The update size is around 800MB on Xbox One and PC. Check out more details below.
Sea Of Thieves update 1.0.8 Patch Notes (May 23)
- On to the Next! – Players can now discard unwanted voyages within the Quick Menu. No more having to propose them on the Captain’s Table and cancel them!
- Did You Hear That? – When you are transmitting voice over your mic, an icon will now appear on screen to let you know that you are doing so.
- Stories Untold – Players will now come across more Lore books on their adventures.
- Give and Take – Resource Crates which are being held by players can now have items put into or removed from them.
- Distressed Chickens – The unsettling sound of a squawking chicken whilst caged is now… more bearable.
- Music of Legends – The musical sting that plays when entering the Legendary Hideout has been updated.
- Updated Voice Lines – Legendary Tavernkeeper Louise, the Pirate Lord and the Order of Souls NPC Olivia now have new ghostly-sounding voice lines.
- Visual Effects – Improved multiple VFX of weapon impact to grass terrain, and cannon impact to water.
- Icons – Updated the Chests UI to make it clearer that players can scroll through the filter tabs. Icons are now also prettier, bigger and generally better.
- Out Of Stock – Shipwrights and Weaponsmiths will no longer stock the eight cosmetic pieces which weren’t visually distinct enough.
- Launch Crew Eye of Reach – We kept it in for an extra week due to its popularity, but this time-limited item has now been removed from the weapon shops!
- Colour Blind Accessibility – There is now a High Contrast ‘X Marks the Spot’ option in the Accessibility Settings. Enabling this will change the red X on the map to white with a black outline, which we understand will be easier to view for red-green colour blind pirates.
- Aim Sensitivity Slider – Player can customise their controller and mouse sensitivity specifically when aiming with each ranged weapon. The Blunderbuss, Flintlock Pistol and Eye of Reach each have their own slider to adjust.
- Shhh! – Additional muting options have been added to “My Crew”. These now include the ability to mute voice, text chat and non-verbal phrases separately.
- Whilst on the ship and in multi-ship scenarios, performance has been improved.
- Server optimisations to reduce latency.
- Frame rates while streaming islands have been improved.
- Improved gunplay in high-latency network conditions.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Issues with giving items have been resolved and the feature is now re-enabled.
- Skeleton Fort keys will no longer drop into inaccessible locations.
- Dates displayed on pocket watches will no longer go out of sync.
- Fixed areas on Smugglers Bay and Plunder Valley where Bounty Skeletons were not spawning.
- Pirates should no longer lose their clothing upon respawning after death.
- Changing your bucket at the equipment chest will make the water spill out instead of just vanishing. So be careful not to flood your ship!
- Players should no longer encounter an issue where they are unable to interact with reward items floating in the water once they leave the area and return.
- Barrels of Plenty no longer disappear when respawning onto your ship after death.
- Improved skeleton movement in Skeleton Forts.
- Instruments will no longer sound muffled / cut out when being played on the back of a sloop.
- Opening the vanity chest multiple times in a short span of time will no longer cause your pirate preview to stop appearing.
- It is now possible to loot all items in Skeleton Fort vaults.
- The prompt to talk to the Merchant Alliance NPC on Sanctuary Outpost is no longer missing her name.
- Chicken movement should no longer appear jittery.
- Pirate Legend band in the Hideout now play audible shanties.
- The legendary Tavernkeeper was loading the wrong text loadout – the correct text loadout has been rebound to the NPC.
- Players will no longer incorrectly hear ambient sounds (storms/rain/birds) after using a mermaid, exiting the Ferry or being teleported after getting stuck.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
Check your game update and download the latest Sea Of Thieves update 1.0.8 (May 23).