Sea Of Thieves update 1.0.8 for Xbox One and PCs is now available for download. According to the official Sea Of Thieves update patch notes, the latest patch includes the much requested Open and Closed Crews feature, the ability to hand resources to your crew-mates, a bunch of bug fixes, improvements and more. The new Open and Closed Crews feature provides players with greater control over how they assemble their crew with reserved slots that friends can join in whenever they’re ready. In addition, Sea Of Thieves patch 1.0.8 also added fixes for multiple servers and client crash.
The update size is around 800MB on Xbox One and PC. Check out more details below.
Sea Of Thieves update 1.0.8 Patch Notes (May 23)
- On to the Next! – Players can now discard unwanted voyages within the Quick Menu. No more having to propose them on the Captain’s Table and cancel them!
- Did You Hear That? – When you are transmitting voice over your mic, an icon will now appear on screen to let you know that you are doing so.
- Stories Untold – Players will now come across more Lore books on their adventures.
- Give and Take – Resource Crates which are being held by players can now have items put into or removed from them.
- Distressed Chickens – The unsettling sound of a squawking chicken whilst caged is now… more bearable.
- Music of Legends – The musical sting that plays when entering the Legendary Hideout has been updated.
- Updated Voice Lines – Legendary Tavernkeeper Louise, the Pirate Lord and the Order of Souls NPC Olivia now have new ghostly-sounding voice lines.
- Visual Effects – Improved multiple VFX of weapon impact to grass terrain, and cannon impact to water.
- Icons – Updated the Chests UI to make it clearer that players can scroll through the filter tabs. Icons are now also prettier, bigger and generally better.
- Out Of Stock – Shipwrights and Weaponsmiths will no longer stock the eight cosmetic pieces which weren’t visually distinct enough.
- Launch Crew Eye of Reach – We kept it in for an extra week due to its popularity, but this time-limited item has now been removed from the weapon shops!
- Colour Blind Accessibility – There is now a High Contrast ‘X Marks the Spot’ option in the Accessibility Settings. Enabling this will change the red X on the map to white with a black outline, which we understand will be easier to view for red-green colour blind pirates.
- Aim Sensitivity Slider – Player can customise their controller and mouse sensitivity specifically when aiming with each ranged weapon. The Blunderbuss, Flintlock Pistol and Eye of Reach each have their own slider to adjust.
- Shhh! – Additional muting options have been added to “My Crew”. These now include the ability to mute voice, text chat and non-verbal phrases separately.
- Whilst on the ship and in multi-ship scenarios, performance has been improved.
- Server optimisations to reduce latency.
- Frame rates while streaming islands have been improved.
- Improved gunplay in high-latency network conditions.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Issues with giving items have been resolved and the feature is now re-enabled.
- Skeleton Fort keys will no longer drop into inaccessible locations.
- Dates displayed on pocket watches will no longer go out of sync.
- Fixed areas on Smugglers Bay and Plunder Valley where Bounty Skeletons were not spawning.
- Pirates should no longer lose their clothing upon respawning after death.
- Changing your bucket at the equipment chest will make the water spill out instead of just vanishing. So be careful not to flood your ship!
- Players should no longer encounter an issue where they are unable to interact with reward items floating in the water once they leave the area and return.
- Barrels of Plenty no longer disappear when respawning onto your ship after death.
- Improved skeleton movement in Skeleton Forts.
- Instruments will no longer sound muffled / cut out when being played on the back of a sloop.
- Opening the vanity chest multiple times in a short span of time will no longer cause your pirate preview to stop appearing.
- It is now possible to loot all items in Skeleton Fort vaults.
- The prompt to talk to the Merchant Alliance NPC on Sanctuary Outpost is no longer missing her name.
- Chicken movement should no longer appear jittery.
- Pirate Legend band in the Hideout now play audible shanties.
- The legendary Tavernkeeper was loading the wrong text loadout – the correct text loadout has been rebound to the NPC.
- Players will no longer incorrectly hear ambient sounds (storms/rain/birds) after using a mermaid, exiting the Ferry or being teleported after getting stuck.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
Check your game update and download the latest Sea Of Thieves update 1.0.8 (May 23).