RuneScape update is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official RuneScape game patch notes, the latest update added a long list of bug fixes and gameplay optimizations.
Since the last patch, players are facing a number of problems with the game. Today’s RuneScape patch will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
What is new in RuneScape January 17 Update?
Combat Item Tooltips
- Added new tooltips and/or examines, or more detail to the tooltips and examines of various combat items. This includes but is not limited to:
- All Luck Rings
- God Books
- Slayer Gems
- Defenders, Reprisers and Rebounders
- Various foods and potions
- Divination Portents and Signs
- Enhanced Excalibur
- Void Knight equipment
- Attuned Crystal weapons
Abilties & Spells
- Locked or otherwise hidden abilities and spells now show in their respective Ability Books, with a lock icon.
- Unlock information is now displayed on the tooltip of the ability or spell.
- Lodestone teleports are now available within the ‘teleports’ section of the Magic Ability Book, below existing teleport spells.
- Using them from the Magic Book will perform a quick or standard teleport, depending on your settings.
- Extra filters have been added to Ability Books, so you can display or hide the following:
- Unavailable abilities or spells
- Locked abilities or spells
- Lodestone teleports
Pets & Familiars
- Ravens have been converted to follower pets on the interface.
- Incubating Raven Eggs will now unlock them in a specific order rather than at random.
- Players who lost a Raven before this update can reclaim it from a Pet Shop owner.
- The original Penguin pets have been converted to follower pets on the Pets interface.
- Incubating Penguin Eggs will unlock these pets in order of grey, brown, and then blue (depending on what you’ve already unlocked).
- Growth stages can be toggled within the interface.
- Players who lost a Penguin before this update can reclaim it from a Pet Shop owner.
- Players can now speak to a Pet Shop owner to unlock any God Bird, Baby Dragon or Raccoon pet that ran away before their respective interface updates.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Anima Creature, Revenant Pet and Bombi from transferring their current appearance to an already overriden Legendary pet or familiar.
Action Bars & Combat
- The Auto-Retaliate button can now be dragged to the Action Bar.
- On mobile, the Adrenaline Bar itself can also be dragged to the Action Bar.
- Pressing the Auto-Retaliate icon on mobile will now toggle retaliation behaviour.
- On mobile, Cure and Regenerate can now be activated using the Heart icon.
- The Heart icon and Health Bar can now also be dragged to the Action Bar on mobile
- The Summoning and Prayer globes can now be dragged to the Action Bar on mobile.
General QoL & Ninja Bugfixes
- Interacting with Manifested Knowledge while skilling will no longer interrupt the skilling action.
- Added mini Summoning Obelisks to all main Archaeology dig sites, including the Archaeology Campus.
- Replaced an old version of weapon poison drops on various NPCs with the correct version of weapon poison.
- Fixed an issue where ability tooltips would not show correctly if they were currently being affected by the perk effects of a Dinosaur Farm Animal.
- Prevented the ability to set an auto-fire rate for the Kal’gerion Demon Familiar’s special attack, as it couldn’t actually be auto-fired to begin with.
- The Bones To Bananas and Bones To Peaches spells will now correctly highlight only when the player has suitable Bones in their backpack.
- Scarabs within Het’s Oasis will now respawn at a faster rate during Scarab Hunting.
- The scarab stack buff hover text will now correctly state the maximum as five scarabs, if you have the scarab stack increase upgrade unlocked.
- Strange and Golden Rocks will no longer always be given when constructing Flower Baskets and the Water Filtration System.
- The boosts from the Reaper Crew achievement will no longer be applied to players who haven’t unlocked it.
- Buckets will now be destroyed when using compost on flower bushes, if ‘Destroy empty buckets when farming’ is checked on in Settings.
- Following feedback, Dwarf Multicannons can no longer be placed within Het’s Oasis.
- The Holy Scarab has been added to the ‘And Green’ achievement.
- The Animalingual achievement will no longer re-lock upon removing an Amulet from the Cramulet.
- The Animalingual achievement now lists the Amulets required.
- Fixed issue where some players could not access Het’s Tomb while in the quest’s instance.
- Fixed issue where players would be teleported back to Het’s statue if they teleported to either their POH or Port.
- Fixed a stretching issue with Saradomin’s chathead that could be seen when speaking to him at the Senntisten Cathedral.
- Zarador no longer appears in Senntisten twice.
- Fixed a couple of typos with Faldi’s dialogue.
- Fixed a typo within the Eye of Het II miniquest.
- The Holy Scarab will now drain Prayer points as expected when using multiple prayers.
- Extra Prayer experience obtained from Powder of Burials will now work with the Bonecrusher.
- The warning given when attempting to stack a Prayer powder will now state the correct amount of time left.
- The quiver can no longer be taken to the Barbarian Assault minigame.
- A number of Clue Scroll steps were taking the player to incorrect or broken locations when using the Globetrotter Jacket teleport. These have now been fixed.
- A Clue Scroll near Het’s Oasis was in a blocked location. This has now been moved.
- The Spirit of Chantli can be unlocked by talking to the Acca Kanatah if the Call of the Ancestors quest is completed.
- The player will now be sent back to the game world as expected whenever leaving the Corporeal Beast’s cave.
- Some map blocking has been added to the Ripper Demon cave to prevents players from negating a lot of their attacks using a Combat Dummy target.
- Updated the Abyssal Whip’s special attack description, as it was inconsistent with how the special attack actually works.
- Changed the ‘Can’t Log In?’ messaging on the Authenticator pop up to ‘Lost your Authenticator?’ to avoid confusion. Selecting it will take you to the ‘Disabling The Authenticator’ support page.
- Fixed an issue where loading a preset with a Smouldering item equipped force dropped an item from the preset onto the ground.
- Fixed an issue where dialogue text during the Tale of Two Cats quest was unreadable due to being orange.
- Mobile: Players can now swap action buttons when using action bars 14 and 15.