A new Sea of Thieves update 2.6.2 is rolling out on Xbox One and PC. According to the official Sea Of Thieves patch notes, the latest SOT update added quality of life changes and bug fixes.
Previously, a big update added Season 6 update added Bury Treasure, Share Map, Cannon Rowboats, Fireworks, and Flares. Unfortunately, players are still experiencing a number of issues with the game. Today’s SOT game update 2.6.2 will address a few of these issues.
Read the full details below.
Sea Of Thieves 2.6.2 Release Notes – September 29, 2022
PIRATE EMPORIUM – RELEASE NOTES
Season Seven Plunder Pass
- The game dvs have raised their Renown throughout Season Seven can instantly see their hard work rewarded before the Season ends.
- This Season’s Plunder Pass offers early access to the complete Beachcomber’s Bounty ship set and the evolving Baleful Bloom Costume.
Bleakheart Banshee Ship Collection
- Browse the entire Bleakheart Banshee Ship Collection. Premium items such as the Collector’s Figurehead and Sails are separate purchases outside the main Ship Bundle.
- Players can also pick up just the core components of this set at a discount in the form of an Essential Ship Bundle.
Bleakheart Banshee Costume
- Dress as a grim spectre from Sea of Thieves legend, whose devotion to a love lost at sea led to an afterlife spent seeking retribution.
- Players can also perform the Banshee Cry Emote while wearing this costume.
Bleakheart Banshee Tankard
- This tankard was supposedly used in the ritual that transformed a heartbroken bride-to-be into a vengeful spectre. Don’t worry, it’s been rinsed out since then.
Bleakheart Banshee Weapons
- In this bundle are four carefully restored weapons, salvaged from the ash and ruin of a gothic ghost story.
Freebie Skull Crusher Emote
- Show those skellies exactly what they’ve got coming to them with this freebie emote.
Banshee’s Bait Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores, this bundle contains the Bleakheart Banshee Costume, Weapon Bundle and Tankard, along with 550 Ancient Coins to spend in the Pirate Emporium and a free 25,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops! Head to theMicrosoft StoreorSteam Item Storeto find out more.
Furtive Fox Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores, this bundle contains 550 Ancient Coins, an Auburn Fox, the Hide and Peek Emote Bundle, Hunter clothing for your pirate (Hat, Jacket, Trousers, Belt and Boots) and a free 10,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops.
- Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season Seven with Twitch Drops! Stay tuned toSea of Thieves social channels to find out when Twitch Drops will be active for Partnered streamers, allowing players to earn Eastern Winds Sapphire items.
Rebalanced Ferry Time Across Crew Sizes
- Following reductions to the Ferry of the Damned wait time in previous updates, these times have undergone further adjustment to provide a more balanced experience across all sizes of crew.
- Solo crews will now be held for 15 seconds, two-pirate crews for 19 seconds, three-pirate crews for 23 seconds and four-pirate crews for 25 seconds.
Replace Gamertags and Replace Ship Names
- Players can now choose to replace gamertags or ship names independently, allowing creators who wish to protect themselves and others they meet on the seas to see Captained ship names if they choose.
Replace Captain’s Gamertag on Ship’s Banners
- Captains now have access to a new setting, providing creators with more control over their Ship’s Banners. Captains enabling ‘Replace Gamertag on Ship’s Banners’ will now find the Captain’s name on the banner is replaced when their ship is viewed by any other player.
- Vanquishing emergent Skeleton Captains will now progress the Hunter of Cursed Captains Commendation.
- Players who are away from their ship when migrating servers will now drop any held items before migrating.
- Players passing through the Tunnels of the Damned should no longer find their Emote Radial is reset.
- Cargo Runs should now appear on emergent maps found inside barrels.
Legend of the Veil
- Pirate Legends will once again encounter Shipwreck Graveyards during Legend of the Veil Voyages.
- During a Legend of the Veil Voyage, crews should now be consistently directed to the next quest after completing the initial quest from Belle.
- Starting and cancelling Legend of the Veil Voyages should now ensure that treasure from Shipwreck Graveyards is removed from the world.
Captains of Adventure
- The first Captained ship to join a server should now consistently retain previously saved ship decorations.
- Saving a customisation to a Captained ship should now consistently ensure that the item is equipped in the next session.
- In the shipwright stock shop, Voyages will now appear locked and unavailable for purchase if a ship does not have enough space to store the Voyages.
- After migrating servers, players should now consistently see all purchased Captain’s Voyages on their Captain’s Bookshelf.
- Captain’s Logbook customisations should no longer reset after migrating servers.
- Crews will no longer be offered the option to restore a ship if the ship is already in pristine condition.
- Crews defeating specific skeletons such as Gold Skeletons and Plant Skeletons will now progress the expected Milestones.
- Trinkets now have a small chance to be nudged if they are submerged in water.
- Players who skip the Captaincy tutorial 10 times will no longer be shown the tutorial in their next session.
- Milestones related to Tall Tale completion will now progress as intended for larger crew sizes.
- Within the Captain’s Logbook, Quests Completed in the current Voyage will now progress as intended for larger crew sizes.
- When purchasing a Trinket tier, players no longer have to close and reopen the shipwright’s shop to buy the next tier.
- Retrieved Captain’s Logbooks will now advise players to take them to The Reaper’s Hideout to be cashed in.
- Realigning a Trinket will now cause controller vibration.
- The Scorched Forsaken Ashes and Silent Barnacle tables, chairs, curtains and chandeliers now use the correct colours and match the rest of the items in their sets.
- The text within the Captain’s Logbook regarding pets has now been corrected.
- More seats have been added to the tavern at New Golden Sands Outpost to offer players more choice.
- Players should no longer become stuck in place when walking around the palm trees near the Order of Souls tent at Ancient Spire Outpost.
- The incense burners at Ancient Spire Outpost will no longer intersect with the rock around them.
- Players can no longer get stuck on trees at Old Brinestone Fortress.
- Players should no longer see overlapping textures at Wanderers Refuge.
- Players at the Treasury of the Lost Ancients who become stuck in the environment will now appear at the entrance to the Treasury.
- Players can no longer walk through the ropes attached to the Sovereigns’ lifts at the Outposts.
Visual and Audio
- Players sprinting or switching weapons shortly after eating will now hear the audio effect stop short, clearly indicating the action was cancelled.
- Wood burned in campfires will now disappear when fully depleted.
- The steam effects on the Ah, Coffee! Emote can now be seen properly when performed with all body sizes.
- Crews venturing into the Shrine of Hungering while the Fort at Shark Fin Camp is active will now hear the appropriate Shrine music.
- There is no longer a visible texture seam on the finger of the Jack O’ Looter Costume.
Text and Localisation
- Notifications received when earning Trading Company reputation will now display the correct text.
- When switching to a language other than English, the prompts to show and hide Tall Tales should now change to the selected language.
Performance and Stability
- Improved server stability to reduce scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
SOT Update 2.6.2 Download Size
Xbox Series X: 6.93 GB
Xbox Series S: 4.5 GB
Xbox One X: 6.93 GB
Xbox One: 4.5 GB
Microsoft Store: 6.46 GB
Steam: 6.55 GB
Download free Sea of Thieves update 2.6.2 on Xbox One and PC.