Rainbow Six Siege (R6) update 1.70 is now rolling out for players on PS4 and Xbox One. According to the official Rainbow Six Siege 1.70 patch notes, the latest update brings balancing for shields, Glaz buffs, Jackal nerfs and a QOL change for Maverick torch SFX. Apart from this, Rainbow Six Siege version 1.70 also includes further improvements to the RFF system to moderate griefing teammates.
Previously, a big Operation Phantom Sight update was released with two new operators – Nøkk and Warden as well as a long list of bug fixes. Unfortunately, many players are still experiencing a number of issues when trying to play the game online. Today’s R6 patch 1.70 is expected to fix a few of these issues.
Rainbow Six Siege (R6) update 1.70 patch notes
- Addition of further RFF parameters to take into account damage history to a player from the offender over multiple rounds in a match.
- Continued chip damage to an individual from another teammate over several rounds will stack RFF points more quickly.
- Putting a teammate into DBNO will activate RFF.
- Reviving the DBNO teammate will remove the RFF activation.
- Bleeding out from DBNO will prompt the dead player to mark the TK as intentional or not.
IDLE KICK TIMER
- Idle kick warning timer will display 10 seconds before a kick.
LAN VOICE CHAT
- For optimization purposes, LAN/Offline modes in-game voice chat has been removed.
- PvP/Online voice chat will not be affected.
Balancing in R6 update 1.70
- Hip-fire cone increased.
- We have standardized the hip-fire penalization when you have a Ballistic Shield equipped. Having a shield equipped will now increase it by the same amount. Spread has increased for every Operator when a shield is equipped, but Fuze, Montagne and Blitz will be the most impacted by the change.
BALLISTIC SHIELD MELEE
- Performing a melee attack with a Ballistic Shield equipped will now only injure and DBNO the opponent, instead of killing them.
- The new changes for melee attacks while using a Ballistic Shield will impact Blitz, Fuze, Montagne and Recruit.
- Reduced Yokai Sonic Burst disorientating effect base duration to 7 seconds (down from 10s).
- Rainbow Six Siege version 1.70 reduced time it takes to trigger the vision penalty when moving or rotating, lowering the overall vision penalty when moving.
- Movement time before complete vision is lost is now 6 seconds (up from 2.5s).
- The speed at which the vision penalty is applied when rotating has also been slowed down.
- Reduced the number of pings from a scan to 4 (down from 5), reduced time being tracked by 5 seconds.
- Modified breaching torch sound SFX.
- Breaching torch sounds will now be easier to hear when Maverick is making a hole close to you.
- R6 update 1.70 increased Nøkk’s ability duration to 12 seconds and increased the refill timer to 12 seconds.
- With the longer duration, and cooldown, you’ll be able to better leverage her ability.
Bug Fixes in Rainbow Six Siege 1.70
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances, after emptying the magazine, weapons cannot be reloaded.
- R6 update 1.70 fixed an issue where after joining in progress, any Yokai drones or hacked Mozzie drones outside will not display the jammed VFX to the player who joined midway.
- Rainbow Six Siege version 1.70 fixed an issue where missing SFX for Clash when equipping her CCE Shield.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes placing Mira’s Mirror on a reinforced wall may not breach both sides of the wall.
- Fixed an issue where players can spawn peek the Docks.
- R6 update 1.70 fixed a bug where starting any situation after completing a Custom Online game will start a Thunt Lone Wolf on the same map and mode as the Custom Online game.
- Fixed an issue where players are unable to reconnect to a Ranked session via the dynamic Play button and remain in queue unless they relaunch.
- Fixed crashing issues.
- Added matchmaking improvements.
- Rainbow Six Siege 1.70 added fixes for some minor glitches.
- Added fixes for frame drop, stuttering, and lag issues.
- Addressed performance and stability improvements.
- Added various under the hood fixes with R6 1.70.
Rainbow Six Siege update 1.70 for PS4 and Xbox One is now available for download.