A new RuneScape update is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official RuneScape game patch notes, the latest update brings various new changes and bug fixes.
Since the last patch, players are facing a number of problems with the game. Today’s RuneScape patch will fix a few of these issues.
Check out more details below.
What is new in RuneScape Update? – July 12, 2022
Zamorak, Lord of Chaos
Mobs inside the Zamorakian Undercity have had their health pools adjusted. Several will now start with a lower base HP but scale slightly harder. This will mean fewer hitpoints need to be dealt with at all Enrages, with Normal mode being the most affected.
- Slightly changed the number of mobs on some dungeon gates, in particular reducing the number of demons that need to be killed at lower Enrages.
- Addressed a safe spot within the fight with Eterna, Ritual Leader that kept players safe from her spiked floor traps.
- Following feedback, several changes have been made to the Chaos Roar melee ability:
- Ability now requires a target to cast and needs to hit in order to apply the buff meaning it’s no longer an effective switch for non-melee players.
- Deals a small chunk of damage 20-130%.
- Updated the tooltip to reflect these changes.
- Now works for ALL hits in AOE / Twin hit abilities
- As an example, the Hurricane ability will now double against all targets.
- For channelling abilities, only the first hit will be doubled.
- Reduced the size of the portal clickbox within the Zamorakian Undercity cathedral.
- Prevented an issue that allowed players who died to be pulled into phase seven while they were in the Zamorakian Undercity as their team mates transitioned into Infernus
- Updated the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos total kills quickchat to reflect the amount achieved in group encounters.
- Added a quickchat for Zamorak, Lord of Chaos total kills in solo, which will also output the player’s highest Enrage.
- Fixed an issue with the Flames of Zamorak attack spawning in incorrect locations.
- Fixed an issue causing the Zamorak Boss to spawn his minions in the wrong locations.
- Fixed an issue with the Zamorak reward chest not spawning for the players who died during the encounter.
- Fixed a crash on Intel GPU devices when entering the Zamorak boss dungeon.
- Fixed an issue with missing healing from the ‘Guardian’s Triumph’ buff during the Zamorak encounter.
- Fixed an issue where the Haste effect would not correctly reduce the cooldown of the Disruption Shield spell.
- Corrected some typos on Zamorak’s Coven Generals Hex tooltip.
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Executed’ hitplate, which was not displaying in the correct language on non-English clients.
- Burnt Bones now work with the Bonecrusher item.
- Hotfixed: Story Mode damage reduction is now applied correctly. For reference, the figure is 90% damage reduction compared to Normal Mode.
- Hotfixed: Reduced the HP scaling of mobs within the Zamorakian Undercity by 66% in Enrage mode.
Hotfixed: Fixed an issue causing lower player attack range during phase seven, preventing some channelled abilities from being used.
- Hotfixed: Fixed an issue that would prevent HiScores logging in some situations where a player died.
- Hotfixed: Fixed a rare issue where players would be affected by Zamorak’s world-ending AoE attack if they died and were outside the boss arena.
- Hotfixed: Players who are at a certain point of the Vault of Shadows miniquest can now continue the Aftermath miniquest by speaking to Dr Nabanik.
- Hotfixed: Resolved an issue that was stopping players from passing beyond 20% Enrage.
- Hotfixed: Fixed an issue that was causing Hellhounds in the Zamorakian Undercity to drop Clue Scrolls at an unintentionally high rate. Bad doggies!
- The Beach: Fixed an issue with the non-reset XP boost from Cocktails when they expire.
- The Beach: Players can now get the drop from the skilling drop table while under the influence of advanced Cocktails.
- Journey to Iaia: The section of the Iaia track background that went missing has now been safely returned!
- Journey to Iaia: Fixed the issue with the ‘PH’ tag in the Band of Iaia item description.
- Journey to Iaia: Fixed an issue causing the Familiar override checkbox to not persist when reopening the interface for Iaia Track Pets.
- The amount of Herblore XP gained from Protean Shakes has been adjusted.
- Descriptions of all Dinarrows have been updated to reflect their functionality.
- Fixed an issue with script errors appearing upon opening Settings.