimate
- Fixed VXG Bird from t-posing if you perform any other VGS before the animation ends
- Fixed Terror of the Deep Crush projectile fx missing an emitter on low settings
- Hotfix previous to this patch
- Fixed an issue where Sandstorm would continue damaging targets after they left the area
- Added a HUD Minimap Indicator to show which team owns the Pyromancer Buff and time remaining
- Battle Pass
- Battle Passes now have a Prestige Track!
- Completing the Prestige Pass will reward an alternate color version of the Power-Up Hera Skin.
- After the Battle Pass is completed, players will reset to level 1 on the new Prestige Track
- Level will get easier again, as if you were starting the Battle Pass over
- Free players can earn Prestige Pass progress as well
- The usual Free and Premium tracks have not had any changes to their XP requirements or pricing, and rewards are generally in the same places as previous passes
- Console Lobby Chat
- Added a new shortcut to input custom message text
- This uses the same button combo as in-match custom chat, by pressing RB after initiating lobby VGS
- Relocated “I’ll pick assassin / I’ll pick jungle” from RB to LB to make room for custom chat on the same button presses as ingame
- Alternatively custom chat can be access in lobby through LB LB for those who need better category guidance to find the chat
- PC UI Chat Window Updates
- Players can just click into the chat box to type
- Players no longer get preview text, but just a callout for new messages
- Players can use TAB to tab through the active chat channels to chat more easily
- Special Message Window Update
- Special messages about events or new updates will now use UI art and system that matches the newer SMITE UI
- Friends List Update
- Added an Invite to Clan button for clan leaders
- Nintendo Switch now uses Hi-Rez Names instead of gamertags
- Upon first Logging in you will be prompted to update your name
- Names will now be checked for availability and restricted words
- You might need to make a new name
- Linked accounts to PC will not need to make new names
- New Ranked Split
- Split 4 Begins! Players will undergo a soft reset, placing them at a specific division determined by their end of split MMR while also moving players MMR values closer to the average.
- For this split we have reduced the intensity of the MMR soft reset by half. Players should find their MMR values to be significantly closer to their end of split MMR when the new split begins.
- Reduced Conquest Ranked Queue Time
Since the start of Season 6 Ranked Conquest has been on the rise, becoming a more core mode for more and more players. We feel we are currently in a state where we can begin to bring down the Queue Time and still maintain Matchmaking Quality for the mode, so that is what we will do! We will begin this patch by reducing it to a 7 minute queue and will likely experiment with shorter intervals over the course of the patch. The end goal is the shortest queue time with the highest matchmaking quality.
- Reduced Queue time from 9 minutes to 7 minutes.
- NOTES: Ranked is in a healthier state than it has been in a while. Showing MMR and changes to the progression pacing seem to be going well. We can likely reduce queue time now.
- We will watch this and experiment with incremental reductions until we find the point where it causes too much of a strain on the matchmaker. Expect fluctuation over the coming weeks as we run those experiments.
- More Bans in All Ranked Game ModesIncreased Ban Count from 8 to 10 in all Ranked modes.
- The 2 new bans are added at the end of the first ban phase.
- The 2 new bans are added at the end of the first ban phase.
- The 2 new bans are added to the only ban phase.
- Competitive Play will also be using this new ban system, but options will exist in customs to use previous and lower count ban systems.
- Quicker Draft Lobbies
A common issue for players attempting to play Ranked is the time investment for portions of the game that are not actual gameplay. Not only are we tackling that from the queue time perspective but also from how long it takes to draft. We are heavily reducing the amount of time for each individual pick and ban, while increasing the bank time to help communicate key information. This should increase the urgency to pick while ensuring everyone has enough time to make smart drafting decisions.
- Decreased Pick time from 30s to 20s.
- Decreased Ban time from 30s to 15s.
- Increased Bank Time from 30s to 40s.
- New Item Tree : Arthurian
Kicking off the Mid-Season Balance we are bringing in a whole new tree of items! The Arthurian item tree is themed around a Gem of Fate which is crafted into a weapon of legend, empowering the wielder at just the right moment. Each item has a powerful passive effect that is activates when the holder finishes casting their ultimate ability and focuses on pushing classes that can wield it into specific playstyles. Given how different each god can work with these items, we are excited to see the level of experimentation that will come from the community around these items.
PTS Balance Adjustments Notes: We’re so excited to see everyone trying out these new items, and it seems like initial testing suggests these are fairly strong. Want to do small adjustments before they go live and get the full experimentation from everyone. We will keep a close eye on their live performance and make more significant changes if it is needed.
- Tier 1
- Gem of Fate
- Cost : 900
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- Tier 2
- Honed Edge
- Cost : 1600
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- +30 Physical Power
- Apprentice Staff
- Cost : 1600
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- +50 Magical power
- Knight’s Shield
- Cost : 1600
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- +25 Physical Protection
- +25 Magical Protection
- Tier 3
- Fail-not (Builds from Honed Edge)
Fail-not is the bow of Tristan, said to never miss. This item focused on high power, high cooldown, and Critical Strike. While normally not a standard pairing, this item can bridge the gap for Ability Hunters while providing a heavy Critical Strike bonus to standard Basic Attack Hunters. This however is not only a selfish buff, as the Critical Strike chance bonus applies to your allies as well!
- Hunter Only
- Cost : 2800
- +20% Cooldown Reduction
- +45 Physical Power(Reduced from 50)
- +25% Critical Strike Chance
- Passive – After you finish casting your Ultimate Ability, your next ability cast within 5 seconds that damages an enemy god marks them, increasing the chance they will be Critically Struck by 15% for 10 seconds. Can only trigger once every 45 seconds.
- Arondight (Builds from Honed Edge)
Arondight is the sword of Lancelot. Assassin’s and Warriors often engage with their ultimates and seek to continue the pressure by attacking the backline. Arondight enables this playstyle, not only revealing enemies in a large area but granting bonus speed and damage for successfully chasing down targets.
- Warrior/Assassin Only
- Cost : 2600
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- +55 Physical power
- Passive – After casting your Ultimate Ability, reveal all enemies within 120ft of you. While moving towards revealed targets, you gain 30% increased Movement Speed. When a revealed enemy takes damage from you for the first time, they take an additional 40 + 30% of your Physical Power. Enemies are revealed for 8s. Can trigger once every 45 seconds.
- Staff Of Myrddin (Builds from Apprentice Staff)
Staff of Myrddin is the focus of the most powerful wizard. Using this focus, Mages and Guardians will be able to do the impossible, double cast a standard ability. Each god can use this in slightly different ways, from doubling down on damage to bringing extra crowd control. Whatever the use case, Staff of Myrddin will help bring the magic.
- Mages/Guardians Only
- Cost : 3000g(Increased from 2800)
- +10% Cooldown Reduction
- +100 Magical power
- Passive – After casting your Ultimate Ability, your next ability non-ultimate ability cast within the next 10s will have no cooldown, but will only hit for 70% of its normal damage and heal for 70% of its normal healing. Can trigger once every 45 seconds.
- Pridwen (Builds from Knight’s Shield)
Pridwen is the Shield of King Arthur. Pridwen is the only item available to all classes and it encourages gods to be the frontline for their team and get into the thick of combat. Scaling based on your god’s protections, this item synergizes with heavy defensive builds and allows you to convert those defenses into a powerful offensive explosion.
- Available to All Classes
- Cost : 2400g
- +20% Cooldown Reduction
- +40 Physical Protection(Reduced from 45)
- +40 Magical Protection(Reduced from 45)
- Passive – After casting your Ultimate Ability, you gain a large shield equal to your Protections for 5s. When this shield breaks, either by timing out or being depleted, it explodes and deals Magical damage equal to 50% of the Shield’s Health and Slowing targets for 25% for 3s. Can only trigger once every 45 seconds.
- New Item
- Contagion (Builds from Silver Breastplate)
A major request from players has been a Physical Defense counterpart to Pestilence. Having access to a strong early defensive choice that limits sustain gives players (and especially Solo laners) a way to counter build during the laning phase, while also not feeling stuck with needing Pestilence to handle healing even if the enemy team is not bring much Magical Damage. Contagion should fit these situations nicely.
- Cost : 2050
- +60 Physical Protection
- +100 Health
- +250 Mana
- +15 MP5
- AURA – Enemy gods within 55 units have their healing reduced by 25%. This does not stack with Pestilence.
Magical ADCs have been seeing a large resurgence, with concerns that hunters as a whole are being pushed out of their role. While there are a lot of factors that go into why this occurring, a large portion comes down to item power level. To bring Mage ADCs and Hunters closer together, Demonic Grip and Hastened Ring are seeing cost increases while core Hunter Items are seeing small cost reductions or increases in power.
Demonic Grip for its cost is incredibly efficient. We are bumping up the cost to put it more on par with its Physical counterpart, The Executioner.
- Increased Cost from 2150 to 2300
The effect of removing the movement speed downside on Basic Attacks, known as “Haste”, is very powerful. Hastened Ring and Hastened Katana providing this for cheap creates specific balance problems, resulting in break cases for gods that can rush it too quickly. Hastened Ring is seeing a shift, becoming significantly more expensive with a power boost to match. Players going for Hastened Ring will now need to significantly invest in the effect rather than splashing it in with little consequence.
- Increased Cost from 2300 to 2700
- Increased Magical Power from 50 to 70
Doom Orb recently received a buff but it failed to address a core concern. When properly managing the stacks this item becomes very potent, the downside of losing the stacks is too great. When many late game fights occur around objectives and away from minions to restack this effect it can become a liability. We are shifting some of the power away from the stacks and onto the base item to make it more consistent while still allowing players to min-max its effect in lane.
- Reduced Magical Power per stack from 6 to 4
- Increased base Magical Power from 135 to 145
This change is along the same line of reasoning as Hastened Ring. We feel that the Haste effect should appear on more expensive items. Many gods that focus on Basic Attacking rely on picking up this item over any other choice, and those gods have been overperforming for a significant amount of time. We are increasing the cost to better reflect its power level.
- Increased Cost from 2300 to 2500
Talaria’s has become a core item for Warriors and Assassins, bringing a large boost in mobility that is valuable in Conquest. Each Boots type should bring tradeoffs, but Talaria’s had little downside. This change will cause the wearer to sacrifice some more Physical Power, which is a fair choice considering how potent Movement Speed can be.
- Decreased Physical Power from 20 to 15
Ninja Tabi similarly struggled to be unique in its identity. While some hunters valued it, it was too niche in its application and saw little use compared to Warrior Tabi. Buffing this item should allow more Hunters to utilize it, as well as simply buffing the Hunters that already do. We want to ensure that Hunters as a class feel balanced when compared to other classes and specifically against Magical ADCs. The next few changes are all towards that same goal.
- Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 25%
Qin’s Sais is a popular and strong options for hunters, which may make it seem strange that it is receiving a buff above other items. While this item fills its role well in comparison to the Hunter Class, the class as a whole has been struggling. Having stronger core items for Hunters will bolster the class in general and give them more resilience towards Meta shifts going forward.
- Increased Attack Speed from 15% to 20%
When Ichaival was first launched there were concerns about its overall power level. We as a team quickly responded to those concerns with a cost nerf, but as the Season has progressed Ichaival has seen little use. This item has the potential to serve as a potent counter option against high Attack Speed gods and bring more counterbuilding to the Hunter Class as a whole. We are bringing it back to its old cost to see if it can fulfill that goal.
- Decreased Cost from 2600 to 2450
Runic Shield allows players to help their team in a unique way. Reducing enemy Magical Power could give your team an extra edge, but currently the item doesn’t deliver enough stats to the owner to be attractive. This change should make being a team player feel even better, and provide another possible counter option to mid mages or mage ADCs that are leveling out of control.
- Increased Health from 150 to 200
Gauntlet Of Thebes is a high risk option for Supports. For a role that needs to work with more limited experience and gold to help their team out, an item that requires stacking can be a tall order. A small cost reduction and health increase may not look like a lot, but this should help Support players feel better about opting into a slower but eventually powerful start.
- Decreased Cost from 2400 to 2350
- Increased Base Health from 275 to 300
Magical Protection items tend to be quite powerful in SMITE and vie for limited spots in builds. This has forced Bulwark of Hope out of most metas, even though it maintains a certain popularity in other game modes. The item is seeing some slight adjustments to help it better compete with the core Magical Protection items.
- Smite version 11.17 reduced cost from 2400 to 2300
- Increased health from 200 to 250
Relic Dagger encourages a Relic focused playstyle rounded out with some solid core stats, but it low in popularity and sees little use. We are increasing the Relic Cooldown effect to really allow players with this item to feel the reduction and allow them to make plays with their relics much more often.
- Increased Relic Cooldown Reduction from 30s to 40s
Ah Muzen Cab has been all the buzz recently. A Hunter who is flexible in both Ability damage and Basic Attack damage brings a strong force to any team. In this update we will be addressing his early game clear potential and some of his late game poke, causing him to focus more on using his Hives to boost his attacks at all stages of the game. Bees contributes a heavy amount of base damage early, while Swarm can scale to do a significant portion of damage. This should give him more windows to be countered or outplayed.
- Smite update 11.17 decreased Base Damage from 9 to 5
- Decreased Base Damage from 60/115/170/225/280 to 60/110/160/210/260
- Decreased Physical Power Scaling from 80% to 70%
Anhur is receiving a mixture of real buffs and Quality of Life buffs. Shifting Sands is gaining increased range and increased bonus damage, providing Anhur with new opportunities and a strong increase to his early boxing potential. Impale is receiving a small prefire adjustment to better line up with his animation and Desert Fury will now display a targeter while firing, helping Anhur players line up their shots.
- Increase Damage Buff from 4/8/12/16/20% to 8/11/14/17/20%
- Increased Range from 65 to 70.
- Reduced prefire time from 0.2 to 0.17 to better match its animation.
- Added targeter FX while channeling this ability
Apollo is getting ready to tour his way across the battleground. Apollo has struggled to bring consistent damage to fights. This inconsistency was large attributed to his passive, which had high variance based on how many stacks of Audacity he has at the start of a fight. Audacity will now gain stacks when each of his abilities damage enemy gods, giving him a more direct way to build this stacks more quickly and reliably. The Moves is also getting a boost, aiding teammates and harming enemies for an additional second.
- Each damaging ability now adds 2 stacks of Audacity for each enemy god hit
- The Moves still adds 1 stack of Audacity for hitting enemy minions
- Increased duration of the buff and debuff from 2 to 3s
Ares is a powerhouse in every mode except Conquest. In that mode, his weakness in clearing minions and jungle monsters outshines his offensive strengths. He has to snowball early and even then he can still struggle. Searing Flesh will now deal additional damage to minions, giving him more clearing agency that will help him in Conquest while not boosting him much in other modes.
- This ability now deals Magical Damage equal to 5% Max Health per Tick to non-boss minions only at all ranks
- It still deals 1/1/2/2/3% to gods
SMITE’s premier Mayan action hero has been struggling lately. Chaac is well known as a consistent solo laner, but never a true playmaker. We are making one quite significant change to Chaac’s Ultimate to make sure his team fight impact is meaningful. Enemies will have a much harder time fleeing from him with Storm Call knocking enemies straight up.
- Decreased Cooldown from 15s to 13s
- The knockback from this effect now knocks enemy players straight up
The Illustrious Sage has resurged in popularity, giving teams a high damage frontliner that doesn’t seem to have weak points. We couldn’t Spot Weaknesses either and want to focus his ability to dish out damage while being tanky. Spot Weakness provides a large amount of free power that works well with Mink’s stim. With a lower amount of Base Power Erlang Shen players will need to choose, Tank or Damage?
- Decreased Base Damage from 25/40/55/70/85 to 15/30/45/60/75
In his greed, Fafnir has found himself in a top spot. High level teams looking to secure the gold furies and other objective heavily value Coerce. At all other levels of player he struggles both in popularity and performance. Cursed Strength is his primary setup ability and it isn’t an easy one. Shifting these strengths should help him see more regular success without harming his core identity as an offensive Guardian with strong objective control.
- Decreased Attack Speed Buff
- From 15/20/25/30/35% 10/15/20/25/30%
- Decreased Bonus Damage
- From 5/10/15/20/25% to 4/8/12/16/20%
- Increased width of this ability from 6 to 7
Freya has been one of the Mage ADCs that has been bullying Hunters out of the carry role. Specifically, when she rushes items like Hastened Ring her high base damage on her stim makes her difficult to trade against. We are shifting her damage around, heavily lowering the Base Damage Aurora Blade provides while increasing its scaling. This will decrease Freya’s ability to outbox enemies in the first waves, while still letting her scale into the late game, more akin to other carries.
- Smite PS4 update 11.17 decreased Ranged Base Damage from 16/27/38/49/60 to 1/10/20/30/40.
- Increased Ranged Scaling from 10% to 15%.
Isis is receiving a mixture of Quality of Life buffs and some new utility, highlighting her ability to assist her team while bringing the damage. Funeral Rites will now affect allies at a further range, increasing how often it applies its benefits. Spirit Ball has undergone some adjustments to make it more responsive, and give Isis control over detonating it while Crowd Controlled and even dead. Circle of Protection is also seeing some loving, gaining some increased base healing and reducing damage by a higher amount at all ranks. Teams can fight more aggressively inside this field, while Isis can use this in a more defensive manner to answer ganks.
Dispel Magic is also undergoing a slight rework. Previously, Dispel Magic would boost Magical Protection of allies based on their protections. This caused it to be highly variable. We are making its defensive portion more consistent by instead applying a shield to allies and Isis when she successfully hits an enemy. Hitting multiple enemies will further increase the potency, giving Isis strong teamfight utility.
- Increased Range from 30 to 40 units.
- You can now re-fire this ability at any point after firing it. This includes while under the effects of crowd control and while dead.
- Removed the postfire from this ability (from 0.1 to 0)
- Dispel Magic no longer provides a boost to Magical Protection. It instead provides a shield to Isis and nearby allies. This shield is applied within 40 units of Isis or the dispelled target.
- Shield Health :90/130/170/210/250 + 40% increased potency per additional target hit.
- This caps at +80% potency (3 gods hit).
- The duration remains unchanged.
- Increased duration of silence from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5s
- Slow increased from 20% to 30%
- Smite version 11.17 increased the base healing from 80/100/120/140/160 to 110/130/150/170/190
- Increased the mitigations obtained from 15/15/17.5/17.5/20% to 25% at all ranks
Merlin has been a potent pick at all levels of play, boasting a high pick and ban rate along with a solid win rate. While we have adjusted him a few times since his launch, we have not solved the core frustrations players have had when facing him. To address this, we are focusing on his overall damage as well has how easy it is to access his damage. Eclipse’s damage is seeing a scaling hit, reducing the damage on his largest zone control ability. Blizzard will now deploy more slowly, giving players more time to react and avoid the incoming ice shards. Finally, Elemental Mastery is seeing a cooldown increase, lowering his ability to stance switch and access a new round of ability and opening a larger window to punish an untimely stance swap.
- Decreased Magical Power Scaling of the Initial Hit from 60% to 55%
- Decreased Magical Power Scaling of the tick damage from10% scaling to 8%
- Increased the Time to Deploy of this ability from 0.5 to 0.7
- Increased Cooldown from 28/26/24/22/20 to 32/29/26/23/20
For a while we have addressed a few abilities that have multiple levels of scaling. Retribution scaled on damage reflect, healing, and the total health shield (which already served as a cap to how effect any of the previous components could be). By making damage reflect and healing more consistent, this ability should feel better across the board.
- Smite 11.17 increased Damage Reflect from 30/35/40/45/50% of damage received to 50% at all ranks
- Smite update 11.17 increased Healing from 80/85/90/95/100% of damage received to 100% at all ranks
Ne Zha’s recent bug fix pass really improved his overall flow, and also caused a large increase in his performance. To ensure he stays in a healthy spot we want to help players fight against him properly. Universe Ring Toss is his primary setup and poke ability, which can be heavily punishing. We are reducing the damage subsequent bounces can deal on the same target, and making the slow stack up to 25% rather than applying that off a single hit to reduce Ne Zha’s control, especially in the early game.
- Increased Damage Reduction of subsequent hits on the same target from 25% to 35%
- Decreased Slow from 25% to 12.5%
- This effect can now stack up to 2 times
Nike is receiving the largest changes of any god this patch. Nike has been in an odd spot for a while, you would expect the most winning god in the game to be a popular choice, but she simply was not. In fact, she is one of the least played gods in the game. The major issues we heard from players was that she didn’t feel like she brought impact to the fight. Additionally, an ability solely dedicated to augmenting another can sometimes make her feel like she is lacking a full kit. When looking at her kit, the passive is a major contributor to her incredible win rate but it isn’t something players feel; so her predicament makes sense.
To address this we first are nerfing her passive across the board. If we want to give her impactful feeling power without breaking her balance, this is something that must be done. With that done, we can reinvest that power into her core abilities and a full rework on Plant of Action. All abilities will now benefit from their “Plan Of Action” version as their base form, with a few numerical adjustments. Plan of Action is being replaced with a new ability: Barrier Formation!
Barrier Formation gives Nike the ability to lead the charge for her team and protect herself and allies from incoming attacks. Enemy Ranged Basic Attacks are absorbed by her, and enemies that get too close will be repelled away and dealt damage. When this effect ends (either by refiring or timing out) the Barrier will collapse and deal damage in a larger area. This ability also solidifies Nike’s role as a frontline Warrior who takes one for the team to ensure victory.
- Bonus Power decreased from 4/6/8% to 1/2/3%
- Bonus Movement Speed decreased from 2/4/6% to 1/1.5/2%
- This ability now always fires 3 times.
- Nike conjures a protective barrier in front of her that blocks ranged Basic Attacks. While channeling the barrier Nike’s movement and rotation are limited. Enemies who get near the barrier are damaged and knocked back. At any point, Nike can re-fire the ability to collapse the barrier and deal damage to enemies in a larger area in front of her.
- Channels for up to 6 seconds
- She moves 50% slower while channeling
- Refire Damage (single hit at end of ability)
- 65/120/175/230/285 (+50% of your physical power)
- Pulse Damage on Shield
- 10/15/20/25/30 (+5% of your physical power) per hit
- Plus a knockback effect
- Cooldown 15s at all ranks
- Mana Cost 60/65/70/75/80)
- This ability now always travels at the faster speed
- This ability no longer goes on cooldown if Nike dies during the warmup time
- Increased shield health amount from 20/25/30/35/40% of Max Health to 30/35/40/45/50% of Max Health
- Note that the shield health does not increase from Plan of Action
Counters are important for SMITE, but they shouldn’t feel un-winnable; just strong. Odin’s Ring of Spears previously counters a wide array of potential enemy compositions in ways that were difficult to fight back against. By opening up some options the frustration players faced against Odin fell, but so did his performance. We want to give The Allfather more options to do besides dropping his ultimate. Raven Shout serves a dual purpose of offense and defence, and with a cooldown to now match Lunge Odin will be a more consistent frontline for his team and a threat for the enemy backline.
- Decreased Cooldown from 15s to 15/14/13/12/11s
Olorun has entered the battleground as the new King of gods, and potentially the King of Balance. The perception of his strength to his core metrics seem to place him in a healthy spot! As players continue to explore his build paths and interactions with his ultimate, we are focused on addressing a bug with Overflowing Divinity which has balance implications. Overflowing Divinity’s reduction was not properly reducing the scaling, allowing it to hit much harder than intended on stationary targets. When fixing this we wanted to keep his power level roughly the same, so we increased some damage on his initial hits. This will help the ability in most combat situations but lowers the top end abuse cases.
- Fixed a bug where the damage falloff did not affect the Magical Power Scaling on this ability.
- Increased base damage per shot from 30/40/50/60/70 to 35/50/65/80/95
- Increased Magical Power Scaling per shot from 10% to 15%
- Hitting the same Enemy with each shot now deals 20% less damage per shot, increased from 10%
- Decreased the minimum damage that each shot can do from 20% of total damage to 10%
- This will cause shots to more quickly decay in damage while lowering the lowest damage they can deal.
- The projectiles now start randomizing the hit location from the 2nd projectile, increased from the 5th
Rama is a highlight machine, with the most satisfying Ultimate showcasing those crucial third shots over walls. While the most skilled can make him shine, for most players he struggles to really make an impact and allows enemies a strong counter in focusing purely on the last shot. Smoothing the damage will give Rama more immediate impact while still letting that third hit chunk enemy health bars.
- Shifted the damage each successive shot does from 50/75/100% to 70/85/100%
- Reduced damage from 200/300/400/500/600 (+60% of your physical power) to 180/270/360/450/540 (+55% of your physical power)
- *Note that this keeps the total damage from all 3 shots very close to before and after this change.
Kaldr is a unique god, boasting a full second character as his passive. Just kidding! Skadi and Kaldr are seeing some updates this patch to address core frustrations players face when playing as the duo. Her passive felt more akin to her 2nd ability rather than something unique to herself while Kaldr felt clunky when trying to execute the ultimate. Dying right before it went off could mean Kaldr retreating rather than fighting and a complete waste of the Ultimate ability.
Skadi is gaining an additional component to her passive when Kaldr is down, giving her the strength to avenge her fallen companion. Kaldr in turn is gaining some increased survivability , regenerating life more quickly. Finally, the Ultimate is being reworked. Rather than Kaldr immediately being restored to health and pulsing out an AoE Blizzard, Winter’s Grasp now utilizes Kaldr with an aimable targeter. He will leap to that area, restoring his health on the way, and then root enemies and begin his pulsing damage upon arrival. This gives Skadi greater control over where Kaldr is going and increased the responsiveness in more chaotic fights.
- If Kaldr has 0 HP, Skadi gains 10% increased physical power
- Increased Kaldr’s Hit point regeneration from 7s to 5s
- A snowstorm surrounds Skadi as she chooses a location for Kaldr to attack. If Kaldr is too far he will leap there. Upon reaching the location a snowstorm also surrounds Kaldr. The initial hit of either snowstorm Roots enemies in the area and Kaldr is restored to full health. The storms persist for 4s while dealing damage to enemies every .5s
Thor is the God of Thunder, and in this update we hope to make that title more fitting. The major goals for these design changes are to give Thor a more distinct identity among Assassins, improve his kit functionality, and add some more of his core themes to his Ultimate ability. Berserker Barrage was previously a higher cooldown and longer channel, making it unclear when it should be used and difficult to use properly. It has been reworked to be a quick and snappy 3 part hit with a low cooldown. Being in Thor’s face for too long can quickly turn into a bad situation.
Anvil of Dawn is also gaining new components, thunder and lightning! After landing from his Ultimate Mjolnir will become infused with lightning, causing any damage it deals (Basic Attacks, Mjolnir’s Attunement, Berserker’s Barrage) to arc lightning to nearby targets. This not only helps in single target situations but rewards Thor for diving directly into the enemy team and causing mayhem.
- Fixed an issue where players at max range would be hit by the initial hit but not by the return hit. This ability should now properly hit players twice at max range.
- Thor spins his hammer around him dealing damage to Enemies in front of him up to 3 times and those behind him up to 2 times. The final swing deals extra damage. Thor is immune to Knockup for the duration.
- Reduced cooldown from 11s to 8s
- Reduced mana cost from 65/70/75/80/85 to 55/60/65/70/75
- Damage per hit changed from 20/40/60/80/100 (+45% of your physical power) to 30/50/70/90/110 (+40% of your physical power)
- Final damage swing: 45/65/85/105/125 (+60% of your physical power)
- After Thor lands from his ultimate, his hammer Mjolnir is infused with lightning for 6 seconds.
- During this buff state, each of his basic attacks and abilities chain lightning to nearby Enemy gods, damaging them with each hit
- Initial target : 20/30/40/50/60 +15% of your Physical Power per chain lightning.
- Chain target : 10/15/20/25/30 +7.5% of your Physical Power per chain lightning.
I think we have all learned a lot about balance from the God of Knowledge. Thoth had to be purposely undertuned to meet community perception expectations, and it has taken quite a while for that mindset to change. Players now seem to be open to the idea of buffing him, and we plan to do that by focusing on his core goal: rewarding skillshots. Thoth will now deal less damage per shot on his primary damage ability, but this damage will ramp up if he continues to successfully hit enemies. This should reduce his possibly frustrating poke potential, while also rewarding the Thoth players who commit to mastering the god.
- Every time an enemy god is hit by this ability, the ability’s cooldown is reduced (upon finishing) by 1s
- This can only proc once per ability fire (cannot proc from multiple gods hit in the same projectile)
- Reduced Damage Per Shot from 45/65/85/105/125 (+25% of your magical power) to 40/60/80/100/120 (+20% of your magical power)
- Hitting an enemy with this ability increases the damage they take from each subsequent shot by 20%
Ravana is a high variance assassin. He relies on his strong early pressure to carry him, and without early success her struggles. We are decreasing the cooldown of his primary CC effect to help his consistency. Ravana has very strong evade mechanics so it’s important that he be buffed in small increments and in ways that encourages aggression.
- Decrease Cooldown from 18s to 16s
Zeus has an interesting balance history. This god was often considered completely unviable in competitive and Conquest play, but recently we have found that to be false. Zeus has been prioritized in SPL and putting up decent ranked numbers, and his non-Conquest performance is even more intense. We are taking this opportunity to nerf him in a unique way that also helps gameplay clarity. Enemies will now see a warning visual FX before detonate strikes them, giving slightly longer window to react to the damage.
- Added text to show duration of charges
- After this ability is used there is now a delay time of 0.3s before the enemy is hit with damage
- Added fixes for framerate drop issues.
- Smite 11.17 for PS4 has fixed some glitches.
- Stability and performance improvements
- Smite PS4 update 11.17 has added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
- Added various minor under the hood changes.
Smite update 11.17 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.