Rainbow Six Siege update 2.16 (1.000.020) for PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox One is now available to download. According to the official R6 2.16 patch notes, the fourth season of Year 6, High Calibre update added a new operator, balancing, tweaks, and fixes. Additionally, today’s Rainbow Six Siege version 2.16 also includes performance and stability improvements.
Unfortunately, players are still experiencing issues with the game. Today’s R6 Siege update 2.16 will fix a few of these issues.
Table of Contents
R6 2.16 Patch Notes (1.000.020) – November 30, 2021
New Operator Thorn (Defender)
MAP REWORK: OUTBACK
Outback has received a variety of updates to improve balancing and player comfort. Both the main building and its exterior have been modified to allow Attackers to create and execute more effective strategies. As well, new exterior soft walls have been added to the building, and some areas have been refurbished and cleaned up to remove junk and provide better lines of sight and balance.
A few new locations have been added to the map:
- 1F Convenience Store, 1F Compressor Room, 1F Gear Store, and 1F Beer Fridge have been combined into 1F Bike Repair and 1F Mechanic Shop.
- 2F Office Supply is larger and has an exterior soft wall.
- 1F Restaurant has been split into two rooms: 1F Restaurant and 1F Shark.
- 2F Covered Terrace is now an interior area that connects 2F Mezzanine and 2F Piano Room. The 2F Piano Room stairs have been removed.
- Players can customize their Operator’s unique abilities in the Loadout section.
- Players can navigate to any Operator in the Operators section and select the Appearance tab to view Headgear, Uniforms, Victory Celebrations, Operator Portraits, and Card Backgrounds.
- Players can customize their Operator Cards by mixing and matching Operator Portraits and Card Backgrounds. Their selections will be seen by teammates before everyone loads into the match and in various places in-game. They will also be seen by opponents they eliminate.
- UX and UI changes have been made to various customization menus to improve player comfort.
3D WEAPON SKINS
- Players can now acquire Exotic weapon skins during their Battle Pass progression. These new weapon skins have a unique 3D effect.
- Defenders now have access to a drone counter in the HUD to help them keep track of the number of regular drones they’ve destroyed. This feature can be turned off in the HUD section of the Options menu.
- Visuals for the HUD have been updated to be more in-line with the game’s art direction.
- Compass now displays pings and other marker locations, as well as feedback for height differences.
- Loadout (weapons, gadgets and unique abilities) was regrouped together to follow more consistent display rules.
- Text action reminders (ex: Press [SPACE] to Vault) have been replaced with icons to take up less space.
- She can now use the Adrenal Surge to revive herself, which is more consistent with other devices in-game, like Doc’s Stim Pistol.
- Her recoil boost has been removed.
- The Adrenal Surge cooldown has been increased to 20 seconds (was 10 seconds).
ECHO + MOZZIE
- Increased drones’ time outside the building to 10 seconds (was 3 seconds).
BULLETPROOF CAMERA REWORK
- Defenders can now rotate the Bulletproof Camera and use it to fire EMP bursts that disable opponent devices. EMP bursts cannot be fired by Attackers when the camera is hacked.
CAMERAS LOSE SIGNAL
- When placed outdoors, Valkyrie’s Black Eye, Maestro’s Evil Eye, and the Bulletproof Camera will now lose signal after 10 seconds. The player must pick up and redeploy the cameras elsewhere to regain signal.
- The increase to ADS speed provided by the Angled Grip is now 20% less than it was before.
GAMEPAD RECOIL COMFORT
- Reduced lateral recoil on:
- Jager – 416-C
- Ash – RC4
- Vigil – K1A
- Zofia – M762
- Ace – AK-12
- Warden, Dokkaebi, Vigil – SMG-12
- Mozzie, Aruni – P-10 Roni
- Alibi – Mx-4 Storm
TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
First Win of the Day Bonus
- Earn extra Battle Pass Points when winning any PVP playlist game within 24 hours of the first matched played.
- Time starts at the first match played and resets each day.
Battle Point Booster Update
- Boosters now give a 30% bonus for you, a 10% bonus for your teammates, and a 30% bonus for a team with at least 3 active Boosters.
- The bonus can be stacked for up to 100% bonus points.
DSEG – Disabled State for Electronic Gadgets
- Created more consistent Scoring and Warning messages.
- Operators’ access to Observation Tools while being affected by DSEG has been normalized. Previously the access was only blocked for Attackers, and now it is blocked for Defenders too.
- Iana, Finka, Lion, Dokkaebi and Warden’s unique abilities cool down timer is now paused while affected by DSEG.
- Jackal’s Eyenox automatically deactivates when affected by DSEG
- Dokkaebi’s Logic Bomb ability can be interrupted by DSEG during its casting.
- Attackers affected by disabled state won’t receive Finka’s adrenaline boost anymore.
Testing Grounds Playlist (TS)
- No Squad MMR Restriction.
- Join in Progress enabled.
- No leaving penalty.
- Pro League map pool and New/Reworked map with a higher chance of appearance.
- No map ban.
- Operator ban enabled. New and reworked Operators can’t be banned.
- Mix of Unranked and Quick Match settings (3 rounds role swap and one round Overtime).
- Changes made to the UI so it is more reliable.
- While AFK during the Planning Phase, the Operator selected will be based on the player’s personal statistics.
- This does not affect the behavior of the Random button.
- Live notification added when there is an ongoing match.
- New visuals for Alpha Packs.
- Behavior of Siege Esports Packs has been adjusted so that, instead of duplicates, it will give out Battle Pass Points.
Switch Firing Mode
- Switch Fire Mode was removed for weapons, but the function (now called Switch Ability Mode) was kept for Operator’s that have unique abilities with different modes (Ex. Zofia, Capitao).
- New Privacy tab in the Options menu.
- Prevent Queue Sniping options moved to this new section.
- Options are: Hidden Matchmaking Delay and Hide Region and Latency.
- Added Outback map and removed Border map from the Newcomer playlist.
- Added Outback map to Ranked/Unranked.
- Added Playlist Presets when creating a Custom game.
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Decreased the compass size.
- Automatically dim the Action Reminder opacity while in ADS.
- Added an opacity slider for Action Reminders in the HUD Options menu.
- Added the option to choose an Advanced or Simplified compass in the HUD Options menu.
Addressed a bug where total ammo count is incorrect on some weapons.
Addressed a bug where movement speed while using ADS upside down is faster than right side up during Rappel.
Fixed an issue where changing sensitivity mid-game removes the ability to look in any direction while in ADS.
Fixed an issue where assist is not counted for the player that injures an opponent if a teammate puts the opponent in DBNO and then eliminates them.
Fixed – Barbed wire can be destroyed by allies when friendly fire is off.
Addressed a bug where muffled sound on some weapons.
Fixed an issue where some device recharging cooldowns don’t get paused while in DSEG.
Addressed an issue where reinforcement hinges are invisible from one side and block bullets.
Fixed an issue where some gadgets don’t break the glass window when deployed on a barricade.
Addressed a bug where threat indicator doesn’t appear for a grenade dropped by an eliminated Operator.
Fixed an issue where servers prioritize putting players with a fast connection on the Attacker side during lobby creation. Attacker and Defender sides will now be chosen at random.
Fixed – In the Planning Phase, selecting Confirm Loadout with a controller also picks up the defuser or drops it.
Fixed – Grenade indicator color can be inconsistent with the level of threat.
Fixed an issue where crosshairs of the Bulletproof Camera are not visible for teammates and spectators.
Fixed – Electric damage won’t reactivate for a device disabled by an EMP if another electric device is deployed and picked up during the EMP duration.
Fixed a bug where player’s camera goes out-of-world after being eliminated when no drone is available.
Fixed a bug where laser sight remains visible while in ADS.
Fixed – Barbed wire destroys Defenders’ secondary gadgets when it’s deployed on top of them.
Addressed a bug where the same controller input is used for dropping the defuser and switching ability mode.
Addressed a bug where multiple LOD and LOS issues on various maps.
Fixed – Defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on various maps. Fixed – Exploitable gaps on various maps.
Addressed a bug where multiple clipping, collision, destruction, and asset issues on various maps.
Fixed an issue where attacker can instantly teleport down from the roof by dropping to the lower ledge and entering Rappel.
Fixed – Valkyrie’s Black Eye cameras lose signal at B Central Stairs. HOUSE
Fixed – Hatch gets destroyed when certain gadgets are deployed on top of it in 1F Dining Room.
Fixed – Incorrect Bombsite shown when a defuser is planted in 3F Bar and 3F Cocktail.
Fixed – Bulletproof Camera can be deployed inside of an indestructible wall at EXT Terrace Balcony.
Fixed an issue where aI will remain stuck after spawning under the BBQ at 2F Covered Terrace in Training Grounds.
Fixed an issue where stairs sign is still present in 1F Reptile Hallway even though the stairs were removed.
Fixed a bug where player is unable to place deployable devices on the south wall of 1F Bike Repair.
Fixed an issue where an Attacker can pass through the red banner when they rappel from EXT Shrine Balcony while carrying the hostage.
Fixed – Various animation issues.
Fixed a bug where players can throw devices through the gap between a Surya Gate and the ceiling.
Fixed an issue where ash’s R4-C assault rifle total ammo count is incorrect.
Fixed – Ela’s deployed Grzmot Mines appear in their undeployed state for a player that joins a match in progress.
Addressed a bug where the Cluster Charge needs a larger space to deploy than intended. The reinforcement spikes and hole edges block its deployment.
Fixed – Goyo’s Volcán Shield canister shells remain present after being destroyed for a player that joins a match in progress.
Fixed a bug where ping marker doesn’t appear when IQ aims at the edge of asset if it’s behind an obstacle.
Fixed an issue where some inputs are no longer registered when Jackal activates Eyenox at the edge of Mute’s Signal Disruptor.
Fixed a bug where lV Explosive Lance damage activates Reverse Friendly Fire when it eliminates a teammate.
Fixed a bug where lesion’s Gu mine maximum limit is displayed as 99.
Addressed a bug where the window of Maestro’s Evil Eye closes fully when disabled by Thatcher’s EMP.
Addressed a bug where the Action Reminder of Maestro’s Evil Eye appears and flickers when the camera loses signal while overheating.
Addressed a bug where the window of Maestro’s Evil Eye doesn’t close automatically after losing signal while outside the building.
Addressed a bug where mozzie is disabled due to crashes that occur when he eliminates a player or himself.
Addressed a bug where mute’s Signal Disruptor area of effect is visible in Support Mode for Attackers and Defenders.
Addressed a bug where mute’s Signal Disruptor triggers multiple scores for the same gadget.
Fixed a bug where players are affected by Melusi’s Banshee while hiding behind the Talon-8 Shield.
Fixed a bug where pulse’s Cardiac Sensor does not appear on screen after a player joins a match in progress.
Addressed a bug where thorn’s Razorbloom deployment effect produces cement particles regardless of the surface material.
Addressed a bug where multiple animation and audio issues for Thorn.
Fixed – Blades discharged from Thorn’s Razorbloom Shell stick to the lens of a Bulletproof Camera.
Addressed a bug where thorn’s Razorbloom Shells clip through one another when deployed too close together.
Addressed a bug where thunderbird can peek behind cover without opponents seeing her when she deploys a Kona Station.
Fixed – Valkyrie’s Black Eye camera can’t be picked up if it’s thrown under tight spaces.
Addressed a bug where the gyroscope of Valkyrie’s Black Eye moves while the camera is in the process of connecting.
Fixed – Valkyrie’s Black Eye camera appears as disabled when a player joins a match in progress.
Fixed – Ying’s Candela model briefly reappears a few seconds after being destroyed.
Fixed – Ying can deploy Candelas into a surface while in prone stance.
Fixed – Zero’s smart ping is misplaced and offset when an Argus camera is placed on the ceiling.
Fixed a bug where laser dots appear over the sight when aiming at the sky with Zero’s Argus Launcher.
Fixed – Zero’s Argus camera appears as disabled when a player joins a match in progress.
Fixed an issue where compass options in the HUD section can be changed when the compass is turned off.
Fixed – Various UI issues.
Fixed – Various Match Replay issues.
Fixed – Various localization issues.
Fixed – Various audio, SFX and VFX issues.
Fixed – Various customization and Shop issues.
Fixed an issue where custom Playlists present some inconsistencies between cross-platform for PC and Stadia.
Fixed an issue where saved Customization can be reset after a patch.
Fixed a bug where players may encounter a crash when exiting the Loadout section of an Operator’s menu.
Fixed – Backing out of the Pack Manager without opening a pack and then creating a Custom match will cause an infinite, blue loading screen after the Pick Phase.
Fixed an issue where alpha Packs cannot be opened using the Enter button on keyboard or X/A button on controllers.
Addressed a bug where the game crashes after filling a text chat box with specific characters and sending the message.
Fixed – Inputs aren’t displayed for the Action Reminders.
Fixed – Occasionally a squad member will not be able to hear anyone in a session on Stadia.
Fixed – Xbox players can lose all in-game audio and then crash.
Download free Rainbow 6 Siege update 2.16 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, and Xbox One.