Sea of Thieves update 2.5.1 released on Xbox One and PC players. According to the official Sea Of Thieves patch notes, the latest update added various fixes, improvements and balances.
Previously, a big update added Season 5 update added Bury Treasure, Share Map, Cannon Rowboats, Fireworks, and Flares.
Unfortunately, since the last major patch, players are experiencing a number of issues with the game. Today’s SOT game update 2.5.1 will address a few of these issues. Read full details below.
Sea Of Thieves 2.5.1 Release Notes – April 7, 2022
April’s Emporium restock explores the pirate idea of recycling, with Gunpowder Barrels recklessly repurposed into Barrel Bombardier cosmetics. The latest emote offerings include another monthly freebie, and Season Six’s Plunder Pass is still in stock too!
PIRATE EMPORIUM – RELEASE NOTES
Season Six Plunder Pass
- Anyone wishing to take full advantage of Season Six rewards can still buy the Plunder Pass. Any rewards unlocked will become available upon purchase, so players who have raised their Renown throughout Season Six can instantly see their hard work rewarded before the Season ends.
- This Season’s Plunder Pass offers early access to the complete Spring Blossom ship set, the evolving Forest’s Blessing Costume and other items of upcoming Emporium stock, and can be purchased at any time through the Pirate Log, Pirate Emporium, Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store.
Barrel Bombardier Ship Collection
- Blaze a trail across the seas with the volatile Barrel Bombardier ship cosmetics! In addition to the main Barrel Bombardier Ship Bundle, an explosive Collector’s Figurehead and Collector’s Sails can be purchased separately.
- A Barrel Bombardier Essential Ship Bundle is also on offer, including just the core ship cosmetics at a discount.
Barrel Bombardier Costume
- Don’t stand near an open flame in this soot-stained outfit festooned with wicks, fuses and all manner of flammable material! The costume contains three variants: base, with goggles and with a new hairstyle.
- While wearing this hazardous outfit, players can perform the Flaming Fuse Emote – look out!
Barrel Bombardier Weapons
- Handle these four weapons, crafted from Gunpowder Barrels, with extreme care.
Barrel Bombardier Tankard
- Celebrate a demolition job well done with a sooty swig from this tankard.
Wave After Wave Emotes
- With this pack of four distinctly different waves, your arms are sure to get a workout.
Blighted Cannon Flare
- A Cannon Flare is now available for another fan-favourite Pirate Emporium ship set – check out the ominous orange illumination of the new Blighted Cannon Flare!
- Players who already own all items in the Blighted Ship Bundle will soon find the Cannon Flare added to their inventory as a gift from the Emporium owners.
Freebie Fire in the Hole! Emote
- After laying a clever trap, retreat to a safe distance and get ready for the boom!
Demolition Delights Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores, this bundle contains the Barrel Bombardier Costume, Weapon Bundle and Tankard, 550 Ancient Coins and a free 25,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops.
- The week-long celebration of the one million Pirate Legends milestone in Sea of Thieves ends with a special Gold & Glory Weekend: from April 8th-11th (10am BST), Legends earn double gold and rep on treasure handed in to the Mysterious Stranger, while April 10th offers a day of more traditional Gold & Glory boosts to gold, rep and Renown for all players.
- Pirate Legends can also earn a free Silvered Legendary Eyepatch by playing this weekend, while all players can temporarily claim free Athena’s Fortune Fireworks from the Merchant Alliance.
- Make savings in the Pirate Emporium’s celebratory weekend sale too!
- Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season Six with Twitch Drops! Stay tuned to Sea of Thieves social channels to find out when Twitch Drops will be active for Partnered streamers, allowing players to earn more items from the Twilight Hunter set.
Improved Harpoon Aim Assist
- Harpoons now have an improved aim assist when launched at loot, making players more likely to snag the targeted treasure instead of just striking the nearby sand.
Emerald Imperial Sovereign Clothing Set
- The Outpost clothing shops now stock the Emerald Imperial Sovereign clothing set, available to purchase for gold.
Nightfall Hunter Clothing Set
- The Outpost clothing shops now stock the Nightfall Hunter clothing set, available to purchase for gold when moving up through the Grades of the Hunter of Cursed Captains Commendation. Players tuning in to Twitch Drops during Season Five may have already earned items from this clothing set under their previous Twilight Hunter name, and will retain access to those items under their revised Nightfall Hunter name.
Fish Name Narration
- Players using ‘Let Games Read to Me’ while fishing will now find the name of a fish is narrated as it surfaces. While this is enabled by default, this specific narration can be disabled using ‘Narrate Fish Nameplates’ in the in-game language settings.
Emote Narration Control
- Players using ‘Let Games Read to Me’ now have the ability to disable emote narration specifically from the game settings to reduce audio overload.
Thai Language Support
- Sea of Thieves now supports Thai localisation across the entire game. Players can now select Thai from the in-game language settings.
- The Sea Dogs Reputation tab will now be visible for players who have at least one fully completed Commendation at any Grade.
- Players can no longer bypass the limping restriction of a broken leg by using auto-move.
- Snakes and pigs have been demoted from Sea Fort Captain status and now award the correct Seasonal Renown.
- Ammo Pouches dropped by skeletons will now disappear from islands after a crew leaves.
- Players will no longer find Pondies at Black Water Enclave.
- The map in the Sea Forts’ living quarters now displays ships flying the Reaper’s Mark flag in addition to Reaper Emissaries.
- Players are no longer able to cause Sea Fort treasure to respawn in the Treasury by getting themselves under the environment.
- Inactive Sea Forts no longer show a raised flag.
- Players are no longer able to sell the Sea Fort Keys to Trading Companies in exchange for gold and reputation.
- Players using the Sea Fort barrel winches should no longer experience camera stutter when rotating mechanisms.
- Traitor’s Fate Fortress no longer has a bobbing barrel in the bunk room.
- The Treasury door now sits correctly on its hinges.
- The Storeroom Door Key no longer shines through doors when viewed from a distance.
- Within Old Brinestone Fortress, the lower-level grates should now prevent players swimming through when closed.
- Players can no longer walk up the Sea Fort walls in some locations.
- Detaching from Sea Fort cannons should no longer cause players to safe teleport.
- Players should no longer be able to find a way into the dock pillars inside the Fort and move inside the geometry.
- Sunken Kingdom Commendations requiring players to complete Siren Treasuries now correctly unlock when completing the required criteria.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – Players should no longer fall through the floor when moving through the corridor from the armoury to the well.
- Players can no longer access the Treasury vault within the Treasury of the Secret Wilds prior to it becoming unlocked.
- Players should no longer become stuck in trees on Ashen Reaches.
- Within the Pirate Legend Hideout, players should no longer be able to push through the environment and appear in the sea.
- Players should no longer be launched up into the air when pushing in between rocks on Plunder Outpost.
- Players should continue to be able to move freely after jumping onto trees at Morrow’s Peak Outpost.
- While exploring Plunder Outpost, players should no longer discover a floating patch of grass out in the bay.
- While exploring the Pirate Legend Hideout, pets should no longer become blocked by invisible barriers when leaving the waterfall cave entrance.
- Treasure can no longer be placed in locations within The Reaper’s Hideout that prevent any player from accessing it.
Visual and Audio
- Swimming onto a beach and sprinting out of the water should no longer cause player animations to show their arms stuck to their sides.
- Within the Reputation tab, Commendations with Doubloon rewards now display their currency counts correctly.
- The Athena’s Fortune symbol on the Legendary Wheel is finally symmetrical.
- The Sea of Sands, Cronch, Dark Warsmith and Lodestar Cutlasses now display a trail when used.
- Killing small animals while they are running will no longer cause them to slide across the ground.
- Repairing a damaged Spring Blossom Wheel will now visibly show the attached wooden poles.
- The ‘Disable Centered Text’ setting now correctly affects all locations where text can be centered throughout the UI.
- When the Lunar Festival Costume is equipped, the glowing eye effects are now consistently seen when emoting or when viewed by other players.
- Players equipping a Bilge Rat or Admiral Dress now have the correct shoulder pieces displayed.
- Players using the Japanese language setting will now find Order of Souls Bounty Maps no longer have overlapping text.
- When multiple ships are nearby, players should now see all figureheads on ships within range.
- With a HDR-supported setup, the HDR Calibration Settings page no longer causes UI elements to overlap when returning settings to default.
- Sea of Thieves error messages are now displayed in the language chosen within the game settings.
Performance and Stability
- Server stability has been improved, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.