Sea Of Thieves update 1.1.8 for Xbox One and PCs is now available for download. According to the official Sea Of Thieves 1.1.8 patch notes, the new update addressed several issues like framerate drop, stuttering/lag, client bugs, game crashing, and UI bugs. In addition, Sea Of Thieves patch 1.1.8 also comes with stability and performance improvements.
A previous update was released with various gameplay changes. Unfortunately, many players were experiencing a number of issues when trying to play. Today’s Sea Of Thieves patch 1.1.8 is expected to fix all these issues.
Sea Of Thieves Update 1.1.8 Patch Notes (July 26)
- Great Water – Improved lighting, reflection and movement of water within the ship.
- UI Update – Ampersands have been updated to be more visible on loading screens and in UI header fonts.
- Sinking items now despawn at the lowest depths the player can swim to, instead of sinking beyond. This improves overall game performance.
- Multiple servers and client crash fixes.
- The Executive Admiral Jacket no longer clips on muscular body types.
- Flags no longer become detached from flag poles when sailing.
- Players no longer clip out of the Sloop when interacting with Banana/Food Barrel.
- Screen stutter has been reduced whilst sprinting and aiming down sights.
- Players who earned but did not receive items during The Hungering Deep will receive these upon next login.
- Players who completed the required Commendations but did not receive Skeleton Thrones Titles will receive them upon next login.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Some players may continue to hear muffled sound after being fired from a cannon.
- The UI and pirates in the ‘Select Your Pirate’ carousel may not be visible for some players.
Sea Of Thieves update 1.1.8 (July 26) is now available on Xbox One and Windows 10.