Rocket League update 2.09 released on PS4, PC and Xbox One. According to the official Rocket League 2.09 patch notes, the latest update added a new ball controls are now available in Free Play. Apart from this, Rocket League patch 2.09 also includes various bug fixes.
Previously, a big update added quality of life changes. Unfortunately, players are experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online.
Today’s Rocket League version 2.09 will resolve a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Rocket League 2.09 Patch Notes
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Free Play Ball Control
- New ball controls are now available in Free Play
- We want to thank everyone who contributes to BakkesMod and their hard work for inspiring this feature addition
- You can now control the ball in five different ways with the push of a button:
- Take Possession: Places the ball in front of your car
- Start Dribble: Places the ball on the hood of your car
- Pass Ball: Sends the ball towards your car
- Sometimes the pass will be just left or right of your car, depending on the angle and position, so heads up!
- Launch Ball: Behaves similarly to tip-off in Hoops
- Defend Shot: Shoots the ball towards the closest goal
- These new controls can be used together
- Example: You can use Launch Ball to send it high, then Defend Shot to mimic a shot from the ceiling or high up on the wall
- Ball Reset continues to work as before (return to the kickoff position)
- Defend Shot and Pass Ball don’t always work as intended in some arenas and modes, including:
- Double Goals (Rocket Labs)
- Utopia Retro (Rocket Labs)
- [Nintendo Switch] When using a single Joy-Con for controls, Free Play Ball Control is disabled
- Addressed the appearance of several Decals including Leviathan, Chameleon, and Trigon.
- Addressed an issue causing Esports Shop Decals to cover trim on Painted Car Bodies.
- Addressed an issue with the News Panel.
Download free Rocket League update 2.06 on PS4 and Xbox One.