Sea Of Thieves update 1.2.1 for Xbox One and PCs is now available for download. According to the official Sea Of Thieves 1.2.1 patch notes, the new update addressed several issues like framerate drop, stuttering/lag, client bugs, game crashing, and UI bugs. In addition, Sea Of Thieves patch 1.2.1 also comes with stability and performance improvements.
A previous update was released with various gameplay changes. Unfortunately, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play. Today’s Sea Of Thieves patch 1.2.1 is expected to fix all these issues.
Sea Of Thieves Update 1.2.1 Patch Notes (August 8)
- Cursed Sails Battle Times – Players who can only play during fixed times will be able to battle for a different region each week. For example, if this week your fixed playtime only allows you to encounter The Battle for the Shores of Plenty, next week you will encounter The Great Battle of the Ancient Isles during the same fixed playtime.
- Cursed Sails Battle Encounter Indicator – Battle music can now be heard from greater distances. Additionally, the flow when UI banners appear and music plays has been improved.
- Cursed Sails Resources – Treasure items and Barrels of Plenty will now float for longer. This allows greater opportunity to find resources and treasures mid-battle.
- Cursed Sails Battle Cooldown – The timer between battles has been extended to give players a chance to collect loot dropped by defeating the skeleton crews.
- Cursed Sails Battle Despawn – The battle despawn timer has been increased, which will give sunk crews a greater chance to sail back and continue the battle they started.
- Skeleton Ship VFX – Improvements have been made to VFX of water splashes when skeleton ships emerge.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Skeleton Forts have been re-enabled.
- Skeletons and animals now spawn as intended.
- Players fired from cannons will no longer occasionally travel in unintended directions.
- Firing yourself out of a cannon no longer causes muffled cannon audio to persist.
- Ship Liveries that change the colour of the ship’s hull now correctly change the colour of the capstan.
- Alliance join/leave/disband pop-ups now appear even when the player is in the Flag Box menu.
- The Brigantine’s missing bell has now been found and added.
- Players speaking to a Gold Hoarder NPC at an Outpost will no longer incorrectly receive “The Hungering DeepBegins” banners.
- Items placed behind the barrels at the bow of the Brigantine cannot be picked back up.
- Merchant Alliance crates on board a ship which sinks will not float to the surface and cannot be picked up.
Sea Of Thieves Update 1.2.1 Patch Notes (August 8) is now available on Xbox One and Windows 10.