Rainbow Six Siege update Y7S1 will soon roll out on PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One. According to R6 Siege Y7S1 patch notes, the latest update added a new defender Azami (Kiba barrier gadget), permanent Team Deathmatch mode, and changes for Goyo, Melusi, Thunderbird, Kali, Valkyrie, and Zero. Apart from this, Rainbow 6 Siege patch Y7S1 also includes stability fixes.
Previously, a big season 3 update was released with various quality of life changes and fixes. Read more details below
Table of Contents
What is the Rainbow Six Siege Y7S1 patch download size?
Find the download sizes for each platform below.
- Ubisoft Connect: 4.4 GB
- Steam: 3.8 GB
- Xbox One: 13.82 GB
- Xbox Series X: 13.17 GB
- PS4: 5.17 GB
- PS5: 4.66 GB
What is new in R6 Siege Y7S1?
Added a new defender Azami (Kiba barrier gadget)
The Kiba Barrier is a modified kunai that sticks to a surface after it’s thrown and releases a material that first expands then solidifies, creating a bulletproof barrier to patch up those holes in your defenses.
The arrival of Demon Veil brings a new playlist featuring the classic game mode, Team Deathmatch. The Deathmatch playlist was created to provide the perfect environment for players to warm up and practice their aim before competitive matches, as well as offer a more casual gameplay experience within Siege.
- Matches last 5 minutes or until one team reaches 75 eliminations.
- Limited time outdoors (Operators are eliminated after 10 seconds).
- Ability to change Operators during the match.
- Respawn is enabled.
- In-game chat is disabled.
- Join in Progress enabled.
- No abandon sanctions.
- Players can pick an Attacker or Defender regardless of their team.
- Multiple players can pick the same Operator.
- Unique abilities are unavailable (with the exception of Glaz’ Flip Sight).
- Shield Operators (Blitz, Montagne, and Clash) and Fuze’s Ballistic Shield are unavailable.
- Both teams have the same gadgets: frag, stun, and impact grenades.
- Barricades, Reinforcements, Observation Tools, Drones, and Rappel are unavailable.
- Map pool: Theme Park, Villa, and Favela.
MATCH REPLAY (CONSOLES)
Match Replay is now available on consoles and will save 2 hours of latest gameplay or up to 12 matches. In addition, Replay controls have been added as a controller layout for easier navigation within Match Replay.
OPERATORS PRICE DECREASE
As with every season, Demon Veil brings a price decrease for specific Operators. Mozzie and Gridlock are dropping to 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits, Oryx and Iana are changing to 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits, and Flores will now cost 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits. Take this opportunity to add them to your roster and maybe you’ll find your new main!
SEASONAL WEAPON SKIN
Demon Veil brings with it a stealthy new addition to your seasonal weapon skin selection. Obtain the Covert Ending Bundle to unlock the Sleek Lethality weapon skin and attachment skin, as well as the Yakuyoke charm. The seasonal weapon skin will be released at season launch and is available for purchase throughout the season. Once unlocked, it remains in your inventory indefinitely and can be applied to all available weapons.
CAMERA LOSES SIGNAL OUTSIDE
- When placed outdoors, Valkyrie’s Black Eye, Maestro’s Evil Eye, and the Bulletproof Camera will now lose signal after 10 seconds. The player must pick up and redeploy the cameras elsewhere to regain signal.
VALKYRIE + ZERO
- Valkyrie’s Black Eye and Zero’s ARGUS camera can now be accessed while in the air, but the video feed does not begin until the camera attaches to a surface.
ECHO + MOZZIE
- Both Echo and Mozzie’s drones can now be used outside for longer (10 seconds) to match the time it takes for cameras to lose signal.
- Melusi’s Banshee now opens quicker when activated, exposing it’s weak point earlier.
- Kali’s movement is no longer penalized when equipped with her marksman rifle.
- Thunderbird’s Kóna Station will only heal players below 100% health.
TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
YEAR 7 PASS + BATTLE PASS
- Back by popular demand, the premium Year 7 Pass will be available to purchase, granting access to the following benefits and VIP perks:
- 4 new Year 7 Operators
- 4 headgears and uniforms (included in Battle Passes)
- Access to the 4 Year 7 Battle Passes
- Unlock the first 20 tiers on each Year 7 Battle Pass as part of the Premium Bundles
- An exclusive Exotic Weapon Skin for the MPX
- Exclusive Valkyrie Byte Set
- Ash Chilled Bundle
- 14-day early access to each season’s new Operator
- 30% bonus Battle Points (not applied to Challenges or Achievements)
- Persistent Challenges
- Challenges will continue to unlock along a set time frame but will no longer be time-limited, allowing players to finish them at their own pace until the end of the Battle Pass.
- Replays are now compatible through the entire season and will not be deleted when patches or hotfixes are released.
- Replays will be available to play back until the final day of the season.
Customizable Ability Skins
- Players are now able to choose between different ability skins that they own as long as they are both owned and belong to the same Operator.
- Knife melee animation changed from a slash to a stab motion to match in-game hit detection.
Gadget and Ability Models
- Updated the model of Ela’s Grzmot Mine to display an LED when armed that matches the player’s Team Colors choice.
- Changed the model of the Breach Charge to display an LED that matches the player’s Team Colors choice.
- Updated the model of the Bulletproof Camera to better support last season’s gameplay rework of Bulletproof Cameras (camera rotation and EMP burst).
Speech to Text
- New option to enable Speech to Text functionality added to the Options menu.
- Improved the facial animation rigs, shaders and meshes used on current and future Operators.
- Match timer will now display times with milliseconds included during the last 10 seconds of the Action Phase.
HUD Adjustment in Support Mode
- Added ability/gadget status to player portrait when spectating in Support Mode and removed KDA.
Griefing and Players Disconnecting
- Harmful gadgets no longer damage players if the player who threw them disconnects, preventing toxic players from exploiting disconnections to grief and avoid sanctions.
- Added Chalet map and removed Bank map from the Newcomer playlist.
What is Fixed in R6 Siege Patch Y7S1?
FIXED – Entering Observation Tools will default to security cameras if one of a player’s Observation Tools was picked up or destroyed.
FIXED – Unable to pick up some devices that are deployed into small spaces.
FIXED – Camera goes out of bounds if watching a kill cam when the end of round replay begins.
FIXED – Windows don’t break when deploying a device on a barricade.
FIXED – After spawning, crosshairs can sometimes remain visible while aiming down sights.
FIXED – Camera goes out of bounds for Attackers in support mode when the last Attacker is eliminated and there are no Observation Tools on their team.
FIXED – Bulletproof Camera EMP burst disables electronic map objects for 15 seconds instead of 6 seconds.
FIXED – Bulletproof Camera EMP burst can destroy fragile map objects.
FIXED – Players can defuse the same bomb sight twice to win a Training Grounds match on Favela map.
FIXED – Ace’s S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher activates when deployed on the indestructible floor in 1F Lounge on Tower map.
FIXED – Multiple LOD issues on various maps.
FIXED – Azami’s Kiba Barrier doesn’t collapse when an operator stands on it.
FIXED – Pulse’s Cardiac Sensor can’t be unequipped after a player equips it and immediately swaps to a gadget.
FIXED – Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge floats midair when affected by Mute’s Signal Disruptor while jumping.
FIXED – Ying is unable to vault while holding a Candela.
FIXED – Bullet impact visuals appear on both of Maestro’s Evil Eyes when only one is shot.
FIXED – Activating Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge changes the Observation Tool that an Operator was viewing.
FIXED – Maverick’s Breaching Torch is unable to breach a reinforced wall when an Operator’s shield is pressed against the other side.
FIXED – Defenders lose the round and Goyo gets a Friendly Fire penalty if an Attacker moves the hostage near a Volcán Canister and disconnects after deploying a device to destroy the canister.
FIXED – Defenders lose the round and Wamai gets a Friendly Fire penalty if an Attacker moves the hostage near Wamai’s MAG-Net and disconnects after deploying a device to destroy the MAG-Net.
FIXED – Bandit’s Shock Wire can’t be deployed on a reinforced hatch when another device is in the center of it.
FIXED – Osa’s Talon-8 Shield remains visible if it’s destroyed by Maverick’s Breaching Torch during deployment.
FIXED – Fuze’s Cluster Charge can be deployed on an angle where a reinforced and indestructible wall meet.
FIXED – Various animation issues.
FIXED – Various VFX and audio issues.
FIXED – Various UI issues.
FIXED – Various localization issues.
FIXED – Various customization issues.
FIXED – Overall game performance.
FIXED – Player isn’t returned to the Watch section at the end of a match replay.
FIXED – Screen resolution slider for Display options can become unresponsive.
FIXED – Match Replay experiences long loading times when transitioning between rounds if the rewind and pause buttons are pressed repeatedly as the round ends.
FIXED – Crash occurs when multiple players repeatedly switch Operators while the lobby is paused by the host.
Download free Rainbow Six Siege patch Y7S1 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.