Rainbow Six Siege version 1.72 (Y4S3.1) released on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Rainbow Six Siege update 1.72 patch notes, the latest update brings changes to the Reverse Friendly Fire system with RFF Squad Management, and a change to how Goyo (and Capitao’s) fire interacts with Hostage under the RFF system. Apart from this, today’s R6 update 1.72 also includes further improvements to the RFF system to moderate griefing teammates.
Previously, a big Operation Ember Rise update was released with update two operators – Amaru and Goyo and reworked Kanal map. The last update also added the new Champions rank, Unranked playlist, new Operators menu, changes to the Shop interface and Player VS AI.
Unfortunately, since the last update, many players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s R6 update 1.72 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Rainbow Six Siege Version 1.72 patch notes
Hostage has evolved.
- Hostage is now immune to fire (both Goyo’s Volcan and Capitao)
- To prevent incidences of team griefing towards Goyo under the RFF system, we’ve decided to make hostage immune to fire.
RFF SQUAD MANAGEMENT
- We have now expanded the RFF system to squads. If players of the same squad damage or TK other team members, RFF will be activated for all members of that squad.
Bug Fixes in R6 update 1.72
- Fixed a bug where crashing issues on PS4
- Addressed an issue where player exploit to vote on themselves when a Vote Kick is triggered and they are the ones being kicked
- Addressed an issue where if player crouches or goes prone and then falls, their upwards view can be obstructed by their character model.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 1.72 fixed a bug where operator’s shield clips through the wall at 2F Offices on Border
- Addressed an issue where inconsistent wall destruction in 2F hallway on Coastline
- Fixed a bug where players can barricade a door behind the boxes in 1F Hannam Hallway of Fortress
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.72 addressed an issue where player flickering wall texture in EXT Garden Path of Fortress
- Fixed a bug where small texture gap on Central Stairs of Fortress
- Addressed an issue where players can clip through the ceiling domes in Fortress
- R6 update 1.72 addressed an issue where misaligned wall in 2F Bathroom on Fortress
- Addressed an issue where missing visual texture on walls in 3F Cigar Lounge on Kafe.
- Rainbow Six Siege version 1.72 fixed a bug where Mira’s black mirror can clip through an unbreakable surface if deployed at the West wall of 2F Staff Section on Plane.
- Rainbow Six Siege update 1.72 addressed an issue where level skybox sometimes visible when loading in on the first boot
- Fixed a bug where stat tracking issues when using Twitch drones to destroy gadgets
- Addressed an issue where various minor visual cosmetic fixes on headgears and uniforms.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.72 fixed a bug where phone reset animation plays on the wrong side when getting a call from Dokkaebi.
- Fixed a bug where [Caster] Operators are detected on the basement level instead of the first floor in spectator mode.
- Added various under the hood fixes with Rainbow Six Siege 1.72.
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.72 is now available for download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.