A Satisfactory update 6 (v0.5.1.3) is now available to download on PC(Steam). According to the official Satisfactory patch notes, the latest added FICS*MAS as well as various bug fixes and changes.
Previously, a big update was released with various bug fixes and changes. Read more details below.
Satisfactory Patch Notes – December 1, 2021
It’s that time of the year once again so FICS*MAS is returning with all of the old content and some of it new, what is in there you wonder? Well that’s part of the fun as you have all of December to find out!, And if you don’t want to you can also opt out by clicking on Main Menu > Options > Gameplay > Disable Seasonal events.
You can get started with some of the FICSMAS content by checking the FICSMAS Calendar in the HUB and the M.A.M. “FICS*MAS Holiday Event” Research Tree.
Some of this content will only be available after certain dates, so we strongly recommend not skipping ahead, you will not be able to get some of these rewards if you do so.
However, If you’re worried about missing out on content, don’t worry, you can unlock all of the content retroactively after the dates have passed and will continue to be able to do so until January 18th 2022.
PS: Early Access and Experimental have temporarily been brought back to parity again, but we will continue releasing Experimental patches to test new changes or features in the future that are too unstable for Early Access, so if you don’t want to worry about unexpected issues you should switch to the Early Access (default) version.
Merry FICS*MAS!, See you all again soon <3
- FICS*MAS is officially back!
- Check the FICSMAS Calendar and the M.A.M. research tree “FICSMAS Holiday Event” to get started
- Made it so when a game running on DX12 detects an incompatible Intel graphics card it will set the renderer to DX11 instead, this is to solve crashes on Start-up or Loading due to DX12 incompatibility.
- If you are on an Intel GPU and you’re running the game completely fine in DX12, you can still force it by adding the following launch options:
- Fixed issue where dismantling all the Stations listed in a Train timetable would make the timetable show “Invalid Next Station” until you rebuilt the Train setup
- Fixed a bug where pause time on Vehicle Automation was not reset when manually overridden
- Automated vehicles will stay docked until their inventory is empty if unloading cargo
- Changes to priority and replication periods for Conveyor base actors, Should help reduce initial loading when spawning in around conveyors
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Emotes can now be added to the Hotbar by holding the Emote Wheel key and pressing the desired Hotbar Slot key
- Moved positions of “Cancel” and “Start/Stop Recording” in the Vehicle Record Menu to avert accidental selections of “Stop Recording
- Removed “Snow Mittens”/“Snowball Pile”
- “Snowball” is now considered alternative Nobelisk Ammo, Equip the Nobelisk Detonator and press “G” to Switch Ammo types
- Updated all languages with the latest translations
- Updated language completion rates
- A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files…
[And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“…”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.
If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.
- If you are experiencing issues launching the game or loading a save and you have already verified your files, you might have some incompatibility with DX12 as the default renderer, you can try the following launch options to try to force DX11, DX12 or Vulkan to run respectively.
- Dedicated Server Crash reports, Currently Crashes that happen on a Dedicated Server are automatically sent to us, this is enabled by default, we plan on including a toggle for this in GUI but for the moment, if you want to disable automatically sending crash logs you can do this:
- Go to the Server Install folder
- Open “Engine.ini”
- Add the following:
- Save changes and restart the Server
- To Disable Seasonal Events on Dedicated Server, you need to enter this command from the server console and then reload the game or restart the server. (Save and Load from the Save Manager also works)
- FG.DisableSeasonalEvents 1
Download free Satisfactory patch 5 for PC (Steam).