RuneScape update is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official RuneScape game patch notes, the latest update added various bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Since the last patch, players are facing a number of problems with the game. Today’s RuneScape patch will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
What is new in RuneScape February 2 Update?
- Since the release of Archaeology, we’ve noticed the Ripper Demon familiar is the optimal choice for the majority of combat scenarios. So, we’ve done a balancing pass on the lesser-used familiars to give them a bit more potential:
The Hellhound familiar was underwhelming – it had a niche as a tank option to help survive big bursts of damage, but 10% damage reduction didn’t offer enough benefits to outweigh other options such as Beasts of Burden or damaging familiars.
- Hellhound damage reduction passive effect has been increased from 10% to 20%.
The Blood Reaver has seen a bit more use recently, as some players pair it with Cinderbane Gauntlets to create a demon-based poison mini-gun. On the whole, though, it’s not popular. We’re adding some power to its Scroll to increase its viability as a healing familiar whilst also increasing its passive to hopefully appeal to players stacking life drain effects.
- HP increased from 8,300 to 20,000.
- Scroll effect decreased from 10% to 5% (Total healing overall increased).
- Healing-to-damage passive effect increased from 25% to 33%.
The Kal’gerion has fallen flat in almost all scenarios, only seeing usage when paired with the Fractured Staff of Armadyl. We’re wary of over-buffing it, given the strong synergy with any future critical strike buffs. As a result, we’ve decided to address the high-input playstyle that is unappealing to a large proportion of players and give it a small passive effect.
- Bugfix: Kalgerion’s attack speed was incorrect given its damage rating, we’ve updated it to use the intended attack speed: Attack speed increased from 4.8 seconds to 2.4 seconds.
- Crit-i-cal Scroll effect duration increased from 15 seconds to 60 seconds.
- New familiar passive: gives 1% critical strike chance to players using a Kal’gerion familiar.
- Rewards from the Oasis Restoration community event can now be unlocked as rare drops by skilling around Het’s Oasis.
- The Duel Arena destruction cutscene will now automatically play when talking to Icthlarin by the entrance, instead of when entering the area.
- The community chest and task board have now been removed from Het’s Oasis.
- Improved digging function of Meerkats and Void Ravager.
- Fixed an issue with teleport to Crystal Skillchompa via Volcanic Trapper Head.
- The Kami-shima sanctuary was visible from The Arc world map. This was unintended and has now been fixed.
- The ‘Let Us Slay’ achievement’s platform-specific description now refers to either Turael or Spria, according to your current Burthorpe Slayer Master.
- If a player has previously completed a Troll Warzone Gelatinous Abomination task, Turael will now skip the step in his Burthorpe path that required the player to defeat Gelatinous Abominations.
- Fixed an issue during the In Search of the Myreque quest where dialogue with Veliaf was far too light to be read against the chatbox background.
- Additionally the NPC introductions and steel weapon list have been converted to pop ups to make it easier to read and understand what you have left to complete or gather.
- The String Jewellery spell icon included a small Zaros God symbol. This was unintentional and the symbol has now been removed.
- Fixed an issue with examine text of Glacors and Glacytes in the Glacor Front.
- Updated the font color on the Garden of Tranquility item list. The text should now be easier to read.
- Zemouregal’s notes on the other Mahjarrat have been updated to be more readable.
- We’ve released some new art for checkboxes on mobile