Roboquest update 0.6.0 (Summer Update 2) is now available to download on PC (Steam). According to the official Roboquest patch notes, the latest Roboquest patch 0.6.0 added new random level chunks, class changes, new weapons, new enemies, and much more.
Previously, a big update was released with various bug fixes and gameplay changes.
Read more details below.
One of our primary focuses was to add as many quality of life changes as possible over the development time we allocated for this update. This includes small things such as crosshair options as well as more important changes such as Judgeball rebalances.
Several levels have received new chunks for their random generation. This should increase the diversity of the level designs you walk (or rather, slide, jump, run) through.
The guardian ability is back to being togglable, the Engineer can decrease the cooldown of its Drone ability by gathering scrap with its Hand-Blaster and the Commando passive now does more than just buffing its cooldown reduction.
We added two new weapons to the game, one being… A CHAINSAW!
We added several enemies to the game, and we used them to rework the roster of enemies of various levels.
Aside from these changes, we also wanted to take a moment to talk about a few important points:
We received many reports and feedback about mouse inputs failing to register (thus weapons failing to shoot or melee attack failing to perform if bound to the mouse). We’re sorry about this inconvenience which is very damaging for the game experience. As far as we know, this is an issue coming from Unreal Engine and we’re still not sure on the proper way to fix it. We have hopes that updating the engine to new versions might fix that issue, but so far we have no reason to think it has been fixed. We’re continuing to monitor this and to think of ways to prevent it from happening.
A part of the team including the programmers will be on holidays after this update lands. This means that we won’t be able to hotfix the live build like we usually do. We’ve been working hard for the past six months to bring updates to the table and it’s finally time to get some rest. We wish you all good holidays as well (for those lucky enough to have that). We take this opportunity to thank you all for your continuous support and your kind feedback and reviews.
You can expect more downtime in between this update and the next one. We plan to release it in Fall. The Fall update will feature big changes for weapon alternative fires, perk upgrade system and a rework of the core system (another one!). We will also be working on bringing back the Roadmap and try to make it more accurate at describing what we’re working on and what you can expect in the future.
Thanks to all playtesters and translators who worked with us on the update!
A few languages are still being worked on, they will be added later down the road.
Also, the playtest is now closed!
We hope you’ll enjoy this new update, don’t hesitate to give us your feedback on the usual channels, we’re always glad to read them.
Here are the full details of the patch-notes:
• We updated our Unreal Engine version, while you should not experience any difference, some graphical issues or artifacts might come up as well as unintended behaviors in some of the game systems
• Shield is back as a mechanic: it works as additional health which can’t be recovered through Repair-o-Cells, only with Repair-o-Bots. As long as you have Shield, it reduces damage taken by a fixed percent (depending on Shield source)
• Mark damage amplification on Bosses reduced from 50% to 30%
• Mark duration halved on Bosses
• Mark damage amplification against regular enemies increased from 50% to 70%
• Enemy damage and aggressiveness reduced in Easy mode
• Rebooting time (brobot revive) increased from 1s to 2.25s
• You are now unable to interact with weapons dropping off chests for a very short time, making it less likely to pick-up a weapon unintentionally when spam-clicking to open the chest
• The player characters legs now properly sticks to slopes and edges instead of floating around
• Wrench cost for reroll and level-up consoles reduced by approximately 30%
• Some intensive CPU calculations have been improved
Developer’s Note: We’re currently still trying things out with Cores as we’re not happy with both the previous and current implementation (equipable vs consumable). We still haven’t found the exact system we’d like for the game. Instead of switching around once more in this version (which is a long process), we simply modified the bonus granted by each stat to solve some of the issues we spotted. We want the future system to induce more depth and interesting choices into the core system.
• The Assault stat no longer increases melee damage, instead it increases movement speed (like before)
Developer’s Note: This no longer forces melee builds to choose the Assault stat and consequently be limited to Assault weapons.
• The bonus granted by the Robo stat has been modified for each class (view details in the Class section below)
Developer’s Note: This will likely create the issue that the optimized way to build is to always pick the Robo stat as a second stat, it’s not what we want but we think it’s currently the least damaging change for the game overall.
Protective Bubble is now a togglable ability (using a battery system, like the previous iteration)
Beefcake now grants starting Shield instead of additional starting health
• The Robo stat now increases Melee damage and Shield amount
• Fury no longer increases cooldown speed, instead it increases weapons’ firerate, reload speed and ability cast speed
• Fury is now gauge-based and fades slower than before
• The Robo stat now increases Melee and Ability damage
• Hand-Blaster no longer has a cooldown
Hand-Blaster now drops scrap when dealing damage and drops extra scraps on takedown (destroying an enemy), each scrap gathered reduces Drone cooldown
• The Robo stat now increases Melee and Ability damage
• The Robo stat now increases Melee damage and reduces Ability cooldown
Developer’s Note: We’re still working on a new perk system for 0.7.0 but we needed to make changes to perks of level II and III in the meantime. In the previous version, we had to push their values up to make them interesting to pick but it was breaking the balance of the game. Therefore we reduced these values in this update and they might feel less interesting to pick. Hopefully, this is only temporary and the next system should feel much better. In the meantime, we’re trying out new things and continuously listening to your feedback as well as our data to bring new perks to the table.
• Many level II and III perk values have been decreased
• New perks have been added for all classes
Scoping now automatically gathers cells, regardless of how the takedown was applied (whether it was a critical hit, a normal hit or a perk effect initiated from the shot)
Firerate bonuses further reduce the heat cost of cooling weapons
• Two new weapons have been added
• Several new affixes have been added to the game
• Elemental affixes now appear as blue affixes, making them able to appear earlier in the run
• As a result, rerolling a blue affix can grant an elemental effect, and vice versa, rerolling an elemental effect may grant a non-elemental effect
• We removed the Starting Gun upgrade and made the Revolver and Flare gun lootable again like other weapons
Developer’s Note: These two guns’ use rates decreased considerably (not only because of the bug preventing you from purchasing the upgrade, lol) so we made them lootable again and buffed their performance a little.
Stopwatch cooldown reduction increased from 10% to 12%
• Stopwatch cooldown reduction also works with Guardian’s battery regeneration speed
• Footballer Shoes headbonk damage bonus increased from 120% to 150%
• New enemies added to various levels: Minepod, Beamfly, Beampod, Swingfly and Megafly
• Goliaths now automatically loot three Repair-o-Cells
• Gunpawns now shoot two bullets in a row instead of one
• Guardpawns charge distance detection has been decreased
Developer’s Note: We’re sorry about making Judgeball such a dreaded (and often deadly) boss. We’re modifying some of his attacks in this update but unbalanced (or unfair) bosses might be something occurring again in the future. We’re trying to avoid that but we wanted to let you know that mistakes might be made.
The Beam attack now automatically stops after applying its damage twice, but the damage of each tick has been increased to compensate
Leashpods no longer instantly leash you, instead they channel for a short amount of time and have a telegraph laser to highlight it
Charge attack speed has been reduced and now only bounces once (instead of multiple times)
• Haven City, Haven City – Corrupted and Canyons have received new random level design chunks
• The requirement for Cells S Rank has been increased from 85% of total cells to 90%
• The requirement for Time Ranks have been tweaked based on game data
• Repair-o-Bots have been removed from Haven-City (as a result of the Goliaths now looting Repair-o-Cells)
• It’s no longer required to pick-up keys in Haven City, instead you just have to destroy the four Goliaths to open up the door to the next level
• Same goes for Haven City Corrupted, clearing the challenge rooms will automatically count towards the number of rooms you have to clear to open up the boss door
• Jumping with the hoverbus in the loading screen should feel more responsive
New crosshair options are available (type, dynamism, color and opacity)
Added Auto Sprint Mode (to always be sprinting and slow down with sprint hotkey)
Added Crouch Mode (Toggle, Hold, Both)
You can now bind two different sets of keys with the Gamepad (like Keyboard/Mouse)
• Added new animations on Bosses’ compass locators when they perform certain attacks
Engineer’s drones now have a compass to locate them on the map
• A new hud overlay to display the objective counter in Haven City and Haven City – Corrupted has been added
• Goliaths in Haven City are now displayed on the map all the time
Added various ‘Game Tips’ to the loading screen
• Added new specific “Ambient” sounds for each level when playing without music
• Enemies now stop their looping sound when they are being stunned or frozen
• Added missing sound when picking-up Repair-o-Cells
• The Dual Uzi has been renamed Dual Uzis
• Damage increased from 7.0 to 8.0
• Impact force increased from 6.5 to 7.0
• Damage increased from 10.0 to 11.0
• Impact force increased from 13.0 to 14.0
• The Dual Crossbow has been renamed Dual Crossbows
• Damage increased from 38.0 to 42.0
• Critical ratio decreased from 1.75 to 1.5
• Damage increased from 56.0 to 58.0
• Impact force increased from 54.0 to 56.0
• Charge duration decreased from 0.35 to 0.25
• Sentry Turrets damage decreased from 5 to 4.5
• Damage increased from 20.0 to 24.0
• Critical ratio decreased from 3.5 to 3.25
• Damage increased from 31.0 to 32.0
• Radius increased from 1.8 to 1.9
• Damage increased from 12.0 to 14.0
• Damage increased from 10.0 to 11.0
• Damage increased from 23.0 to 24.0
• The Energy Gauntlet has been renamed Energy Gauntlets
• Damage increased from 14.0 to 15.0
• Range increased from 9.0 to 12.0
• The recoil pattern has been updated
• Damage increased from 60.0 to 64.0
• Damage increased from 18.0 to 19.0
• Damage increased from 9.5 to 10.0
• Impact force increased from 8.0 to 9.0
• Damage decreased from 12.0 to 11.5
• Damage increased from 34.0 to 36.0
• Impact force increased from 45.0 to 48.0
• Damage increased from 11.0 to 14.0
• Impact force increased from 11.0 to 13.0
• Damage increased from 19.0 to 20.0
• Impact force increased from 10.0 to 14.0
• The recoil pattern has been updated
• Damage increased from 8.5 to 9.0
• Impact force increased from 8.5 to 9.0
• Damage decreased from 7.0 to 6.0
• Damage decreased from 20.0 to 19.0
• Action duration decreased from 0.5 to 0.25
• Drone base damage decreased from 5 to 4
• Damage decreased from 45.0 to 30.0
• Impact force decreased from 45.0 to 25.0
• Removed cooldown duration, can now be used anytime
• Damage increased from 60.0 to 65.0
• Impact force increased from 85.0 to 90.0
• Radius increased from 2.0 to 2.5
• Cooldown decreased from 4.0 to 3.0
• Bosses’ health should no longer be desynchronized between the two players.
• Judgeball will no longer spin roll indefinitely in the same spot under certain circumstances.
• Beetle Royale will no longer move during its spinning attack when being stunned or frozen.
• Dr. Turret laser will no longer flicker and teleport from a place to another in client.
• Rerolling weapon affixes can no longer roll different affixes for the two players.
• Game cinematics failing to start will no longer stuck you indefinitely or in a state where you are unable to ‘Start Adventure’, it will skip the game cinematic instead.
• Fixed an interaction between charging alternative fire and cooling gauge which would cause the gauge to cool slower than intended.
• The game will no longer freeze permanently when accepting the invitation of a multiplayer game which no longer exists.
• The user interface when rebooting your brobot now properly appears under all circumstances.
• Engineer’s drones can no longer shoot at and destroy enemies during the loading screen, fixing some cases of infinite loading times.
• Switching while scoping will no longer lock the interface in scope mode.
• Pressing escape after beating Beetle Royal will no longer lock the game in pause mode.
• Fixed instances of weapons failing to reload.
• The weapon affix Fork Shot no longer deals twice the intended damage with explosive weapons (it was a bug, and you definitely took advantage of it :D).
• The visual effect of the Trigger Discipline perk will no longer persist on death.
• Picking the Favorite Weapon perk will no longer prevent you from shooting while scoping.
Download free Roboquest patch 0.6.0 on PC (Steam).