Sea Of Thieves update patch notes (June 2, 2020) for Xbox One and PC released. According to the official Sea Of Thieves patch notes, the latest update added additional fixes and balances based on feedback from the community. The update size is around 3.8GB on Xbox One and Windows 10.
Previously, a big update was released with various quality of life improvements. Unfortunately, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play. Today’s update is expected to fix all these issues.
Read full details below.
What is new in Sea Of Thieves June Update?
- Text Size Accessibility – Lost Treasures introduced an increase in text size across the game to provide an improved default experience for wider accessibility. With this update, the ‘Text Chat Scale’ option within Accessibility Settings can now be tweaked from 1.0 (new default) down to 0.5 (previous size), enabling players to return text chat notifications to their original size.
- ‘Let Games Read to Me’ Improvements – With ‘Let Games Read to Me’ enabled, a new accessibility setting is now available: ’Narrate Toast Messages’. When enabled, this provides extra narration instruction when a player receives a pop-up toast notification in-game. This includes game activity such as selling treasure, having new players join your crew and receiving crew invites.
- Galleons approached from a distance will no longer appear to have a grey textured hull.
- Missing text strings in the main menu have now been replaced with correct localisation in non-English languages.
- Using a Speaking Trumpet when Speech-to-Text is enabled will now ensure that speech converted to text is also shown over a greater distance.
- Improvements to hit registration when shooting at players while they are walking, running and jumping.
- ‘The Seabound Soul’ – Completing the Tale will now correctly unlock The Seabound Soul Commendation and award the Sword of Souls weapon.
Performance and Stability
- Improvements to our services have been made to ensure players are routed to appropriate geographical servers with optimal connection.
- Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection – In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets.
- Stuck UI Menus – When interacting with a barrel and moving quickly through its inventory, players may find that the barrel’s state is not updated as items are removed. Players can also experience the Game Options becoming stuck on-screen when exiting a barrel in this state.
- Joining a Session – Players Receiving Groomedbeard – On attempting to join a session either via session rejoin, an invite or joining in progress, some players may receive a Groomedbeard error and be unable to join.
- Visual Issues – Nvidia RTX GPUs – Some players with Nvidia RTX GPUs may see visual issues in the sea when set to Mythical Graphics Quality.