Rocket League update 2.04 is now available on PS4, PC and Xbox One. According to the official Rocket League patch notes, the latest update removed voice chat and added 120fps support for PS5. Apart from this, Rocket League patch 2.04 also includes various bug fixes.
Previously, a big update added quality of life changes and fixes. Unfortunately, since the last patch, players are experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online.
Today’s Rocket League version 2.04 will resolve a few of these issues. Read more details below.
Rocket League 2.04 Patch Notes
- We are temporarily removing voice chat with v2.04. As many of our players know, the current voice chat system is not up to modern standards, making it difficult to use in a fast-paced game environment. We’re also aware that some players experience performance issues when using in-game voice chat — some sort of mid-match lag or service disruption — and we do not want voice chat to hinder quality of play.
- Earlier this summer, we said that we are working on bringing an improved, more comprehensive voice chat system to Rocket League. We are on track to bring voice chat back to the game in early 2022. We’ll share more details once we’re closer to voice chat making a siiick comeback next year.
[PlayStation 5] 120 FPS Support
- [PlayStation 5] Fixed a bug preventing 120 FPS support on the PS5
- Players on PS5 can now play at:
- 4K at 120 FPS without HDR
- 4K at 60 FPS with HDR
- To play at 120 FPS, compatible hardware (HDMI 2.1-capable 4K/120 Hz display, HDMI 2.1 cable) is required
- 120 FPS support also requires the appropriate video settings on your console. To change your Video Quality Settings on your PlayStation 5:
- Go to Settings from the PlayStation 5 Home Screen
- Select Screen and Video
- Select Video Output
- Set Enable 120 Hz Output to Automatic
- HDR is disabled in Rocket League when 120 Hz is enabled. Rocket League will output at 4K at 60 FPS with HDR if Enable 120 Hz Output is set to Off.
Download free Rocket League update 2.04 on PS4 and Xbox One.