Rainbow 6 Siege version 2.06 released on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. According to the official Rainbow 6 Siege update 2.06 patch notes, the latest update added quality of life improvements. Apart from this, Rainbow 6 patch 2.06 also includes performance improvements.
Previously, a big Operation Neon Dawn update added a new defender (Aruni), new accessibility features, reworked the Skyscraper map, and more. The last patch also added changes to Echo’s Yokai, and Hibana’s X-Kairos.
Unfortunately, since the last update, players are still experiencing several issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s Rainbow 6 Siege version 2.01 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
What is new in Rainbow 6 Siege update 2.06?
- Replaced Smoke Grenades with Claymore
- The S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher destroys Mira’s Black Mirror window
- Reduced the C7E magazine capacity to 25+1 bullets (from 30+1)
- Reduced the C7E damage to 42 (from 46)
- Reduced the 416-C magazine capacity to 25+1 (from 30+1)
- Increased the 416-C vertical kick
- Increased the magazine capacity to 7 (from 5)
- Increased the fire duration to 7s (from 5s)
- Reduced the detonation time to 0.75s (from 1s)
- Increased the fire area radius to 1.9m (from 1.7m)
- Increased the projectile “distance to start drop” to 20m (from 8m)
- Increased the projectile speed to 30 (from 20)
- Reduced the equip time to 0.65s (from 0.9s)
- Reduced the unequip time to 0.3s (from 0.42s)
- Replace Claymore with Smoke Grenades
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
Designated Marksman Rifle (ATTACKERS)
- Removed access to 1.0x scopes
- Gave access to 1.5x, 2.0x, and 2.5x scopes
- Added 3.0x as default scope
Removal of Tactical Realism
- Removed the Tactical Realism playlist type from Custom Games.
- Added Interface Preferences to the Options menu that allow players to enable and disable some HUD parameters.
- All Tactical Realism playlists that have been saved by players will be removed.
Ranked Match Cancellation
- A vote to cancel a match can only be triggered during the Preparation Phase in the first round of the match.
- When a player refrains from voting, it is considered a “no” vote instead of not being counted.
- The vote is still decided by the majority, with ties going in favor of a cancel.
- Fixed a bug where Attackers can use 2 drones to push the planted defuser inside the objective room.
- Fixed a bug where Ping marker doesn’t appear if the player aims too close to the edge of an asset.
- Addressed an issue where defenders can prevent a match cancellation by prematurely ending the round.
- Addressed an issue where defenders are detected by Proximity Alarm if a Defender is eliminated while throwing one.
- Fixed a bug where The drone can see through the curtains above the window near 1F Red Stairs on Villa map.
- Addressed an issue where doorway on the eastern side of 2F Bedroom is blocked if the player is AFK on Club House map.
- Fixed a bug where Player is able to glitch inside of the car located in Garage on House map.
- Addressed an issue where drones get stuck inside the pile of wood in EXT Stable on Villa map.
- Fixed a bug where Payphones have no collision with Operators on Outback map.
- Fixed a bug where The spotlight in 1F Waiting Room no longer illuminates the environment when looking at it from 1F Customs Inspection on Border map.
- Fixed a bug where Defenders can be detected outdoors when they stand near the door frame in 1F Waiting room on Border map.
- Fixed a bug where Multiple destruction, texture, and clipping issues on various maps.
- Addressed an issue where various instances of Operators’ legs clipping through maps.
- Addressed an issue where – Multiple exploitable gaps on various maps.
- Fixed an issue where – Frost’s Welcome Mat is clipping through the two rugs at 1F Mudroom on Chalet map.
- Addressed an issue where – Kapkan can deploy a trap inside the desk near 2F Break Room on Border map.
- Addressed an issue where various LOS, navigation, and clipping issues on Outback map.
- Fixed a bug where Defenders get detected outside when standing in the doorway between 1F Lobby and 1F Courtyard on Coastline map.
- Fixed a bug where Echo’s Yokai and captured drones lose their signal on the stairs in B Snowmobile Garage Corridor on Chalet map.
- Fixed a bug where When Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge explodes, its HUD remains on screen.
- Fixed a bug where Team kills from the RCE-Ratero Charge aren’t treated as an exemption and will activate RFF on Flores.
- Fixed a bug where The first-person animation when vaulting with a shield is different than the third-person animation.
- Addressed a bug where Aruni’s special melee attacks do not break the glass of some bookcases but will destroy objects behind them.
- Fixed a bug where If Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge is deployed next to a drone and the player enters Observation Tools at the same time that the RCE-Ratero Charge explodes, the RCE and drone HUDs will stay on screen for a second.
- Fixed a bug where Minor cosmetic and UI issues.
- Addressed an issue where various Audio, SFX and Animation issues throughout the game.
- Fixed a bug where Enabling RAW input affects mouse movement randomly.
- Fixed a bug where Infinite loading present if the player starts a match replay and enters the Options menu before the Operator reveal is over.
- Addressed an issue where various UI and navigation issues throughout the game.
- Addressed an issue where various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Error is received when attempting to purchase currency packs or digital content from the first party store in-game on PS5.
- FIXED – Inconsistent difficulty for Flores in the Battle Pass section and the Operators section
- FIXED – Player is kicked from Squad after changing their spoken language on Xbox.
- Fixed the Clash exploit on consoles.
- Addressed game crashing issues.
- Fixed various framerate drop and lag issue.
- Matchmaking improvements added with today’s update.
- Addressed network connection related fixes.
- Stability and performance improvements added.
- Other under the hood fixes.
Download free Rainbow 6 Siege update 2.06 on PS4, PC, and Xbox One.